What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I've talked to a number of people lately on why their interest in league has dropped. They all say the same thing.. Getting rid of the shoulder charge was a big one. The other biggest one is players laying down after getting the slightest love tap in order to get a penalty. The phrase often gets used 'if I wanted to watch soccer, I'd watch soccer'.

The people you talked to are idiots,the shoulder charge is something that very rarely happened in games,every now and than you would see one,its not like it was something players attempted every single tackle.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The people you talked to are idiots,the shoulder charge is something that very rarely happened in games,every now and than you would see one,its not like it was something players attempted every single tackle.

I would suggest it is more likely some people are just turned off by the constant tinkering and sanitisation of the game by the NRL, the shoulder charge just being the latest thing to be annoyed by. Probably same people who won't ride a bike anymore becasue you have to wear a helmet.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Prices went up this year because the stadium trust set those prices. The Bulldogs and Rabbitohs DON'T set ticket prices at ANZ stadium so whether it was a Bulldogs or Souths home game prices would have been the same.

Then why are souths tickets $10 more expensive for each ticket compared to bulldogs games?

georgesnmith

Juniors
lol at anyone who really stopped watching league because of the ban on the shoulder charge and players lying down in the tackle

i was bored most of last year. didnt realize how much the wrestle was killing the spectacle, and so many crap sides

this year ive only been bored watching one game and have been ticked off to miss quite a few blockbuster games

all the game needs is a couple of massive crowds and the media will jump on the bandwagon

easter should do it, plus anzac day at the sfs

steeden.

Juniors
Channel 9 Brisbane has been running a lot of ads for the Titans vs. Broncos game, hopefully it gets a good crowd.

oikee

Juniors
There is no alternative, they just watch the game a lot less than they did.

The game to me looks like there is less wrestling this year. That's been the number one improvement in my eyes. It doesn't make up for my original points, put at least there is a change that I am pleased with seeing.

The last three years turned many off the game. The wrestling, the fighting the reffing and poor player behaviour.

This year the game has totally changed, for the better i think.
All we need now is the captains challenge so the calls go back onto the players, and the game would be near perfect.
I walked away last year as well, i am back now.

thorson1987

Coach
Looked at getting tickets for the Sharks/Manly game.. Brookvale.. What a rip off.

Got tickets for me and my boy for next Saturday Sharks v Roosters.

Monty Porter Stand

$35 adult
$25 Junior (my boy turns 5 this year)

Wasn't going to get GA as I'm not going to make him stand the whole time.

ag6858

Juniors
What's the view like behind the posts at Parramatta. Is it a decent view, or would it be better to buy the sideline seats instead?

guyver78

Juniors
Then why are souths tickets $10 more expensive for each ticket compared to bulldogs games?

Dogs Of War that's only 1 game, the Easter good Friday game. The rest of the games that Souths have hosted so far this year have both been Roosters ($45 for Cat 1 reserved if pre purchased) and Raiders ($40 for Cat 1 reserved if pre purchased) exactly the same prices as what the Dogs/Eels/Tigers games sell for.

I have personally called Souths to have this confirmed after somebody else told me that on this forum and they did in fact confirm that the stadium sets ticket prices not clubs at ANZ stadium. I would assume the same thing goes for the SFS/SCG.

If the stadium trust thinks a game will attract a fair few more spectators they will raise the ticket prices for that game.

In the first part of the season in 2012 when Souths still weren't seen as a good team ticket prices were discounted at 50% every week without fail.

Springs

First Grade

Ah so that's why there seems to be several penalties for them every week..

georgesnmith

Juniors
Dogs Of War that's only 1 game, the Easter good Friday game. The rest of the games that Souths have hosted so far this year have both been Roosters ($45 for Cat 1 reserved if pre purchased) and Raiders ($40 for Cat 1 reserved if pre purchased) exactly the same prices as what the Dogs/Eels/Tigers games sell for.

I have personally called Souths to have this confirmed after somebody else told me that on this forum and they did in fact confirm that the stadium sets ticket prices not clubs at ANZ stadium. I would assume the same thing goes for the SFS/SCG.

If the stadium trust thinks a game will attract a fair few more spectators they will raise the ticket prices for that game.

In the first part of the season in 2012 when Souths still weren't seen as a good team ticket prices were discounted at 50% every week without fail.

i was at souths / canberra and they had cat 1 tix on sale on the day from $70

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Absolute garbage that the stadium sets the prices. If that's the case the Dogs and Rabbitohs would have the same prices for GA memberships - they most certainly DON'T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts