What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJC

Juniors
Agreed, and foxsports next deal has to be allowed to play the game on the friday night that channel nine replay later, so fans can watch either game live.

The way the broadcast deal has been done is shocking.
Put it this way, now i no longer watch the add-feast second friday game, and i hardly watch the channel nine sunday game anymore, i did this weekend because of the tribute to Alex Mackinnon.
I cant wait for this TV deal to end, it has been a awful start to the year, and our crowds are holding really, not down too badly.

Also i coul;d not care if their was 50 million people in Perth, we only want 20 thousand, same as Melbourne, i will be happy when Storm are getting 20 thousand.
Our game is a TV sport, they are not even showing the game on tV, start now and in 5 years time, fans in melbourne and Perth and adeliade will be watching.
We have a backward code. it is like dumb meet dumber and somehow thought two wrongs make a right.

You said,,
Melbourne has half a million less people than Sydney and has ten AFL teams. Sydney has nine NRL teams. Go figure? Sydney deserves more NRL teams(the Bears at the Central Coast etc) and the game deserves genuine expansion not the dilution of its supporter base in Australasia's largest city.
Some of those afl teams are not teams at all, or supported. The reason why they keep such great support is market saturated by afl stories, i never read any papers from down south of barrassi line. It is full of nothing but afl.
I have seen empty grounds where they put up 18 thousand. Mate i counted them on one hand. They count club members, like Easts Tigers members in Brisbane, 20 to 30 thousand members, they would count that as their ground support.
Thats my story, i am sticking with it.

Your other story about losing generational support, i dont think ET gives a bullocks about the sharks, he is too busy fishing Papua New Guinea .
Besides, his sharks will still be alive, they will just be back in the NSW cup, and become a feeder team for the wellington sharks.

A means by getting "market saturation" is by having a high presence. This is how the AFL get such market saturation in a city with a lot less people than Sydney. More teams mean more market saturation and in Sydney the clubs are being diluted. A very apt recipe to weaken the game of RL in Sydney.

Generational support is a massive advantage for sports clubs and to throw it away is looking for the certain way to losing fans and cultural recognition.

These fans and culture are replicated exponentially Australia wide and this is the sought of damage you are advocating by not valuing generations of recognition and support. Simple as that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If the NRL made it easier to get tickets to matches it may help crowds.

Can't yet buy a ticket to the Manly vs Cowboys game at Bluetongue Stadium in 17 days time.
I have been to the ticketek website but you require a password to buy tickets to the game. I don't have any password.

Why make it so bloody hard and frustrating?

A casual fan would not bother.

Just because there's a password box there, doesn't mean you need to enter anything in it - it's there IF you have been supplied a special code for any sort of discount or special area.

Just don't enter anything and click "get tickets"... boom, you're in.

Valheru

Coach
I agree with that roosters home games are expensive but I am not sure how much say the stadium has in those prices. Given the size of the gorund I see no reason to not allow children under the age of 16 in free to all regular season home games outside of ANZAC day, our opener if it is against Souths and any extraordinary circumstance that could potentially sell out e.g. a game for the minor premiership.

I would also have no problem with some type of reciprocal agreement with the teams playing out of ANZ stadium, maybe the first k members for each away team gets in free.

juro

Bench
After 1 round:
- Total attendance = 126,590, worst since 2003 (7 games)
- Average attendance = 15,824, worst since 1998
- 63% of best average attendance (2011 = 25,039)

After 2 rounds:
- Total attendance = 264,395, worst since 2004 (14 games)
- Average attendance = 16,525, worst since 2003
- 82% of best average attendance (2006 = 20,220)

After 3 rounds:
- Total attendance = 393.408, worst since 2005 (21 games)
- Average attendance = 16,392, worst since 2003
- 84% of best average attendance (2006 = 19,482)

After 4 rounds:
- Total attendance = 511,520, worst since 2005 (28 games)
- Average attendance = 15,985, worst since 2003
- 85% of best average attendance (2006 = 18,782)

oikee

Juniors
A means by getting "market saturation" is by having a high presence. This is how the AFL get such market saturation in a city with a lot less people than Sydney. More teams mean more market saturation and in Sydney the clubs are being diluted. A very apt recipe to weaken the game of RL in Sydney.

Generational support is a massive advantage for sports clubs and to throw it away is looking for the certain way to losing fans and cultural recognition.

These fans and culture are replicated exponentially Australia wide and this is the sought of damage you are advocating by not valuing generations of recognition and support. Simple as that.

We seem to be going round and round in circles. Talk too long about a subject, your called a troll, talk about cutting back Sydney teams, you have a Queensland agenda or braindead for wanting to kill-off Sydney clubs.

