What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Call your club and find out then. I never said anything about memberships, memberships are a DIFFERENT STORY altogether.

Membership prices are solely set by the club depending on a number of factors such as demographics, how popular a club is, how they're performing on the footy field, the stadium they play in just to name a few.

As for non members buying tickets on the day either via Ticketek or at the stadium on the day/night those ticket prices are set by the stadium trust/NRL.

This is why there is such a huge push right now from clubs for club memberships because when you buy your season ticket 100% of that money goes to your club. When you buy via Ticketek or on the day for any particular game your club only collects a very small percentage.

Surely that depends on your stadium deal? Sharks would keep all their pay at the gate, as would clubs that hire grounds such as GC,NQ, Tigers at their suburban grounds etc.

Only clubs playing in stadiums that are paying them ie ANZ and Allianz wouldn't and they get it back through the paymenty agreement. If no one was paying at the gate I doubt ANZ would be paying $100k a game for clubs to play there.

guyver78

Juniors
Surely that depends on your stadium deal? Sharks would keep all their pay at the gate, as would clubs that hire grounds such as GC,NQ, Tigers at their suburban grounds etc.

Mate that I wouldn't really know but you would assume so, maybe someone else can shed some light into how this works at the suburban grounds??

I guess perhaps that's why so many teams take 1 of their home games away to Gosford each year. You would have to think there would have to be a major financial benefit and they wouldn't just be doing it for the love of the game or for the people of Gosford.

Only clubs playing in stadiums that are paying them ie ANZ and Allianz wouldn't and they get it back through the paymenty agreement. If no one was paying at the gate I doubt ANZ would be paying $100k a game for clubs to play there.

I'm also not entirely sure what sort of deal the Roosters have with Allianz stadium but I would assume it would be something similar to what the Rabbitohs/Bulldogs have with ANZ. Both teams are paid to play at ANZ in return for the majority of the money from gate receipts.(Amongst other things offcourse).

papabear

Juniors
I don't give a shit if it's the only one. I don't want more teams in Brisbane. I'm saying it's laughable if the only derby in SE QLD and the only derby the Titans have doesn't sell out.
That 16,000 crowd was at Leichhardt in driving rain you dope. Have Gold Coast got a crowd like that even in good weather this year?

Please just go back to The Roar.

when was the last time two surburban teams in the brl/qcup got 16k in the driving rain at a suburban swamp???

like ever???

RWB

Bench
They said they're expecting a crowd of around 23k, not that 23k tickets had been sold.

oikee

Juniors
So the Tigers had 16 thousand, the Panthers, 7 thousand.
Both teams together against 2 local teams could only crack just over 23 thousand.
Yet the Titans/Broncos on the coast will probably beat those two games crowds.
Springs you go back to the Roar.
You hardly contribute on here except whinge.
Give me time to gel. I am new here ya muppet.
Hey Raiderdave, when Sydney teams start averaging 50 thousand, then you can call sydney the heartland. In the meantime 7,,,12 and 16 thousand crowds are what they are, a embarressment to our code.
You can sugar coat it all you like, but facts dont lie buddy.
If Sydney was the heartland, the international game would be confident of holding a double header at ANZ.

Instead they took the opener to Suncorp, fans turn up to games.

Last edited:

newman

First Grade
Both teams together against 2 local teams could only crack just over 23 thousand.
Springs you go back to the Roar.
You hardly contribute on here except whinge.
Give me time to gel. I am new here ya muppet.
Hey Raiderdave, when Sydney teams start averaging 50 thousand, then you can call sydney the heartland. In the meantime 7,,,12 and 16 thousand crowds are what they are, a embarressment to our code.
You can sugar coat it all you like, but facts dont lie buddy.
If Sydney was the heartland, the international game would be confident of holding a double header at ANZ.

Instead they took the opener to Suncorp, fans turn up to games.

You really drink XXXX? Eeeeeeeeeeewwwww.

H.H

Juniors
Mate that I wouldn't really know but you would assume so, maybe someone else can shed some light into how this works at the suburban grounds??

