What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

oikee

Juniors
Spoilt for choice Sydneysiders, and they still dont turn up.

Titans/Broncos will see one of the biggest crowds on the Gold Coast since Elvis last visited.

Crowds for Easter look enormously good.
What about the Anzac day games. One in each state, who do you think will pull the biggest crowd.

Whoever city wins the battle of Anzac day crowd should get a new team.

oikee

Juniors
lol, kids go free to the Titans biggest game of the year. Should be sold out every time.

Kids are the future of the code, every kid at every game should be free, if available seats, which means every Sydney match.
And throw in a free hotdog as well .

guyver78

Juniors
Does anybody have the latest PAX on the State of Origin game in Sydney? I wonder how they're going with those ticket sales...

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I've talked to a number of people lately on why their interest in league has dropped. They all say the same thing.. Getting rid of the shoulder charge was a big one. The other biggest one is players laying down after getting the slightest love tap in order to get a penalty. The phrase often gets used 'if I wanted to watch soccer, I'd watch soccer'.

Western_Eel

Juniors
Interest in all Sport is down this year not just NRL, and its only slightly down, Nothing to worry about.
The NRL has improved massively over the last 3 years and im enjoying it more than ever,

My only issue is scrums and the game clock but thats not going to stop me from watching it.

I think people are just too busy

Bronco Rob

Juniors
I've talked to a number of people lately on why their interest in league has dropped. They all say the same thing.. Getting rid of the shoulder charge was a big one. The other biggest one is players laying down after getting the slightest love tap in order to get a penalty. The phrase often gets used 'if I wanted to watch soccer, I'd watch soccer'.

If that's their beef what alternative do they have, MMA?

The biggest beef I get from fans who have lost interest is how structured and repetitive the game has become and the wrestling and I don't blame them, some games have become very hard to watch for free let alone pay good money to go and watch. Unfortunately this is symptomatic of coaches who coach not to lose rather than coaching to win.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Does anybody have the latest PAX on the State of Origin game in Sydney? I wonder how they're going with those ticket sales...

Millions of tickets left on the lower bays.

On sale since November, I would say its fairly small. But no dramas it will get 80k.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
What's your expectation looking at presales so far. Pretty damming if it doesn't fill 90% of the ground considerig how many Broncos fans will be there

Not that many seats left on the sideline stands, reserved end hasn't really sold much.

GA bay end is unknown, thats where the Broncos bay is and I presume that there will be a lot of Broncos fans there, on the Facebook they are encouraging the fans to buy heaps of GA seats.

I would be surprised if it gets less than 22k.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
If that's their beef what alternative do they have, MMA?

The biggest beef I get from fans who have lost interest is how structured and repetitive the game has become and the wrestling and I don't blame them, some games have become very hard to watch for free let alone pay good money to go and watch. Unfortunately this is symptomatic of coaches who coach not to lose rather than coaching to win.

There is no alternative, they just watch the game a lot less than they did.

The game to me looks like there is less wrestling this year. That's been the number one improvement in my eyes. It doesn't make up for my original points, put at least there is a change that I am pleased with seeing.

guyver78

Juniors
ANZ will be nuts that weekend. Good Friday Dogs/Souths 40-50k....

If the weather is good they might get 50K but if it's raining or cold forget it, they wont come close.

There was a looooot of walk-ups last year. I remember I was slightly late to the game myself, they had already kicked off and the line to buy tickets was still 100 meters long.

The prices of tickets this year for walk-ups has gone up by at least 20% so that will definitely keep a few thousand people out.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The prices of tickets this year for walk-ups has gone up by at least 20% so that will definitely keep a few thousand people out.

Price went up that much because it's Souths home game this year (Bulldogs tickets are cheaper), and they don't understand that that there is an awesome market on the day to get heaps of people to go to the footy on the cheap. Silly buggers.

guyver78

Juniors
Price went up that much because it's Souths home game this year (Bulldogs tickets are cheaper), and they don't understand that that there is an awesome market on the day to get heaps of people to go to the footy on the cheap. Silly buggers.

Prices went up this year because the stadium trust set those prices. The Bulldogs and Rabbitohs DON'T set ticket prices at ANZ stadium so whether it was a Bulldogs or Souths home game prices would have been the same.

insert.pause

First Grade
All titans games this year allow kids in free, its not an indication of how Friday's game is travelling.

ANZAC test is the only international in Sydney this year, they have been snubbed for the four nations, the NRL clearly have little faith in the appetite of sydneysiders for international rugby league.

Status
Not open for further replies.