What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

morley101

Juniors
The Sydney Roosters will be celebrating the 40th anniversary of the club’s 1974 Premiership against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs this Friday night kicking off Men of League Heritage Round at Allianz Stadium.
In 1974, the Eastern Suburbs Roosters beat the Bulldogs 19-4 in the year when it cost just 80 cents for a ticket to watch the likes of Ron Coote, Russell Fairfax and Arthur Beetson, to name but a few, at the Sydney Sports Ground.
This was the same year you could buy a litre of milk for 30 cents and a loaf of bread cost just 24 cents. Gough Whitlam was Prime Minister and sporting heroes Andrew Johns and Ricky Ponting were born.
Times might have changed, but in a throw-back to the 70s, in honour of those Chooks from years gone by, the Sydney Roosters will be offering a limited number of tickets at 1970s prices to Friday night’s blockbuster against the Bulldogs.
From midday today, fans will be able to purchase a General Admission ticket to the Roosters v Bulldogs game for just 80 cents a ticket. This is for a strictly limited number of tickets only. A limit of 4 tickets can be purchased per person and per transaction.
This special offer is available for online sales only (via Ticketek.com.au) and goes live at 12.00pm today.

http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2014/04/02/roosters_turn_back_time.html

Danish

Referee
A tad over $30 actually. Ticket prices are never what they appear on a list.

Either way, it's not a bargain, it's a joke. GA adult tickets should never cost anything more than say, 28 bucks. Including fees.

Special offer announced by the roosters this morning. $0.80 GA tickets (excluding ticketek booking fee) from 12:00pm today only.

Limited to 4 per customer and only a certain amount available at that price so get in early.

Family of 4 can go to the footy for under $10 including booking fee. Still too rich for your blood Timmah?

Danish

Referee
Anyone know if the Victor Trumper stand is any good at the SCG? All Souths Reserved Plus ticketed members get to sit there for Saturday night's game.

It's been years since I've been there and I've had a look on the Map but i'm not sure if that stand on level 3 is looking at the game Side on or directly behind the Posts.

No such thing as a good seat to watch rugby league from at the SCG. Closest thing I suppose is the Bill O'Reilly stand as its side on, but you are still miles from the ground so anything at concourse level is terrible.

If you can get get into the higher tiers of the Trumper stand then head there.

pHyR3

Juniors
Roosters/Doggies 21k
Broncos/Eels 31k
Sharks/Warriors 10k
Panthers/Raiders 13k
Dragons/Bunnies 23k
Storm/Titans 14k
Tigers/Sea Eagles 16k
Cowboys/Knights 10k

= 17.25k avg

would be pretty happy with that turnout.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Special offer announced by the roosters this morning. $0.80 GA tickets (excluding ticketek booking fee) from 12:00pm today only.

Limited to 4 per customer and only a certain amount available at that price so get in early.

Family of 4 can go to the footy for under $10 including booking fee. Still too rich for your blood Timmah?

Of course that's a good price - any need for the smart-arse address to me? :?

It's almost like you know the normal price is an utter joke and had to find a way to get under my skin :lol:

pHyR3

Juniors
we can easily break 16.5k avg this year for reg season if we just limit the number of really low attended games. Almost no games below 9k would help immensely and lifting these 10k games to 11-12k would do the same.

guyver78

Juniors
No such thing as a good seat to watch rugby league from at the SCG. Closest thing I suppose is the Bill O'Reilly stand as its side on, but you are still miles from the ground so anything at concourse level is terrible.

If you can get get into the higher tiers of the Trumper stand then head there.

Cheers mate yeah I know SCG is crap for watching NRL games and from what I've seen it looks like the Trumper stand is behind the dead ball line hence why they're silver seats. Ah well should still be good.

oikee

Juniors
Sydney people are so damm lucky to be able to attend so many historic games.
What a waste when you see such low crowds, now they giving away 80cents tickets.
I see the Broncos had a special on while visiting their homepage.
28 dollars to 69 dollars up to nine cat. (seating categories)

The problem with giving away tickets for 80 cents is the rest feel cheated, the ones who pay top dollar.
I prefer to see free tickets for any kids at junior clubs and students for a special section behind the goal posts.
I mean come-on, Sydney is the greatest city and has some special games, dont give the damm things away for chitlings.

I was thinking about this for deals at supermarkets, we could use it for league games.
One ticket.,,,,,, 30 dollars,,,,, kids free
Two tickets,,,,, 50 dollars "" ""
Three tickets,,,, 60 dollars "" ""

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench
Sydney people are so damm lucky to be able to attend so many historic games.
What a waste when you see such low crowds, now they giving away 80cents tickets.

It would've been for like 100 people, if that! I missed out and i tried at 12.10pm

oikee

Juniors
I just bought 3 cartons of beer for 60 dollars.,,, 3x 30packcans.
That is why i thought about league. You would buy more if you can see value in the product for acquiring more.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
I just bought 3 cartons of beer for 60 dollars.,,, 3x 30packcans.
That is why i thought about league. You would buy more if you can see value in the product for acquiring more.

That's some quality piss for sure.

Canard

Immortal
Roosters/Doggies 21k
Broncos/Eels 32k
Sharks/Warriors 11k
Panthers/Raiders 13k
Dragons/Bunnies 28k
Storm/Titans 12k
Tigers/Sea Eagles 15k
Cowboys/Knights 10k

I wonder if school holidays will help or hinder Monday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.