You talk about generational support. That's fine if your got clubs in every city like the AFL soccer and Union.
Look, we are losing generational support if you ask me. Too many people are moving to other codes where they can see the game 'live' & weekly and get access to the game on TV.
Rugby league do neither well or at all.

I wish Sydney people would just move, f**k-off to another city, and see the damage Sydney is doing to the code by hanging onto something that does not exist any more.

This small tribe bullshit is just that. Nobody wants to sit on the hill anymore in the rain while yobbo's are shouting obscenities.
Every other code has moved on, ours is the only code hanging onto this last remnant of last century.
Only English super-league can do that, why, because they do it so bloody well.

You get sick of banging your head against a brick wall anyhow, i think Dave Smith understands what needs to be done, at least he spent the time to look at what is happening to the code in the bush, at grass-roots, and in Queensland where he can see that the game up here is in trouble as well if we dont start to act now. (union soccer and afl are growing strongly while league asleep at the wheel in Brisbane)

I have said, since we signed that TV deal our time is now.
It wont be if we do nothing, we would have let the code down again and sat back to once again protect Sydney clubs while outside Sydney where the real growth is to be made, we fail again.

To be honest, those generational fans your talking about, even they are disillusioned about the code, they have been beaten done by the game and are on their last legs, the only thing keeping them going now is the game itself.

No, this is last chance saloon, and as we have seen with players misbehaving, and code hoppers, and crap stadiums and crap time slots and crap planning, if the game gets it wrong this time.
ITS ALL FORKING OVER.
One game every second week in Brisbane, WTFORK.
One game every two weeks in NZ, ?

The AFL beat us at every turn because they were quick to see a market left open every second week, so they started to close that gap in the market.

Look, they either wake up rugby league or just put yourself to sleep, for good.

To think our code should become a National Treasure.
It is showing all the signs of becoming Dumb Meets Dumber and Dumbest.

Last time i will say this, we need to shut the backdoor, so players transfer to other clubs or codes after grand final.
Anyone mentions Union, either fined or shown the door.
Dont keep players who are going to union in the game for a extra year, that money should be going towards or to our league junior''s up and coming players. .

The game has been dumb for too long.
Get outta Sydney if you cant see this, your mind is clouded and muddied.

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
We seem to be going round and round in circles. Talk too long about a subject, your called a troll, talk about cutting back Sydney teams, you have a Queensland agenda or braindead for wanting to kill-off Sydney clubs.

You talk about generational support. That's fine if your got clubs in every city like the AFL soccer and Union.
Look, we are losing generational support if you ask me. Too many people are moving to other codes where they can see the game live weekly and get access to the game on TV.
Rugby league do niether well or at all.

I wish Sydney people would just move, f**k-off to another city and see the damage Sydney is doing to the code by hanging onto something that does not exist any more.

This small tribe bullshit is just that. Nobody wants to sit on the hill anymore in the rain while yobbo's are shouting obscenities.
Every other code has moved on, ours is the only code hanging onto this last remnent of last century.
Only English super-league can do that, why, because they do it so bloody well.

Ok, you get sick of banging your head against a brick wall anyhow, i think Dave Smith understands what needs to be done, at least he spent the time to look at what is happening to the code in the bush, at grass-roots, and in Queensland where he can see that the game up here is in trouble as well if we dont start to act now. (union soccer and afl are growing strongly while league asleep at the wheel in Brisbane)

I have said since we signed that TV deal is time is now.
It wont be if we do nothing, we would have let the code down again and sat back to once again protect Sydney clubs while outside Sydney where the real growth is to be made, we fail again.

To be honest, those generational fans your talking about, even they are disillusioned about the code, they have been beaten done by the game and are on their last legs, the only thing keeping them going now is the game itself.

No, this is last chancwe saloon, and as we have seen with players misbehaving, and code hoppers, and crap stadiums and crap time slots and crap planning, the game gets it wrong this time.
ITS ALL FORKING OVER.
One game every second week in Brisbane, WTFORK.
One game every two weeks in NZ, ?
The AFL beat us at every turn because they were quick to see a market left open every second week, so they started to close that gap in the market.

Look, it either wake up rugby league or just put yourself to sleep, for good.

To think our code should become a National Treasure.
It is showing all the signs of becoming Dumb Meets Dumber and Dumbest.

Last time i will say this, we need to shut the backdoor, so players transfer to other clubs or codes after grand final.
Anyone mentions Union, either fined or shown the door.
Dont keep players who are going to union in the game for a extra year, that money should be going towards or too a league junior''s.

The game has been dumb for too long.
Get outta Sydney if you cant see this, your mind is clouded and muddied.

Not having a go, just a tip...you might want to cut your posts down. On an iPhone, which I imagine a lot of people would read these forums on, your posts are essays. Occasionally that's ok but just then when I was scrolling down and swiped my finger like 4 or 5 times for one post, I thought "I bet this is oikee"...and when I was right I thought I should say something!

mave

Coach
Just because there's a password box there, doesn't mean you need to enter anything in it - it's there IF you have been supplied a special code for any sort of discount or special area.

Just don't enter anything and click "get tickets"... boom, you're in.

Well aware of that , but it continues to come up with the same screen. Last time this occurred was during the finals series last year, when a password was required to access the ticket purchase page.

The fact remains, if a casual fan can't easily access tickets to a standard round match, is that helping the game?

oikee

Juniors
Not having a go, just a tip...you might want to cut your posts down. On an iPhone, which I imagine a lot of people would read these forums on, your posts are essays. Occasionally that's ok but just then when I was scrolling down and swiped my finger like 4 or 5 times for one post, I thought "I bet this is oikee"...and when I was right I thought I should say something!

Thanks for the tip, i am finding my feet on this site.
How do you think my posts have been going. Some good ideas. ?
I'll keep em short.

Saint Doc

Coach
Thanks for the tip, i am finding my feet on this site.
How do you think my posts have been going. Some good ideas. ?
I'll keep em short.

Haha all good mate, enjoying your posts that's why I mentioned it, if I wasn't I'd just ignore you! Some good ideas, keep it up mate!

guyver78

Juniors
Apparently it's supposed to rain all weekend again so so much for a good crowd this Saturday night between the Rabbitohs and Dragons

Dragon Jim

Juniors
One thing that irks me about tickets is that if I am taking my klds and want to sit in Category A, 1, Gold etc I cant select kids prices.

I know that obviously if there was a kids option a lot of people would select kids prices to get in cheaper, but even for memberships if I want to get a membership for my 5yo next year, Ill have to pay adults prices because I get Cat 1.

Not sure how to fix the issue (ticket inspectors at turnstiles to stop people with kids tickets like on trains) but it would be handy to have kids prices for Cat 1 tickets.

oikee

Juniors
You have to laugh, Paris in springtime, Paris in the rain, so romantic, so fun and fresh.
Sydney, it's raining, damm, lets stay home, whoa, how terrible, what a tragedy, warning it's raining in Sydney, dont get wet, you might shrink.
I remember walking home from work in Brisbane , pouring rain, the road flooded and i had my bag around my head, the rest was under water. Good times.
Sydney, be careful, you might get wet.

RWB

Bench
If the NRL made it easier to get tickets to matches it may help crowds.

Can't yet buy a ticket to the Manly vs Cowboys game at Bluetongue Stadium in 17 days time.
I have been to the ticketek website but you require a password to buy tickets to the game. I don't have any password.

Why make it so bloody hard and frustrating?

A casual fan would not bother.

This is a club decision, not an NRL decision.

Clubs seem to get let off the hook here in terms of ticekting issues despite all regular season games are managed by the home team, not the NRL.

Roosters for example have already released tickets to all 13 home games for 2014. Has nothing to do with the NRL.

mave

Coach
This is a club decision, not an NRL decision.

Clubs seem to get let off the hook here in terms of ticekting issues despite all regular season games are managed by the home team, not the NRL.

Roosters for example have already released tickets to all 13 home games for 2014. Has nothing to do with the NRL.

Good to know. Thank you.

If this is the case then the clubs need to do better, and be forced by the NRL to do better.

Absolute madness to be buying tickets to a Tigers home game through Promaster, Manly home games through Ticketmaster, other games through Ticketek.

You can buy all AFL tickets (yes El Diablo, I am one of those who watch both codes live) right now through Ticketek months in advance.

RWB

Bench
Dragons tickets @ major stadiums seem to be by far and away the best priced.

$22 for GA @ SCG
$22 for GA @ SFS (Anzac Day)
$22 for GA @ ANZ

I'd be surprised if there's any other clubs offering GA tickets that low at major stadiums.

mave

Coach
Also,

Why is it not possible to buy a "Manly Season Ticket" that gets you into every Manly game all regular season, away and home, as an option. Instead of only being able to purchase "season tickets" for home games.

General Admission would be ok for the away games. It is 2014, not 1978.

NRL take overall ownership and make stuff like this happen.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well aware of that , but it continues to come up with the same screen. Last time this occurred was during the finals series last year, when a password was required to access the ticket purchase page.

The fact remains, if a casual fan can't easily access tickets to a standard round match, is that helping the game?

Did you try another browser, clearing cache or anything?

As I mentioned, I had no trouble with it - a few of my friends buying tickets had no problem at all. Considered it could be a problem at your end?

Status
Not open for further replies.