What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Bench
Just shows that a stat can be found to prove anything. Lies damn lies and statistics as they say.

Souths are a bigger draw at the gate than Easts. That is a simple universally recognised fact. Souths > Easts in terms of fanbase size, memberships and matchgoing support. Fact. To argue differently is frankly silly.

Not if you know what you're looking at.

Only 3 of Souths 9 home games drew crowds above 16,000, 7 of the Roosters 12 home games drew crowds above 16,000 & 7 of the Dogs 10 home games drew crowds above 16,000.

I'm not arguing that the latter two clubs have larger supporter bases, but I will argue based on that evidence that both the Bulldogs & Roosters were far more consistent in drawing decent sized crowds and rely less on big turn outs to boost up their season average.

georgesnmith

Juniors
souths / chooks should be a decent crowd

saying diamond category is gone and next best available is section 409 which usually means a good crowd is on hand.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Come on Sydney don;t get lower crowd than the soccer game, we'll never hear the last of it from the media! Every self respecting RL fan should be at the game to make sure it doesn;t happen.

papabear

Juniors
Come on Sydney don;t get lower crowd than the soccer game, we'll never hear the last of it from the media! Every self respecting RL fan should be at the game to make sure it doesn;t happen.

I imagine it will get a bigger crowd.

But to be fair stick the soccer game at homebush on a Thursday day night and they would be like to get 15k.

RWB

Bench
They're running a promotion for a 20% discount on Thursday nights game, probably not a good sign for how ticket sales are going.

Sad indictment on league fans and the NRL if they get outdrawed by the 99th best competition in football. For what is the opening round of the NRL, people should be showing up they waited all this time for the footy. Typical.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Sad indictment on league fans and the NRL if they get outdrawed by the 99th best competition in football. For what is the opening round of the NRL, people should be showing up they waited all this time for the footy. Typical.

have you ever made a single positive post on rugby league

LatK7

First Grade

It's true...the A-League fans will go on about it for months.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Fact is though Rugby league will draw 130000+ In Sydney this weekend and soccer will have 38000.

A League is averaging 13,000 or thereabouts, well under what the NRL gets every season

only an idiot would compare the best A League crowd in sydney with one or two NRL games which theyve chosen which are less

the NRLs highest sydney crowds this year will be over 50k, on multiple occasions.

H.H

Juniors
They're running a promotion for a 20% discount on Thursday nights game, probably not a good sign for how ticket sales are going.

Where do you access that deal?

I'm going regardless but if I can save some coin I will.

RUG13Y

Juniors
Hoping to see strong crowds all around. Having Souths and Roosters on a Thursday will reduce crowds unfortunately. No home game for the Broncos is craziness.

Brutus

Referee
If crowd maximisation is a major goal then playing souths v chooks on a thursday night is f**king stupid.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Thursday night puts a lot of people off i understand. Certainly it prevents me from attending. At least its not the first 4 weeks this year like 2013 which killed some big drawing games.

Should still top 35k imo when souths and stadium members are taken into account

TTL

Juniors
Thursday night puts a lot of people off i understand. Certainly it prevents me from attending. At least its not the first 4 weeks this year like 2013 which killed some big drawing games.

Should still top 35k imo when souths and stadium members are taken into account

Partying on a school night... Not great for the fans who need to travel from outer suburbs or further. Great for people who want to stretch the league nights over five nights

Valheru

Coach
I don’t think a one off Thursday night game to start the season is a bad thing, I would prefer it to Monday but that’s another discussion. The situation last year having 4 in a row with the Monday games as well was stupid.

If anything it could be it’s the stadium holding things back here. Last year the game got 35k on a Thursday at the SFS and would probably get towards 40 this year so anything below that tonight would be disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.