What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
a stadium at parra wont help rugby league that much only a few clubs can use

a new 70k seat stadium in sydney is kinda a pipedream.

sure if the ARLC tried to get one developed and promised to move a lot of club games there it might work one day but that would take 20 years

if we want big crowds before then its homebush and Allianz for big games.y

Anz will not draw regular big crowds. Sure the very rare big game may draw 40k plus but people don't sit at home watching a normal game with 20k rattling around in it going jeez I really wish I was there at that game tonight.

30k parra stadium would suit most games and a suncorp 50k would do for the bigger clubs and the hyped up Sydney Friday night game of the week.

Perth Red

Post Whore
f**ks sake panthers fans, get out and support your team.

They did, again accept that some suburban teams are representing small populations or populations that are diluted in terms of supporting a range of teams and you won't be so disappointed.

Some Sydney teams are moving to be more cross city appealing clubs, others will always be seen as representing a small area and therefore struggle to get over 15k. How that will play out in years to come will be interesting to see.

Ps nice cheerleader outfits Penrith!

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
FFS. Penrith gets a million valuable day slots and gets such a poor crowd. All because Gus has mates at 9.

Some clubs would be getting 25-30k regular crowds in arvo slots but they're stuck at night in family unfriendly hours.

BranVan3000

Coach
Like I said earlier in the thread, fans are feeling apathetic after a long summer without a real break from rugby league, was no real time to actually miss the sport before it was back

Perth Red

Post Whore
Like I said earlier in the thread, fans are feeling apathetic after a long summer without a real break from rugby league, was no real time to actually miss the sport before it was back

Really? How many Panthers fans do you think went to the World Cup, the nines or the club challenge?

Chook Norris

First Grade

To me, it seems to reflect the consistent negative sentiment of NRL Fans on social media regarding referees and the game going 'soft' (re:shoulder charges). Although, I also do think the Auckland 9's tournament has also somehow adversely affected the hype of round 1 matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts