What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is Expansion even a good idea? the majority of the teams in the NRL have either less than 10k members or barely over 10k members,shouldn't we improve these disgraceful non Parra clubs first?

How will not having a team in Perth help cronulla or manly membership numbers?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Something the NRL could do is ask every club to set aside somewhere in the stadium for opposition fans and offer members of the opposition clubs $15 adult $5 child tickets into this area. If that was the deal at every game it has a number of positives
Bigger crowds
Better atmosphere
More members for all clubs

georgesnmith

Juniors
Something the NRL could do is ask every club to set aside somewhere in the stadium for opposition fans and offer members of the opposition clubs $15 adult $5 child tickets into this area. If that was the deal at every game it has a number of positives
Bigger crowds
Better atmosphere

yep.

encourage more fans to get membership so another benefit is cheap away seats.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Looks like it'll be raining again in Sydney next week.

Forecast does say possible Showers.

If its fine weather from Wednesday or Thursday, they'll be decent crowds in Sydney.

This is the first NRL game at the SCG since the members stand was complete, so I reckon close to 30,000 but hopefully more.

Perth Red

Post Whore
yep.

encourage more fans to get membership so another benefit is cheap away seats.

If we can come up with these ideas why can't the NRL? They have money, they now have a massive office of staff, where are the initiatives to grow crowds to 20k avg?

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Rabbitohs crowd was ok. Outdrawing a GF rematch and against Canberra. Crowds in Sydney for games involving Canberra rarely get over 15,000.

As Timmah said highest Sydney Canberra-Souths game since 99 and highest since 94 for a normal round.

People in here really need to pay more attention to historical statistics and less to expectations based on boulderdash.

pHyR3

Juniors
Bigger crowds
Better atmosphere

good idea!

theyre implementing something similar with reciprocal tickets. They easily got 1-2k extra round 1 tigers vs dragons because of this.

Also, not sure if people are still banging on about ANZ dragging down crowds but

2012/13 ANZ average = 22k. was 15-16k 4 years back or so which is why it has that stigma.

25k is not too bad an atmosphere if 90% are in the bottom tiers.

beave

Coach
Tits v cowbs should have been the Friday night game. Instead of getting close to 18-20k it will get 10-12k.
6:30pm kickoff on a monday night is f**king ridiculous, I know the NRL didnt chose this as the monday game per se, but f**k me some common sense should have prevailed on this one. The titans would have been banking on this game being their better drawing games for the year but instead it will be just a regular run of the mill crowd for them. This game just doesn't help itself sometimes.

guyver78

Juniors
The days where we get a good amount of people from walk-ups are almost all but over for most games these days.

Souths v Canberra yesterday

Gold $60
Burrow $45
GA $35

Dogs Of War

Coach
The days where we get a good amount of people from walk-ups are almost all but over for most games these days.

Gold $60
Burrow $45
GA $35

Why do Souths charge so much for tickets? GA should never be more than $25, and should be cheaper if you buy before the day of the game.

As soon as they start losing, the support (crowds) will fall away very quickly. It's not like ANZ doesn't guarantee a minimum payment, just seems they want to take a little more money out of the public's wallet. Hopefully they don't make the Bulldogs vs Souths Easter show game have similar pricing (It's a Souths home game this year). Love to see another 50K in the stadium.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

Gold $60
Burrow $45
GA $35

That is pretty bad. In a marquee club game that is just acceptable but in the case of that fixture its a disgrace. How can you sell those seats in the end stands for that price, the view is terrible
Who sets that price is it anz or souths?

guyver78

Juniors
That is pretty bad. In a marquee club game that is just acceptable but in the case of that fixture its a disgrace. How can you sell those seats in the end stands for that price, the view is terrible
Who sets that price is it anz or souths?

Someone can correct me if i'm wrong here but Souths/Bulldogs DON'T SET TICKET PRICES at ANZ stadium. It's the stadium trust that sets these prices as well as the prices of food. I would imagine it would be the same for the Roosters where the SCG/SFS stadium trust sets ticket/food prices and NOT the Roosters themselves.

This is why club membersip (especially ticketed club membership is soo crucial to clubs). Unless there's a blockbuster with 40,000 people clubs actually get very little from gate receipts, it's the stadium that collects most of that. It's WHY Souths get paid to play their home games out of ANZ stadium.

What pisses me off is the fact that the NRL does very little about this as most of their money comes from the TV ratings.

guyver78

Juniors
Souths "members" again failing to turn up.

Considering that there was probably about 100 Canberra supporters there I don't think the crowd was all that tragic, sure nothing to brag about but it was above average.

It was also extremely HOT there yesterday, the eastern stand was almost unbearable and we had to move to the GA area just to get some shade.

oikee

Juniors
Tits v cowbs should have been the Friday night game. Instead of getting close to 18-20k it will get 10-12k.
6:30pm kickoff on a monday night is f**king ridiculous, I know the NRL didnt chose this as the monday game per se, but f**k me some common sense should have prevailed on this one. The titans would have been banking on this game being their better drawing games for the year but instead it will be just a regular run of the mill crowd for them. This game just doesn't help itself sometimes.

I posted awhile ago about Monday nights are killing crowds averages, stopping mums dads and kids from turning up and teams not only kill their own averages, they put the worst drawing team on the Monday night, so crowds are again down for that terrible night.

Send a message to CEO Davy i know everything Smith, who so far has completely screwed the start of this year's opening.
Monday nights should only be played if they have a long weekend, same as Thursday nights.

It is not rocket science what is going wrong, you only need a few rocks rumbling around in a half baked skull to see where the NRL is killing itself.

Back to Perth-Red, yes that s a great idea, but you know what would be a even better idea, just make it free entry for any club members of any club, any, not just NRL,.
nsw cup, or junior clubs, even soccer clubs or afl clubs and union.
Open the ends up behind the sticks that are empty every single Sydney game.
And guess what else, give the international students free f**king tickets to the weekend games, like the f**king AFL do.
Our code really needs a pineapple shoved right up the burgler. They are as useless as ears on a cricket ball.

They had better fix this game quickly, we are losing fans by the thousands now, not hundreds.

Here is the list of ASAP items the game needs to change before their kill the f**king thing dead.
Stadiums, fix Townsville and Canberra with new ones.
Fix the ANZ and build a new 50 thousand motherf**ker.

Strategies, stop this Monday night nonsense, its killing shite teams like the Sharks who get shafted to Monday nights, its killing juniors and your own crowd averages , they going backwards fast when 2 thousand turns up on the Monday, next week another thousand dont turn up because it looked shite last week on the Monday.

Expansion, expand the f**king game ya clowns into areas that can grow the f**king game.

Brisbane mark11 will send crowds soaring, and Perth need a team before the fans f**k-off to another code, and Wellington are now crying out for a team.

Give the f**king fans a team NRL.
A muppet could do a better job than this mob have started the season.

Last edited:

oikee

Juniors
Newcastle crowd, very good. 18 thousand is quite good seeing it was against the Sharks.
Wellington, excellent. 22 thousand.
So between Newcastle and Warriors, they made Dave Smith's average of 20 thousand crowds.

Now lets see, Bunnies, 16 thousand, not bad, playing the Raiders.
They still somehow need to get that to 20 thousand. So still 4 thousand down.

Parra, Penrith, awful, still not real bad but this is the local derby.

Not a bad weekend, not great either.
Game of the round, Warriors by a long way. Winning in Wellington keeps the wolves from the door.

If the NRL is not careful, NZ will start going backwards as well. A losing team will kill off interest, this is why they need another team in NZ asap.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Someone can correct me if i'm wrong here but Souths/Bulldogs DON'T SET TICKET PRICES at ANZ stadium. It's the stadium trust that sets these prices as well as the prices of food. I would imagine it would be the same for the Roosters where the SCG/SFS stadium trust sets ticket/food prices and NOT the Roosters themselves.

So ANZ thinks that Souths supporters are rich, Bulldogs supporters are poor?

Bulldogs reserved ticket price $50.
GA $25

So Souths have a $10 mark up on there tickets. I think that is Souths doing that, not ANZ.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It isn't Souths doing that. Those prices would be relative to the deal we signed. I bet we're getting more out of ANZ per game so they have to up our ticket prices. The prices are not set by either club.

As for people bagging our crowd against the Raiders, it's the best crowd for a Raiders game in Sydney for years. Get some bloody perspective.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts