What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Eels v Tigers on Easter Monday seriously has the potential to crack 50k. A lot of people at work are going who normally don't attend games.

optimistic but you never know

shows the potential for massive crowds if the nrl makes more marquee events at ANZ stadium with the strong sydney clubs

Parra stadium will be too small for the eels if they get up a head of steam.

oikee

Juniors
How can anyone say that crowds were solid this weekend.
They were pretty ordinary if we are looking at 20 k averages as a benchmark.

Sorry about yesterday, i had a few too many cheap 20 dollar a carton beers. I got moderated and spanked as well.
Again sorry.

I know we had a bit of rain, but still, we need to be looking at turning up no matter what, your team losing is more of a excuse for turning up. When the Broncos were being hammered i use to go to all the games they looked down the barrel, of being hammered. Some we won and they were great games.

Still worried about viewing figures, anyone got a run-down on them.

16 at the Tigers,
8 at the Panthers
12 at the Storm (they really need to spend some serious money into Melbourne schools)

Yes i know it is wet, but these are not great figures.
Stadium enjoyment will be a problem for 3-5 years, or until they build a new one for the west.
Until then they need to lower prices.

Last edited:

morley101

Juniors
Tigers V Manly 479,000 ( Syd & Bris)

STORM V TITANS 186,000 ( fox)

PANTHERS V RAIDERS 184,000 (fox)

guyver78

Juniors
Is section 602 in any good in suncorp stadium? or is it too far up? how does that compare to Level 4 at ANZ for anyone that's been to both?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Is section 602 in any good in suncorp stadium? or is it too far up? how does that compare to Level 4 at ANZ for anyone that's been to both?

Section 602 at Suncorp is BRILLIANT.

The level 6 sections at Suncorp are my favourite - brilliant view over Suncorp - especially when a big crowd is in - it is also closer to the field than level 7 east, and has wider stair wells for easier access. I do however, prefer to sit in the rows 60 - 68.

Even if you're row 79 the back row its better than the first row of level 4 at ANZ. Ive sat in almost every section at Suncorp. And almost every area of ANZ apart from level 3 behind posts.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Guyver - If you're looking at getting those tickets for Broncos v Rabbitohs, don't buy yet - buy maroon GA and just sit in section 603, right next door and you can sit closer to the front.

602 only has rows 77 and up available. which are fine, but I would rather 603 and sit up closer.

If you've already booked, no dramas - if you haven't been to Suncorp you will realise how lucky we are!

guyver78

Juniors
Section 602 at Suncorp is BRILLIANT.

The level 6 sections at Suncorp are my favourite - brilliant view over Suncorp - especially when a big crowd is in - it is also closer to the field than level 7 east, and has wider stair wells for easier access. I do however, prefer to sit in the rows 60 - 68.

Even if you're row 79 the back row its better than the first row of level 4 at ANZ. Ive sat in almost every section at Suncorp. And almost every area of ANZ apart from level 3 behind posts.

thinking about going up for the Rabbitohs game on the 25th but all Gold section is sold out now so wasnt sure about any other seats there.

What would you recommend given what's available at the moment?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah great effort from Tigers fans yesterday.

If it was just over 10,000 it wouldve been good cause of the weather but 16,000 is a huge effort.

Wouldve got more if it wasnt for the rain.

As for Easter Monday match, I cant see why it wouldnt get 40,000+ considering how both teams are travelling at the moment and there's a special $20 family ticket if you purchase them today only.

Hope they still have that deal if you purchase a ticket for the match you get free transport.

georgesnmith

Juniors
thinking about going up for the Rabbitohs game on the 25th but all Gold section is sold out now so wasnt sure about any other seats there.

try to get down the bottom if its up back

even the corner bays are good

i hate 600s imo

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Gold is tricky - they come available sporadically and randomly - last year I gold gold seats for the cows game in 302 on game day! But they are very limited and come on randomly, maybe 6-10 seats across two weeks. So you can wait and check daily...

Depends on what you prefer, given 602 availability is up high I would either click with the map on ticket (make sure silverlight is downloaded) onto section 639 and move your seats to rows 60-68. Or chose Maroon GA and it will plonk you in 603 and you can sit where you want.

Ignore blue - you may as well sit in white, there are a fair few seats on the lower bowl on the white category, which are fine if you like behind the posts - if you chose this option make sure you go caxton end.

If you feel like paying for maroon definitely sit up in 600s, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

guyver78

Juniors
Guyver - If you're looking at getting those tickets for Broncos v Rabbitohs, don't buy yet - buy maroon GA and just sit in section 603, right next door and you can sit closer to the front.

602 only has rows 77 and up available. which are fine, but I would rather 603 and sit up closer.

If you've already booked, no dramas - if you haven't been to Suncorp you will realise how lucky we are!

Haven't booked yet mate and at the moment it's giving me

Section: 602 Row: 73 Seat/s: 27-28

Which seems really high to me.

Springs

First Grade
For this week -
Panthers v Rabbitohs - 15,000 (deserves 18 or above I think)
Titans v Broncos - 22,000 (should always be a sellout)
Eels v Roosters - 16,000 (hoping for a near sellout)
Raiders v Knights - 12,000
Tigers v Cowboys - 13,000
Sea Eagles v Sharks - 15,000
Warriors v Bulldogs - 21,000
Storm v Dragons - 13,000

Also hoping for 40,000+ at ANZ on Easter Friday and Monday

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Use these photos.

Click on where the yellow highlighted 639 then click on any of those vacant seats. then it will say move your seats here.

Attachments

• INSTRUCT1.jpg
    INSTRUCT1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 15
  • INSTRUCT2.jpg
    INSTRUCT2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 11

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You might be better off buying maroon GA then you'll be in bay 603 and sit where you wish.

603 is a bit more central 30-40m line, 639 is 10-20m line.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
which seats mate? do you think they're better then sitting lower and in the corners?

In my opinion yes, so much better, you can see so much more of what the ball is doing, down in the corner is still good but i find i find myself squinting to focus when play is in the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.