What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
hmmmmm
a 52.5K seat stadium up against a 45K one

how bout the highest % of capacity filled at both stadiums
that's fairer Tourette boy ??

Raiderdave - I will make this easy for you.

Sydney is the Club heartland for the NRL. We all know this, the rivalry between the old clubs. Brisbane once had similar, the Broncos exterminated that.

Brisbane is the heartland for representative football.

Why not be happy when both games get 40k?

Canard

Immortal
I challenge the assertion, by a certain poster above, that ANZAC day is the "biggest" day on our club calendar??

Its not even that recent a tradition.

That's clear indication that someone is a AFL fan with that thinking.

Last edited:

ucantseeme

Juniors
Personally, I think if the Dragons + Tigers joined the Roosters as all full time tenants at Allianz Stadium it would go a long way towards achieving the NRL goal of crowd averages of 20k by 2017. I know it won't happen this way as the Tigers have signed a 5 year deal with ANZ and the Dragons won't leave their suburban grounds but it would be the smart option. The AFL pushed their teams into 2 big stadiums so the NRL should look at the same. Tigers at Allianz is better than Tigers at ANZ but the clubs needs to $$ badly so what can you do.

oikee

Juniors
That a poultry 12,854 turned up for the Roosters-Bulldogs clash at Allianz Stadium last Friday night raised more eyebrows. The fallout continues, today with Hinds piece in todays paper about crowds in Sydney.

Lets have a quick look at the Syndey madness.
Wasted 150 million on Royal Randwick trying to get punters through the door to watch horses run around a track.
Only 20 thousand bothered to turn up to "The Golden Slipper". She ain't no Cinderella that one.
Now they are proceeding blindingly towards fixing up the ANZ great white, (elephant, not shark) and also heard they are going to refurb Allianz. ??? What for, for another 12 thousand Rooster fans or 15 thousand NSW waratahs.

Instead of fishing where the fish are, out west and build 5 teams a brand new 55 thousand Suncorp style mega stadium, NO, Sydney is going to get a new coma induced refurb of the round whitey.
And the Roosters are being looked after, ?? Go figure.
You Syndey folks need a 100 thousand march to protest this madness, before Syndey goes further into the Abyss.

Last edited:

oikee

Juniors
I challenge the assertion, by a certain poster above, that ANZAC day been the "biggest" day on our club calendar??

Its not even that recent a tradition.

That's clear indication that someone is a AFL fan with that thinking.

Ok, quickly, lets look at this, i dont want to spend too much time .

3 games in three states on a holiday free Friday in prime-time along with our Anzacs being supported and honoured.
We have a NZ team in Melbourne, so Anzac's tradition represented there,,,,, the traditional clash in Sydney, so no worries there, it is getting bigger each year,,,,, and finally Brisbane has a chance to attend a Anzac day game, so that should be a huge success with the two biggest supported clubs in the game going head to head on Anzac day.

Show me a bigger one, a bigger day outside the Grand Final. ?

oikee

Juniors
You see the difference between you and me Canard, i am a league fan, and i was screaming for our code to introduce a Brisbane Suncorp Anzac day clash for 10 years, without glory.
Now we can shine, and shine we will.
I see Shine is now supporting the Eels, well done Eels. Love the shiners.

Springs

First Grade
Was that screaming outside on a megaphone at the seagulls or screaming internally during one of your anxiety-induced trips to the mental hospital?

oikee

Juniors
Was that screaming outside on a megaphone at the seagulls or screaming internally during one of your anxiety-induced trips to the mental hospital?

Silent screams until Dave Smith came along and heard those screams.
Alot of my screams are being answered.
If i am mental then i blame rugby league, not the government.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Raiderdave - I will make this easy for you.

Sydney is the Club heartland for the NRL. We all know this, the rivalry between the old clubs. Brisbane once had similar, the Broncos exterminated that.

Brisbane is the heartland for representative football.

Why not be happy when both games get 40k?

Ill make this easy for you
your Tourette suffering Qld mate challenged us to a bet
the bigger crowd will be where on ANZAC day .... AT CLUB LEVEL :sarcasm:

K?;-)

Springs

First Grade
Personally, I think if the Dragons + Tigers joined the Roosters as all full time tenants at Allianz Stadium it would go a long way towards achieving the NRL goal of crowd averages of 20k by 2017. I know it won't happen this way as the Tigers have signed a 5 year deal with ANZ and the Dragons won't leave their suburban grounds but it would be the smart option. The AFL pushed their teams into 2 big stadiums so the NRL should look at the same. Tigers at Allianz is better than Tigers at ANZ but the clubs needs to $$ badly so what can you do.

Honestly the Tigers can't be called 'Wests' yet play at Allianz. It's sillier than Souths playing at ANZ.

Once again, who gives a shit what the AFL do. The furthest Melbourne clubs away from each other are Essendon and St Kilda and that's only 15km. Footscray and Hawthorn are the furthest East to West and that's 13km.
In comparison from the Eastern Suburbs to Penrith it's 63km and from Cronulla to Manly it's 43km. It's a completely different scenario.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Ill make this easy for you
your Tourette suffering Qld mate challenged us to a bet
the bigger crowd will be where on ANZAC day .... AT CLUB LEVEL :sarcasm:

K?;-)

I just said that Sydney is the obvious heartland AT CLUB LEVEL.

However, I am very excited for all three anzac day crowds, maybe stop trying to get all competitive about a crowd and enjoy it.

Both crowds are shaping for 40k plus, but they need to be backed up with good, large crowds.

Stop saying "us" I don't think anyone would like to be of association with you.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You see the difference between you and me Canard, i am a league fan, and i was screaming for our code to introduce a Brisbane Suncorp Anzac day clash for 10 years, without glory.
Now we can shine, and shine we will.
I see Shine is now supporting the Eels, well done Eels. Love the shiners.

We had an anzac day game v the bunnies in 2008...... 34,100. We had a much larger crowd than the Roosters v Dragons clash that year 21.5k.

Saint Doc

Coach
Dear Mods,

Is someone able to clarify if this thread is still considered a troll free thread?

Timmah I know this isn't your forum but do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.