I guess perhaps that's why so many teams take 1 of their home games away to Gosford each year. You would have to think there would have to be a major financial benefit and they wouldn't just be doing it for the love of the game or for the people of Gosford.

I'm also not entirely sure what sort of deal the Roosters have with Allianz stadium but I would assume it would be something similar to what the Rabbitohs/Bulldogs have with ANZ. Both teams are paid to play at ANZ in return for the majority of the money from gate receipts.(Amongst other things offcourse).
Roosters deal with the SFS is no where near what Souffs get at ANZ.

Billythekid

First Grade

The panthers were facing the raiders, that's not a local team. Both matches were also played in pretty terrible weather (LO in particular is poorly suited to handle it as well). You're also assuming that the titans will draw more than 23K which isn't guaranteed. That plus i hardly think it's fair to hold up the titans as an example of someone doing well crowd wise.

oikee

Juniors
Make a good tital for a movie, "Silence of the Truth". Forget the Lambs.

It's like kindergarden classes coming to this site everyday.

Look, lets settle this once and for all, and we can do it with-in two weeks.

Whoever loses this battle has to concede, has to back-off and stop talking crap.
Which is most of you muppets.

Ok, Anzac day clashes.
We have one in Melbourne, one in our so-called heartland Syndey, and a new one in Brisvegas.

Whoever pulls the biggest crowd to a heartland Anzac day clash, no further questions asked, this city is the heartland, because no day comes bigger than Anzac day and our game.

Now your either in, or your just making noises out your mouth's.
Put your money where your mouth is, i will go back to the Roar if i lose this bet.
Any takers, or you all whimpy burgers.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Make a good tital for a movie, "Silence of the Truth". Forget the Lambs.

It's like kindergarden classes coming to this site everyday.

Look, lets settle this once and for all, and we can do it with-in two weeks.

Whoever loses this battle has to concede, has to back-off and stop talking crap.
Which is most of you muppets.

Ok, Anzac day clashes.
We have one in Melbourne, one in our so-called heartland Syndey, and a new one in Brisvegas.

Whoever pulls the biggest crowd to a heartland Anzac day clash, no further questions asked, this city is the heartland, because no day comes bigger than Anzac day and our game.

Now your either in, or your just making noises out your mouth's.
Put your money where your mouth is, i will go back to the Roar if i lose this bet.
Any takers, or you all whimpy burgers.

hmmmmm
a 52.5K seat stadium up against a 45K one

how bout the highest % of capacity filled at both stadiums
that's fairer Tourette boy ??

papabear

Juniors
no dragons v easts could be at anz if the demand was there.

stadium size is fine.

But I think a better comparison would be who gets the better origin crowd. I imagine NSW will as usual despite being on an 8 year losing streak.

Craigshark

First Grade
Got tickets for me and my boy for next Saturday Sharks v Roosters.

Monty Porter Stand

$35 adult
$25 Junior (my boy turns 5 this year)

Wasn't going to get GA as I'm not going to make him stand the whole time.

Never said Cronulla wasn't expensive.. Compare the prices to Manly though, and you'll see what I mean.

oikee

Juniors
hmmmmm
a 52.5K seat stadium up against a 45K one

how bout the highest % of capacity filled at both stadiums
that's fairer Tourette boy ??

Dont forget Melbourne, they are in this as well or dont they count in the Syndey NRL.

Yes ok, percentage per stadium will be accepted.
What happened to the other muppets, they all run away scared.
Sometimes you just have to stand up and be counted, put ya money where ya mouth is, well i am doing that because we get the same BS week after week.
Instead of trying to improve things.
I see they now want a Qup for the Best Queensland nrl team.
Along with the Qld Verse NSW cups grand final, things are finally happening under Davy (queensland is out heartland ) Smith.
You want to grow the game, then grow your heartland where massive crowds at Suncorp await the code every week.
To think that Suncorp went without a game last year for close to a month after Origin, was shameful. No wonder fans are walking.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If you had 8 teams in Brisbane, you wouldn't be getting more than 15k for any Broncos game #fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts