What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Last game i went to at Suncorp in 2012 when we smashed the Donkey's there seemed to be more Parra fans than Bonco ones. Parra fans will do their bit if there isn't at least high 30k it will be a very disappointing crowd. Parra has a huge brisbane fan base.

That is the most ridiculous thing i have EVER heard.

Brisbanes paramatta fan base isn't that big. The away supporter bay isn't even sold. Ha

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That is the most ridiculous thing i have EVER heard.

Brisbanes paramatta fan base isn't that big. The away supporter bay isn't even sold. Ha
Well to be fair your fair weather fans had pissed of after HT ;-) By the end there were only parra fans left :lol:

Great night, always good to beat the Brisbane Bandwagons.

You think a crowd of around 30k is acceptable??? A one team town with no competition?????

I remember the late 90's when 40-50k would show up to the abortion that is the ANZ. Oh where have the home of RL fans all gone??? Best stadium in the league as well.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Well to be fair you're fair weather fans had pissed of after HT ;-) By the end there were only parra fans left :lol:

You think a crowd of around 30k is acceptable??? A one team town with no competition?????

I remember the late 90's when 40-50k would show up to the abortion that is the ANZ. Oh where have the home of RL fans all gone??? Best stadium in the league as well.

I was there, jet lagged and still there until the hooter.

30k is a pass.

We may have one team but we have outrageous prices, and plus lots of my mates are refusing to go to any broncos games because they forked out $250 a pop on origin tickets and cannot afford to be throwing minimum $35 on a broncos game. Especially vs Parra.

Those days of 40k there were many handouts I believe. QE2 is a 22week old abortion. It is terrible, I think the parking was appealing though.

oikee

Juniors

30k is a pass.

We may have one team but we have outrageous prices, and plus lots of my mates are refusing to go to any broncos games because they forked out $250 a pop on origin tickets and cannot afford to be throwing minimum $35 on a broncos game. Especially vs Parra.

Those days of 40k there were many handouts I believe. QE2 is a 22week old abortion. It is terrible, I think the parking was appealing though.

The Stadium was in the wrong spot. Only went to games at Mt Gravatt if my mate had free tickets.
35 thousand plus Broncos and the wooden spooners from last year. , haha
They lucky to have a Friday night game against the mighty Bronco's.
It will be Hoppa's homecoming, didn't he work in Brisbane on his mission.
Some good games this weekend.

LineBall

Juniors
Well to be fair your fair weather fans had pissed of after HT ;-) By the end there were only parra fans left :lol:

I'd like to see the stats on how many night games the Broncos had to play when at ANZ. I remember most of their big crowds then were for day games.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

30k is a pass.
I think i remember you :lol:

And 30k is a shit crowd considering you got more against the Rorters who would have brought no one to the game. Sad when the Brisbane Deads draw more than the mighty Bronco's.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I think i remember you :lol:

And 30k is a shit crowd considering you got more against the Rorters who would have brought no one to the game. Sad when the Brisbane Deads draw more than the mighty Bronco's.

I was in section 331 - looked like death.

I find it incredibly sad that 38,910 tickets were sold to the roosters game and only 33,381 turned up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I find it incredibly sad that 38,910 tickets were sold to the roosters game and only 33,381 turned up.
A lot of my mates just don't like going to the Footy any more, we used to go every 2nd weekend once. I'm a parra fan but i would go to games especially at Suncorp. My mates all claim to be Bronco fans but not one of them were keen to go to a game. But they all have tickets for Origin.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
A lot of my mates just don't like going to the Footy any more, we used to go every 2nd weekend once. I'm a parra fan but i would go to games especially at Suncorp. My mates all claim to be Bronco fans but not one of them were keen to go to a game. But they all have tickets for Origin.

My first year of college i scraped up over 40 others to head to the Broncos v Cowboys game, now its hard to get 4.

I buy a few tickets for my boss and he gives them out to staff (who said a Finance firm director couldn't be fun?).

Then I buy two tickets and shout a mate each time, because no one wants to go anymore too. Unless its one of the big games where everyone wants to go for the spectacle.

Caxton St owners are loving the fact that people are loving staying in the pub instead of actually going.

Interestingly, there has been a bit of a reverse of that situation in my workplace. I have talked up a few colleagues into Awesome Foursome memberships this year.

Sadly, I will be keeping the numbers down tonight, but might recycle the two member cards through others. Hoping for a good 30k.

georgesnmith

Juniors

they went to watch the lions when they were winning, then the reds.

brisbane fans jump on the bandwagon hard.

the loss of fans in brisbane should be a concern for the league

hineyrulz

Post Whore
they went to watch the lions when they were winning, then the reds.

brisbane fans jump on the bandwagon hard.

the loss of fans in brisbane should be a concern for the league
You can't question Brisbane crowds mate, they get 30k and it's the headland of RL :lol: Lucky the loyal Parra fan base will rock up tonight and push these bandwagoners crowd over 30k

georgesnmith

Juniors
You can't question Brisbane crowds mate, they get 30k and it's the headland of RL :lol: Lucky the loyal Parra fan base will rock up tonight and push these bandwagoners crowd over 30k

it must be a mobile home (of rugby league) they use

they roll it out during origin but for the club games they park it interstate.

RWB

Bench
A crowd of around ~30k would be pretty good imo given both sides missed the 8 last year and by quite some distance. A bit of early season success doesn't change that.

These are all of Parra & Brisbane's clashes @ Lang Park;

2pyuqnb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts