What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
they went to watch the lions when they were winning, then the reds.

brisbane fans jump on the bandwagon hard.

the loss of fans in brisbane should be a concern for the league

This is just stupid.

Every team gets a tonne of bandwagoners when playing well. I love the Sydney teams that get bullshit crowds then oh wow 80k at the grand final all in their teams colours. Its cute.

When the Lions did well everyone found it fun to be so brilliant at a game we didn't care about, it was a strange buzz. Obviously, winning three premierships in a row adds some excitement to a city.

Reds went from absolute abomination to playing frantic yet brilliant rugby, anyone who didn't want to go watch that showed blatant ignorance.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
A crowd of around ~30k would be pretty good imo given both sides missed the 8 last year and by quite some distance. A bit of early season success doesn't change that.

These are all of Parra & Brisbane's clashes @ Lang Park;

Thank you for the logic RWB!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You can't question Brisbane crowds mate, they get 30k and it's the headland of RL :lol: Lucky the loyal Parra fan base will rock up tonight and push these bandwagoners crowd over 30k

I can't wait to hear the rubbish you spin about there being "so many" Parramatta fans there.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
A crowd of around ~30k would be pretty good imo given both sides missed the 8 last year and by quite some distance. A bit of early season success doesn't change that.

These are all of Parra & Brisbane's clashes @ Lang Park;

2pyuqnb.jpg
Bronco's on top of the ladder, Parra are 2 from 4 with some exciting players in their line up. Souths and the Roosters copped it deluxe for a 27k crowd and rightly so. But we can't say a crowd around of 30k is pretty average for a one team town???? And it's not like Parra won't bring any fans, hardly a bruised ego mate. We have been the laughing stock of the League for the past 3 years, and you reckon a bit of banter in here is because of a bruised ego??? :lol: Mate my skin is far thicker than that as a Parra fan it has to be. It's Bronco fans who are being a little precious in here. Heartland of RL my arse :lol: ;-)

georgesnmith

Juniors
This is just stupid.

Every team gets a tonne of bandwagoners when playing well. I love the Sydney teams that get bullshit crowds then oh wow 80k at the grand final all in their teams colours. Its cute.

When the Lions did well everyone found it fun to be so brilliant at a game we didn't care about, it was a strange buzz. Obviously, winning three premierships in a row adds some excitement to a city.

Reds went from absolute abomination to playing frantic yet brilliant rugby, anyone who didn't want to go watch that showed blatant ignorance.

souths and parramatta.

broncos should take a leaf out of their book.

cant believe that rival sports get / used to get similar crowds as the broncos in a city where league is apparently the dominant code. lions were doing over 30k, the reds do over 30k?

the broncos used to do over 40k and the crushers did 15k

and that was in the 1990s, brisbanes population has increased by 1 million since then

georgesnmith

Juniors
parra home game in a few weeks vs tigers at ANZ for easter monday

if form is good that should give the eels average a very nice tick upwards.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thank you for the logic RWB!
So many excuses for the home of RL :lol: I have 20 odd Bronco loving mates, guess what i scored 4 free tickets to the game tonight and i am struggling to give them away. So far one is keen another maybe. The rest just don't seem to care. Then these blokes will have the hide to give me shit for supporting Parra, face it Brisbane is the biggest bandwagon team in the comp bar none. A city of 1.5m people in a 1 team town cannot even fill out a 50k seat and best stadium by a mile in the home of RL :lol:

We got 15k on a wet night against the Panthers last week and it was a supposed shit crowd lol.

georgesnmith

Juniors
if the broncos bandwagon doesnt pick up soon some of the sydney clubs could in a few years be getting bigger crowds than they do.

morley101

Juniors
I can understand why Brisbane's crowd is not growing. Channel 9 broadcast their games live nearly every week and people just get use to watching them on TV instead of making a trek to the ground.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
it must be a mobile home (of rugby league) they use

they roll it out during origin but for the club games they park it interstate.
:lol: I can't give free tickets away for a mighty mighty table topping Bronco's game but all these same blokes snapped up origin tickets. Face it QLDers are happy to beat NSW and follow their Bronco's when they have a side full of chock full of AUS/QLD reps otherwise they don't seem to care. SOS Benny, SOS Thoroughbreds :lol:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
:lol: I can't give free tickets away for a mighty mighty table topping Bronco's game but all these same blokes snapped up origin tickets. Face it QLDers are happy to beat NSW and follow their Bronco's when they have a side full of chock full of AUS/QLD reps otherwise they don't seem to care. SOS Benny, SOS Thoroughbreds :lol:

We sold out our origins all the time, even when we were woeful. Dead rubber in 03 also sold out.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We sold out our origins all the time, even when we were woeful. Dead rubber in 03 also sold out.
QLD is all about origin, honestly it's all most of you really care about. My mates just don't get Sydney's club culture, they couldn't believe i would go for the Warriors ahead of a side from Sydney in the 2011 GF. "It's Manly i told them" "But but but yeah the Warriors aren't even from Australia"

They just don't get it, we all watched the 04 Semi when the Cowboys beat the bronco's, they weren't too upset because at least a QLD side had won :crazy: I was amazed, i would have been gutted but they seemed happy as long as a QLD side had won. Amazing the different cultures between the states.

Snappy

Coach
Its amusing that you use the sample size of your mates as a representation of all Broncos fans.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Its amusing that you use the sample size of your mates as a representation of all Broncos fans.
Meh just thinking out loud, gee you Bronco fans are a little touchy ;-)

Should be a cracking game and not really any excuses if the crowd doesn't crack 30k.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
QLD is all about origin, honestly it's all most of you really care about. My mates just don't get Sydney's club culture, they couldn't believe i would go for the Warriors ahead of a side from Sydney in the 2011 GF. "It's Manly i told them" "But but but yeah the Warriors aren't even from Australia"

They just don't get it, we all watched the 04 Semi when the Cowboys beat the bronco's, they weren't too upset because at least a QLD side had won :crazy: I was amazed, i would have been gutted but they seemed happy as long as a QLD side had won. Amazing the different cultures between the states.

Yeah I do agree with that.

I went for the Warriors haha.

But if it were ANY other Sydney team I would have gone for them. Anyone but Manly..

I also was supporting Parra in the 2009 GF, even though the amount of Queenslander's in the Melbourne team.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Meh just thinking out loud, gee you Bronco fans are a little touchy ;-)

Should be a cracking game and not really any excuses if the crowd doesn't crack 30k.

No excuses at all.

Remove Brisbane's crowds from the competition and the numbers look pretty rubbish.

oikee

Juniors
My first year of college i scraped up over 40 others to head to the Broncos v Cowboys game, now its hard to get 4.

I buy a few tickets for my boss and he gives them out to staff (who said a Finance firm director couldn't be fun?).

Then I buy two tickets and shout a mate each time, because no one wants to go anymore too. Unless its one of the big games where everyone wants to go for the spectacle.

Caxton St owners are loving the fact that people are loving staying in the pub instead of actually going.

Keep up the good work, one day they be begging you for tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts