What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Knights v sharks 23k
Rabbits v Canberra 16k

Im hoping this could get more, with the Alex McKinnon tragedy it seems the Newcastle community is binding together - across social media it seems a lot of people are heading in with signs of support etc. I think a fair few people who wouldn't usually go would be there.

Thankfully there is no game this afternoon in Brisbane, massive storm heading our way - 96mls in 2hours in Toowoomba.

Burns

First Grade
Weather is looking real nice in Newcastle. Full sunlight, after a week of rain, great day for footy. Still think a crowd of 22k is what to expect, hopefully I'm wrong though!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Reds pulled 28k last night -- notwithstanding the current media story of the Reds outdrawing the Broncs.

I was there - the members seemed quite fruitful in comparison to a Broncos game unfortunately...

BUT!! I was predicting more like 25k.

I am worried that the Parra game this Friday won't reach 28+.

Are you a member again VOR?

Heritage XIII

Juniors
I was there - the members seemed quite fruitful in comparison to a Broncos game unfortunately...

Parra are on a roll (yes a one game winning streak is enough for Parra fans to be in a lather) and they'll draw 30,000 plus on Friday night. Broncos are playing entertaining football (seemed like a yawn fest at the Reds in comparison) so wouldn't worry bout the crowd.. Good thing is the FTA ratings for Broncos are on the up again. Think the Reds game got a miserly 27,000 on Fox Sports according to Media Week.

Last edited:

bottle

Coach
Tbh we need a club to grow the game of RL, weakening other codes will just be a useful bye product.

When you've got games in the heartland of the game regularly drawing sub 14k crowds then I think the concern of a Perth team not getting 20k every game is mute.
Silence you.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

If Broncos can't get more this week against Parra than what the Reds got against a South African team then they are a disgrace

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
it was over 15k actually, in the POURING RAIN. you're an idiot if you can't see perth needs a team. It's not gonna average ridiculous numbers but it is something the NRL needs to counter AFL and soccer in WA.

1. I never denounced Perth as an NRL expansion location. I hope we see a team there.

2. It was 12,014. Reported by us here at LU, by the Bulldogs, and the NRL. Happy to link all three sources if you so desire.

I doubt there are many titans fans in that Ipswich Logan Sw corridor which is where the new Brisbane team is likely to develop its fanbase from

A new SEQ team will pull fans from Brisbane, not just Ipswich - and there are a fair amount of people in Brisbane who go down the M1 just so they don't have to watch the Broncos.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Is Expansion even a good idea? the majority of the teams in the NRL have either less than 10k members or barely over 10k members,shouldn't we improve these disgraceful non Parra clubs first?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Is Expansion even a good idea? the majority of the teams in the NRL have either less than 10k members or barely over 10k members,shouldn't we improve these disgraceful non Parra clubs first?

Ignoring your obvious troll there, I think the discussions here are about who, not when. I don't think expansion should be on the agenda til at least 2017 tbh.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Ignoring your obvious troll there, I think the discussions here are about who, not when. I don't think expansion should be on the agenda til at least 2017 tbh.

The only thing obvious is that the majority of NRL teams have less members than a team that almost has 3 wooden spoons in a row(we beat Titans in 2011 last round to avoid spoon) including your beloved Doggies,disgraceful non Eels fans letting the game down.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Parra are on a roll (yes a one game winning streak is enough for Parra fans to be in a lather) and they'll draw 30,000 plus on Friday night. Broncos are playing entertaining football (seemed like a yawn fest at the Reds in comparison) so wouldn't worry bout the crowd.. Good thing is the FTA ratings for Broncos are on the up again. Think the Reds game got a miserly 27,000 on Fox Sports according to Media Week.

Last night was 28,060.

Ticket sales for Friday are quite poor. Usually Paramatta don't draw well here.

Usually the crowd is around the 24k-27k.

We got 38k vs them in desperate circumstances late in 2010.

a 30k in 2009 also i think.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Please don't post those worthless Broncos PAX numbers later in the week SLR,there never even close to being what the actual crowd is,cheers bro.

Flapper

First Grade

I disagree. People say that there's not enough talent for expansion, but expanding to places like Perth creates an instant talent pool where there wasn't any top line option before unless you wanted to relocate to the east.

If I was Dave Smith I'd announce Perth and another team (leaning towards a Western Corridor or a Brothers bid, but the only one I would definitely not want is the Brisbane Bombers) within the next 3 months, express interest for 2 more bids, one heartland one non-heartland for 1 or 2 years after those teams, and build more junior pathways in those areas. The longer we wait the more potential stars we lose to other sports or areas in life.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Last night was 28,060.

Ticket sales for Friday are quite poor. Usually Paramatta don't draw well here.

Usually the crowd is around the 24k-27k.

We got 38k vs them in desperate circumstances late in 2010.

a 30k in 2009 also i think.

38,193 in 2010 Friday night at Suncorp between these two teams,how dare you soil the great Eels name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts