What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
In brighter news, I think it's close to a sellout at Brookvale. I don't see an empty seat. So...16k?

Swarzey

Bench
Am I the only one who looks at membership numbers and crowd numbers to judge the turnout? Using BM's brilliant logic, there were about 9k Penrith fans, 2369 Knights fans.

I just don't see why home crowds should be judged so harshly if the numbers are greater than that of the club's members. More members=bigger crowds. You can't honestly expect thousands of visiting supporters to flock to stadiums given how much it can cost at times and tbh, Sydney's transport is pretty shit, especially coming from Newcastle.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Penrith crowd is terrible considering how much Gould was bragging about their game day improvements. Turns out the only thing that matters is what's on the field

Perth Red

Post Whore
For some not even that, manly have had a great team for few years, panthers have built a decent team this year.

Dutchy

Immortal
For the caliber of teams playing, that Brookvale crowd is very poor.

Shall we compare?

2 Sydney teams vs 1 Syd 1 out of state
40k members? V 20k
First match of the Season V Sat night with big ass storms rolling in.

Brookvale crowd > ANZ Crowd.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
f**ks sake panthers fans, get out and support your team.

Agreed.....Phil Gould can spruik abt the future all he wants......in the present this team couldn't draw a prisoner to a brothel, very fickle fans, judge Parra all u want but with almost 3 wooden spoons. (2012) they still have over 14,000 members this year, imagine if they win a couple games let alone a comp....

Swarzey

Bench
Crowd looked fine at Brooky. Hill looked packed before the rain and if all we care about is what the product looks on TV, then it's a tick in my books as a solid outcome.

t-ba

Post Whore
Nah man, the crowd at Brookie is as grave a concern as China invading Siberia and Phil Hughes non-selection in the test side.

Don't question the authority of a grown man who sleeps in a race car bed.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Watching the game my wife asked me if the storm were playing in a regional town with no stadium. I had to explain to her it was an actual NRL ground in Sydney.
How quaint was her reply.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Shall we compare?

2 Sydney teams vs 1 Syd 1 out of state
40k members? V 20k
First match of the Season V Sat night with big ass storms rolling in.

Brookvale crowd > ANZ Crowd.

I don't think you know how numbers work. 27k > 14k

Status
Not open for further replies.