What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
How's this for a left field idea? the Broncos as the stadiums main tenants, arrange to have it as available?

As far as I know there wasn't anything on there last night anyway?

Yeah surely all the NRL and Broncos have to do is say to the stadium we want the broncos to open the season on a friday night every year for the next 5 years. Look up the calender and lock in the date of the first round for those years. Then guarantee a team that traditionally draws well and deal done

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How's this for a left field idea? the Broncos as the stadiums main tenants, arrange to have it as available?

As far as I know there wasn't anything on there last night anyway?

Except, you know, a Super Rugby game...

Usain Bolt

Bench
Viewership was down 60,000 in Sydney for the Souths/Roosters game from last year. Probably the casual fans who tuned in last year to see SBW return

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Can someone at the NRL please get Buzz into a meeting and say to him Shut the f**k up

Comparing 1 game out of a 200 game season is crazy

BunniesMan

Immortal
Can someone at the NRL please get Buzz into a meeting and say to him Shut the f**k up

Comparing 1 game out of a 200 game season is crazy

Do you think he cares what the NRL have to say? If he knew something he was saying was bothering them that much he'd do it even more.

DC_fan

Coach
Mistake #1- too many game in sydney on one weekend. seriously what were they thinking! for neutrals interested in going to a game, the pool has been divided in 7 were 4 games would have been more appropriate.

Is there such a thing as a neutral fan who attends games? I know a couple of people who have no allegiance to one team or another. They may watch the occasional game on TV, but they never go to games.

I also know people who call themselves league fans and support a particular team. They talk a lot about their team, watch them occasionally on TV, but never attend a game.

There are a lot of league fans in Sydney but many of them never go to a game.

BranVan3000

Coach
They just need to lower prices

It was 70 something for cat 1 seats on a Thursday night. I mean its getting ridiculous. Generally you are looking at around 40 bucks at least to get a seat at ANZ

Surely it would be better to get more seats in at a lower price and make money back in drinks and food? Surely 50,000 in the stadium at 15-20 a pop plus food and beverages is earning more revenue than 30,000 at 40 a pop.

BranVan3000

Coach
Is there such a thing as a neutral fan who attends games? I know a couple of people who have no allegiance to one team or another. They may watch the occasional game on TV, but they never go to games.

I also know people who call themselves league fans and support a particular team. They talk a lot about their team, watch them occasionally on TV, but never attend a game.

There are a lot of league fans in Sydney but many of them never go to a game.
Yup. Most league fans will get out to one or two games a season

Saturated market for entertainment. It'd be so much better if we had a inner city stadium like Melbourne where a night at the footy is accompanied with a night out in the city. Unfortunately SFS is just a little bit too far from the CBD to make that logistical and going to Homebush? Talk about out of the way

Canard

Immortal
Except, you know, a Super Rugby game...

So my point exactly, nothing. :)

No my bad, but honestly to a casual sports fan you would have no idea that Union fixture was on, it has zero presence in the mainstream media.

The fact that they can book the home of Rugby League in QLD over the Broncos, shows the ineptitude of the NRL and the Broncos.

No doubt being a Saffa team the crowd for this fixture would have been significantly down on the 45K+ the Bronx v Cowboys game would draw.

Feej

First Grade
Screw this Thursday - Friday night crap. Would have filled ANZ with a double header tonight. Let's say Roosters vs. Rabbits and Dog's vs. Dragons. Could have played Broncos vs. Cowboys on Friday night in Brisbane.

insert.pause

First Grade
So my point exactly, nothing. :)

No my bad, but honestly to a casual sports fan you would have no idea that Union fixture was on, it has zero presence in the mainstream media.

The fact that they can book the home of Rugby League in QLD over the Broncos, shows the ineptitude of the NRL and the Broncos.

No doubt being a Saffa team the crowd for this fixture would have been significantly down on the 45K+ the Bronx v Cowboys game would draw.

The NRL make the draw not the Broncos, to blame the Broncos is moronic.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
They just need to lower prices

It was 70 something for cat 1 seats on a Thursday night. I mean its getting ridiculous. Generally you are looking at around 40 bucks at least to get a seat at ANZ

Surely it would be better to get more seats in at a lower price and make money back in drinks and food? Surely 50,000 in the stadium at 15-20 a pop plus food and beverages is earning more revenue than 30,000 at 40 a pop.

70! Is that an exaggeration? I didn't check the prices put but if so they are kdding themselves. They are pricing the core support demographic out of the ground. Everything at the moment points to continued stagnation as nothig major is really changing, sure they are pushing anz for more sydney derby games with membership entry etc... But at the end of the day loads think the stadium is crap, pricing is a joke at most grounds and timeslots are not fan friendly for the most part. Its a nice goal to get 20k average within whatever years they came up with but barring sudden drastic changes I cannot see it happening. With the current membership growth rate I also can't see them hitting the target, some clubs don't seem capable of even getting 10k despite 4 years now of the big push.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Screw this Thursday - Friday night crap. Would have filled ANZ with a double header tonight. Let's say Roosters vs. Rabbits and Dog's vs. Dragons. Could have played Broncos vs. Cowboys on Friday night in Brisbane.

No no no. Double headers should only combine weaker fixtures or at worst a weak and a strong fixture crowd wise.

Big Sam

First Grade
The NRL make the draw not the Broncos, to blame the Broncos is moronic.

Exactly. This is what happens when you release the draw a fortnight before Christmas.

And for the people who say Souths/Easts should've been at Allianz, we have been alternating home grounds for the opener since 2005.

BranVan3000

Coach
70! Is that an exaggeration? I didn't check the prices put but if so they are kdding themselves. They are pricing the core support demographic out of the ground. Everything at the moment points to continued stagnation as nothig major is really changing, sure they are pushing anz for more sydney derby games with membership entry etc... But at the end of the day loads think the stadium is crap, pricing is a joke at most grounds and timeslots are not fan friendly for the most part. Its a nice goal to get 20k average within whatever years they came up with but barring sudden drastic changes I cannot see it happening. With the current membership growth rate I also can't see them hitting the target, some clubs don't seem capable of even getting 10k despite 4 years now of the big push.

Well those were the price people were complaining about on Souths forums. I didn't go to the game so I can't give you first hand information

But the prices have been inflated for awhile. That's about what it costed rd 26 last year so it wouldn't surprise me

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Well those were the price people were complaining about on Souths forums. I didn't go to the game so I can't give you first hand information

But the prices have been inflated for awhile. That's about what it costed rd 26 last year so it wouldn't surprise me

Is this that flexible pricing thing in action? But surely if that were the case the sales compared to rd26 would have indicated a crowd half the size and therefore an adjustment in prices I.e downward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts