What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

morley101

Juniors
Undercover seating now available to all ticket holders for tonights game at the SFS. The Eastern Grandstand will now be open.

Last edited:

oikee

Juniors
I want the Saturday night time slot. Cant wait till we get the Saturday night game v warriors.

Ok, lets not forget i said 35 thousand plus tonite.
Early call, Broncos Warriors 43 thousand.

Best 2 games this year so far, Roosters Broncos, Warriors Tigers. So far.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Ok, lets not forget i said 35 thousand plus tonite.
Early call, Broncos Warriors 43 thousand.

Best 2 games this year so far, Roosters Broncos, Warriors Tigers. So far.

35k plus tonight would be brilliant. I am thinking 29,500 - 32.5k.

Broncos Warriors depends on a lot - I will say 35-40.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos tickets are definitely bloody expensive. I don't care how good people say the stadium is for what you pay relative to your view its a goddamned touch up.

If the broncos were getting regular 40k attendances then I could understand the ticket pricing, but it seems like they aren't interested in increasing attendances and are instead happy to keep crowd number the same (around 30K) but just jack up the price

Yep, spot on!!

oikee

Juniors
3 cartons for $60?

What f**king horse piss rubbish did you purchase?

That sounds like Powers Gold territory right there

Hehe, no powers is more expensive.
I have been drinking the American beer, Tunza.,,, (Tun) They want to give it away, i will drink it.
Not a bad drop, just below XXXX Gold for class beer. hehe
It's the budgeting bargain that keeps me going.
I cant remember the last time i paid less than 20 bucks a carton, over 10 years ago when i was renovating the old house at Cannon Hill.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
So what Cat do you normally buy? Are any other categories even worth it at Suncorp?

At ANZ Cat 1 seats on level 1 are pretty much the only seats that are good.

I usually only buy white.

I used to buy level 6 blue which has now changed to MAROON and is way too overpriced.

However, I decided to use my 2for1 offer that I got with a captains membership (Just bought it to get the origin presale benefits). So I got blue for tonight - wasn't allowed to use it on Maroon haha.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Australian RL fans are soft as. Buy a poncho ffs!

I used to get to the ground early to help clear the snow off the pitch before kick off in my youth, sunshine makes you soft!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
30k at allianz do you mean??

doubtful... i'd be happy 20k given the rain

No no way, I'm talking about Suncorp for tonight and then Suncorp for the warriors game v broncos on a Saturday later on.

20k would be great considering that radar image !

The constant raining weather emphasis the importance of having a national competition with games everywhere can minimize the risk of weather screwing game attendance . With majority of the games in NSW the impact of the weather in the area has create a great hindrance to the game.

oikee

Juniors
So what Cat do you normally buy? Are any other categories even worth it at Suncorp?

At ANZ Cat 1 seats on level 1 are pretty much the only seats that are good.

Really there are no bad seats at Suncorp. I watched the 2008 league world cup from the last back row, and it was good.
They normally have the corners allocated for away fans, and they are perfect.
The seats just next to them towards the middle use to give me backache without a padded seat cover because you were slightly twisted to see the action.

The higher up the better the view, and the ends give you easy viewing of the video screens so you dont lose sight of the action up the other end of play.

I think i use to pay 80 dollars for two of us most games, which seems very cheap to me.

Danish

Referee
Australian RL fans are soft as. Buy a poncho ffs!

I used to get to the ground early to help clear the snow off the pitch before kick off in my youth, sunshine makes you soft!

bet you had to walk 12 miles to and from the stadium as well, uphill in both directions

Danish

Referee
Really there are no bad seats at Suncorp. I watched the 2008 league world cup from the last back row, and it was good.
They normally have the corners allocated for away fans, and they are perfect.
The seats just next to them towards the middle use to give me backache without a padded seat cover because you were slightly twisted to see the action.

The higher up the better the view, and the ends give you easy viewing of the video screens so you dont lose sight of the action up the other end of play.

I think i use to pay 80 dollars for two of us most games, which seems very cheap to me.

The no bad seats line is nonsense. The stadium doesn't somehow defy the laws of physics. Up the back is still miles from the action and on the ends is still viewing from an angle that most people don't enjoy watching league from.

The saying should be "you get the best view possible given your angle to the field" i.e. sure you are stuck behind the sticks or up in the rafters, but you'll be much better off up there than you would at most stadiums.

The SFS IMO is just as good for watching league from. If anything I'd say much of their seats are actually better as you are closer to the sideline. On the tunnel side of Suncorp the fence is quite a way back from the field.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The SFS IMO is just as good for watching league from. If anything I'd say much of their seats are actually better as you are closer to the sideline. On the tunnel side of Suncorp the fence is quite a way back from the field.

Both times that I have been to the SFS i was actually fairly disappointed..

Lower bowl is strangely angled. And the upper tier doesn't feel as on-top-of-it as the level 6 or 7 at Suncorp.

beave

Coach
I think the overall experience at Suncorp beats the SFS, except for having to put up with Broncos fans..........

oikee

Juniors
The no bad seats line is nonsense. The stadium doesn't somehow defy the laws of physics. Up the back is still miles from the action and on the ends is still viewing from an angle that most people don't enjoy watching league from.

The saying should be "you get the best view possible given your angle to the field" i.e. sure you are stuck behind the sticks or up in the rafters, but you'll be much better off up there than you would at most stadiums.

Is there some sort of child learning class here on this site.
I just finished telling you i got a bad back from sitting in line with the goal sticks next to the corner.
In each case i have been seated.

In the corner you dont twist your back, as the viewing is all towards the front of you.

Up the back is not miles from the action, you feel right on top of the action even in the very last seat, where i was sitting for that game.

I have also sat in the very front row right next to the tunnel fence, your nearly on top of the action, i could have kissed Wally Lewis he was that close to me and the mrs as he walked past.
I have sat in the front row right behind the sticks, perfect. At the top row behind the sticks, perfect.
I sat right at the top in the corner with my mrs at her first game, never heard her complain about the seats, she loved it, they were probably the worst seats i ever got at Suncorp.

Status
Not open for further replies.