What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJC

Juniors
We seem to be going round and round in circles. Talk too long about a subject, your called a troll, talk about cutting back Sydney teams, you have a Queensland agenda or braindead for wanting to kill-off Sydney clubs.

You talk about generational support. That's fine if your got clubs in every city like the AFL soccer and Union.
Look, we are losing generational support if you ask me. Too many people are moving to other codes where they can see the game 'live' & weekly and get access to the game on TV.
Rugby league do neither well or at all.

I wish Sydney people would just move, f**k-off to another city, and see the damage Sydney is doing to the code by hanging onto something that does not exist any more.

This small tribe bullshit is just that. Nobody wants to sit on the hill anymore in the rain while yobbo's are shouting obscenities.
Every other code has moved on, ours is the only code hanging onto this last remnant of last century.
Only English super-league can do that, why, because they do it so bloody well.

You get sick of banging your head against a brick wall anyhow, i think Dave Smith understands what needs to be done, at least he spent the time to look at what is happening to the code in the bush, at grass-roots, and in Queensland where he can see that the game up here is in trouble as well if we dont start to act now. (union soccer and afl are growing strongly while league asleep at the wheel in Brisbane)

I have said, since we signed that TV deal our time is now.
It wont be if we do nothing, we would have let the code down again and sat back to once again protect Sydney clubs while outside Sydney where the real growth is to be made, we fail again.

To be honest, those generational fans your talking about, even they are disillusioned about the code, they have been beaten done by the game and are on their last legs, the only thing keeping them going now is the game itself.

No, this is last chance saloon, and as we have seen with players misbehaving, and code hoppers, and crap stadiums and crap time slots and crap planning, if the game gets it wrong this time.
ITS ALL FORKING OVER.
One game every second week in Brisbane, WTFORK.
One game every two weeks in NZ, ?

The AFL beat us at every turn because they were quick to see a market left open every second week, so they started to close that gap in the market.

Look, they either wake up rugby league or just put yourself to sleep, for good.

To think our code should become a National Treasure.
It is showing all the signs of becoming Dumb Meets Dumber and Dumbest.

Last time i will say this, we need to shut the backdoor, so players transfer to other clubs or codes after grand final.
Anyone mentions Union, either fined or shown the door.
Dont keep players who are going to union in the game for a extra year, that money should be going towards or to our league junior''s up and coming players. .

The game has been dumb for too long.
Get outta Sydney if you cant see this, your mind is clouded and muddied.

The other codes you refer to have no issue in adding clubs to their competitions!

The NRL had 20 teams back in 1995 and was going very well! It had expansion teams in WA and a 2nd Brisbane team. Go figure?

Superleague killed that sort of genuine growth off. Doesn't mean we should not look at additional teams these days!

You do not have to dilute your strongest/biggest city market to expand.

oikee

Juniors
The other codes you refer to have no issue in adding clubs to their competitions!

The NRL had 20 teams back in 1995 and was going very well! It had expansion teams in WA and a 2nd Brisbane team. Go figure?

Superleague killed that sort of genuine growth off. Doesn't mean we should not look at additional teams these days!

You do not have to dilute your strongest/biggest city market to expand.

Hate to say this, your very wrong.
Having more than 16 teams will only bring misery to the NRL, just like AFL having 18 teams is sending them broke and will bring misery.
Codes cant support 18 teams, well the NRL could but i still think they need to not weaken Sydney, but make it stronger by realigning the boundaries of less teams.
Nobody is saying get rid of Sydney teams, that is where you keep making the mistake, they simply go back to NSW cup and become feeder clubs.

The NRL cant expand properly unless they cut back on at least 2 Sydney teams, any two.
Have a relegation, do something, but the axe has to fall.

oikee

Juniors
Warriors got a promotion 5 for $50 for the game against the Dogs at Eden Park next week

Angryman, the Storm also got a 50 dollar family promotion for Anzac day game. Which should get close to fullhouse, as will the Broncos game, be interesting to see who drops the ball , (which city) come Anzac day games.
I bet it's Sydney, again,.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Angryman, the Storm also got a 50 dollar family promotion for Anzac day game. Which should get close to fullhouse, as will the Broncos game, be interesting to see who drops the ball , (which city) come Anzac day games.
I bet it's Sydney, again,.

Maybe the Broncos should put on a promotion. I don't think it will be a full house.

Im sure Allianz will be and AAMI will be close.

georgesnmith

Juniors
if it doesnt rain sat i hope we get 30k. its not every day league fans get a chance to see this great old ground, especially with a game which features such history and the fact souths fans get in for free, and there are also SCG members as well.

insert.pause

First Grade
if it doesnt rain sat i hope we get 30k. its not every day league fans get a chance to see this great old ground, especially with a game which features such history and the fact souths fans get in for free, and there are also SCG members as well.

first league game since the new grandstand reno isn't it?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Because they have a whole city to themselves instead of fighting with 8 other clubs maybe?
Can't believe Broncos fans still say things like this.

Tell me the Sydney game last week that got 30K? The GF rematch got less than half of that. I wouldn't be blaming Brisbane's crowds, especially as Parra for Brisbane fans are not the most appealing.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: @ oikee.

While the two expansion clubs might be bottomless money pits for the AFL - they're hardly being "sent broke" over their existence. :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tell me the Sydney game last week that got 30K? The GF rematch got less than half of that. I wouldn't be blaming Brisbane's crowds, especially as Parra for Brisbane fans are not the most appealing.

Are you f**king illiterate? He's saying that Brisbane get larger crowds because there are no teams competing for space in the market there. The Broncos have a monopoly on the entire Brisbane metro area.

Last weekend in Sydney you had the Roosters, Dragons, Parramatta and Souths all hosting home games. Together, they had 55,908 attend matches.

I'm not suggesting what needs work in Sydney either - I just think that comparing Brisbane's 30-40k crowds to any Sydney crowd week-to-week is a bit absurd given the polar opposite circumstances.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

Opposition teams are not meant to be appealing,Broncos fans are supposed to go to Broncos games to support the home team,derp derp derp

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
READ THIS BRONCOS FACEBOOK STATUS

Brisbane Broncos
3 hours ago ·
GONE MISSING!
Last Home Game: Broncos v Roosters - Friday 21 March 2014
Total Seats Sold/Taken - 38,910
Actual Crowd Attendance - 33,381
SO people who bought tickets then didn't show up + Broncos ticketed members & Suncorp Stadium ticketed members who didn't attend = 5,529 (14.21%)
NB: Our own Broncos member attendance = 80%.
If you suddenly can't make it to a Broncos home game for work, health or other reasons, then please consider sharing your membership card or giving your match ticket to another family member, friend or neighbour and share the love!
Broncos member cards are transferable, with the only condition being that you can't give juniors (4-14 years) an adult section membership card or vice versa. So as long as it's a 'like-for-like' membership card share - adult for adult / junior for junior, then it's all good at the entry gates tomorrow.
ANY QUESTIONS? PLEASE CALL OUR MEMBER DEPT: 1300 46 2766.
Let's try to beat that 80% attendance rate and introduce some new people to the wonderful world of Broncos rugby league LIVE at Suncorp Stadium.
Broncos v Eels match tickets right here for Friday night's 'Hodgo's Back' Heritage Round: http://bit.ly/1jpNzWl
See you there!
NB: Estimated Crowd v Eels at this stage: 28,500-29,000.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Last game i went to at Suncorp in 2012 when we smashed the Donkey's there seemed to be more Parra fans than Bonco ones. Parra fans will do their bit if there isn't at least high 30k it will be a very disappointing crowd. Parra has a huge brisbane fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.