What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BranVan3000

Coach
What a crock of shit.

World Cup was played in England. If no World Cup, would have been 4 nations, which last nearly as long anyway.

9's was on instead of the All Stars (which got decent crowds by itself) and why would the WCC bother souths fans.

Seriously, out of all of the excuses, these are the worst.

Nothing to do with Souths, I am talking in general. There hasn't been a real build up to this season, I'd be very surprised if any team pulls off impressive numbers this weekend. Just seems to be a bit of lethargy

Souths numbers is just a result of pure hangover, no excuses. We ended last season poorly, only thing you can do is get winning form to bring in those extra seats who arent members. Last year our home average was 26.7k so I'd say that 27k represents our baseline for attendance, the hardcore and members who show up no matter what. Also very close with our membership numbers. After that you are looking at fans who show up for the big games. A big game like last night obviously deserves more, so it's a shame it didn't get it and the lack of Roosters didn't help

Saint Doc

Coach
Last year our home average was 26.7k so I'd say that 27k represents our baseline for attendance, the hardcore and members who show up no matter what. Also very close with our membership numbers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How come when you take the final round 60k crowd, the most hyped club game of all time, your home average drops to 18k?

You guys are having success for the first time in 20 years and get a solid 18k who turn up regardless, on par with Dogs, Parra and Saints when they are consistently at the top.

Don't kid yourself.

Danish

Referee
No for not showing up at all last night? Roosters had more last year thanks to - 50/50 showing from each teams supporters. Last night there would have been about 3k Roosters fans

I love the arrogance of Souths fans to just assume they make up 90% of the crowd at any game they play.

You couldn't even get 22000 to show up for a freaking home final after Souths best season in over 30 years (after claiming that 90% of the 60k there for rd 26 were souffs fans no less). What makes you think you could get 24k to a regular season game on a Thursday?

georgesnmith

Juniors

How come when you take the final round 60k crowd, the most hyped club game of all time, your home average drops to 18k?

You guys are having success for the first time in 20 years and get a solid 18k who turn up regardless, on par with Dogs, Parra and Saints when they are consistently at the top.

Don't kid yourself.

so given dogs and saints have won comps recently and souths havent it makes souths turnout pretty damn good (Same for eels as well)

for a team that hasnt won a title in 42 years their crowds are amazing

cant believe how jealous some people are its a good thing a club is growing crowds based on brand and loyalty rather than just winning a comp and then having them disappear when they miss the 8

if people want big crowds for league souths are one of the prime candidates who can do it

BranVan3000

Coach

Don't kid yourself.

Why would you take away our best attended game? Does that make any logical sense to you?

Do you take away Roosters round one attendance? Do you take away the Bulldogs Easter Friday crowd? Which also featured Souths, which also broke stadium attendance records in the regular season? But I guess that's just a coincidence :roll:

Danish

Referee
Why would you take away our best attended game? Does that make any logical sense to you?

Do you take away Roosters round one attendance? Do you take away the Bulldogs Easter Friday crowd? Which also featured Souths, which also broke stadium attendance records in the regular season? But I guess that's just a coincidence :roll:

Why would you take away our round 1 attendance? That wasn't even close to our most attended game last year

Saint Doc

Coach

Because you claimed you have 27k that turn up week in, week out.

You don't.

You have 18k that do. Which is great. But you don't have 27k turning up to every game. Not even close

BunniesMan

Immortal
Take anyones best crowd of the season and their average suffers. Stupid point.

Doggies look to have about 18k here.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Because you claimed you have 27k that turn up week in, week out.

You don't.

You have 18k that do. Which is great. But you don't have 27k turning up to every game. Not even close

Every Sydney club benefits from away fans ffs. The clubs that averaged 19k last year would have averaged 15k without them. The clubs that averaged 11k would have averaged 9-10k without them. We're not the only ones.

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
Every Sydney club benefits from away fans ffs. The clubs that averaged 19k last year would have averaged 15k without them. The clubs that averaged 11k would have averaged 9-10k without theam. We're not the only ones.

I didn't say that. Get MummiesMan to read you what I wrote and explain it to you

tumbidragon

First Grade
Don't know who's genius idea it was to not have the Broncs V Cows at Suncorp Rnd1... Really dropped the ball there.

Status
Not open for further replies.