What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Craven park had hills, 10 years ago. Now it's got a shiny new stand. Even my broke arse club can afford a ground upgrade!

Cravan park has what 5000 seats?

how do you justify your club playing in a poor ground like that when they could be playing at a 25k all seater?

especially given your comments about sydney fans have to travel further distances than you want your home fans to do?

:lol:

Caravan Park is a dump. Brookvale oval kills it.

do they still have the used portable grand stand from the golf?

:lol:

ceagle

Bench
Felt way more then 14k at Brookie, there was no space on the hill at all and the stands looked fairly full. If the crowd was only 14k I reckon the capacity would only be 16k.

Danish

Referee
Sat arvo crowds will be a terrible... Too much stuff on wait until jnr sport starts there's a reason it vanished

Penrith's best timeslot is Sat night yet we rarely get it. Gould loves day footy so asks for that.

Members will go as proven today about 8k ticketed. 11,300 crowd through in Knights fans bugger all casuals came.

Today was hot & humid very similar to Round 1 last year which drew 10,300 so we have improved ever slightly.

The best thing for any teams crowds is regular success. Gould probably believes penrith are more suited to day time footy and wants them to play when they will win.

If/when Penrith start winning games regularly the fans will return in their droves. Only then can they start figuring out how to hold onto them

beave

Coach
We play canberra in rd11 down there so flipping the hosting of these games should have been considered before the draw was released. Canberra fans want home games before the bitter cold and we want home games later when the rain pisses off.

The wet season up there goes til about ANZAC day-ish so around round 8-9. For NQ the best sequence of games would be

A
A
H
A
A
H
A
A
H

So in the first 9 rds only 3 home games. At the moment we got 5 home games in the first 9 weeks which is f**king stupid. We will never average 20k again but a little bit of help and i can see 16-17k for most games if we are trucking along alright.

The main problem for the out of towners during wet season is the roads can get cut at the drop of a hat, the Bruce highway is only single lane north and south so the chances of getting stuck in Tvl if it buckets down is high. Try explaining to your boss 'hey i went to the footy last night, and Im stuck here for a few days, you can cover me hey????'

Last edited:

beave

Coach
And just looking at our draw again,we dont play at home for Over a month in the middle of the season, its mind boggling how this shit is allowed by the NRL.

Phil Blake 6

Juniors
Easily. Easily more Easts fans there last. You weren't even there lol so shut the f**k up. Even Ray Warren said on fine broadcast there were more Easts fans.

Souffs fans have never outnumbered us at our home ground.

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I never wanted to register because I wanted to keep my sanity, but the above post made me cross the line, and im sure there is no turning back.

To suggest, and actually believe, that roosters fans have ever outnumbered Souths fans is absolutely laughable.

LU should undertake drug tests before approving registrations, because this terror bloke is on something funky.

:?

BunniesMan

Immortal
And just looking at our draw again,we dont play at home for Over a month in the middle of the season, its mind boggling how this shit is allowed by the NRL.

You're not the only team in the NRL. There are a lot of other people that need to be satisfied as well.

It would give you an unfair advantage.

I bet most teams (except Canberra perhaps) would prefer away games earlier in the season. Early in the year most players are fit and energetic and can handle travelling. Later in the year when most players are carrying niggles and origin is disrupting things and just the general wear and tear of an NRL season, everybody would like to stay at home more often at that time.

You shouldn't be given a competitive advantage when a team was put there with the full knowledge of what kind of weather you have to deal with.

BunniesMan

Immortal
On todays crowds I reckon Parra will get 17k and Sharks 15k.

The one I'm very curious about is Wests v Dragons. It could be anything in what in many ways is a historic day. Will both fanbases respond to ANZ.

To be honest I won't be surprised if it's 15k or 25k.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You should know how hard it is to do up a set of fixtures. There are so many interconnected variables. It's not just a matter of Dave Smith clicking his fingers and it magically happening.

How long have you actually followed or paid attention to the NRL?

These types of requests have been made in previous seasons AND honoured - generally they've been around ground availability. Dragons & Sea Eagles come to mind having to play early games away due to their home ground/s being renovated. Even the Knights recently too.

It's not actually that hard to accommodate.

Raiderdave

First Grade
marks out of ten for crowds at games to date , taking into account most things from hype , to teams involved & their history to their predicted prospects for this year etc etc

Thursday 3/10
Friday 3/10
Sat Penrith 5/10
Sat Brookvale 3/10
Sat Towns 5/10

games to come
anything less then 20K today at ANZ will be a fail ... so below 5/10
anything less then 13K at Pirtek the same

same 13K for Remondis

overall a simply astoundingly poor start to 2014

lets hope rnd 2 is a massive improvement .. off yr dates NRL fans
get to the game !!

Manly V Souths ... 20,000
Broncs V Cows .... 45,000
Warriors V Dragons .. 30,000
Storm V Panthers.. 15,000
Roosters V Parra .... 22,000
Titans V Tigers .... 15,000
Knights V Raiders ..... 15,000
Bulldogs V Sharks ..... 15,000

** all based on fine weather

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
marks out of ten for crowds at games to date , taking into account most things from hype , to teams involved & their history to their predicted prospects for this year etc etc

Thursday 3/10
Friday 3/10
Sat Penrith 5/10
Sat Brookvale 3/10
Sat Towns 5/10

games to come
anything less then 20K today at ANZ will be a fail ... so below 5/10
anything less then 13K at Pirtek the same

same 13K for Remondis

overall a simply astoundingly poor start to 2014

lets hope rnd 2 is a massive improvement .. off yr dates NRL fans
get to the game !!

Manly V Souths ... 20,000
Broncs V Cows .... 45,000
Warriors V Dragons .. 30,000
Storm V Panthers.. 15,000
Roosters V Parra .... 22,000
Titans V Tigers .... 15,000
Knights V Raiders ..... 15,000
Bulldogs V Sharks ..... 15,000

** all based on fine weather

Did you actually bother to look at the comparisons I provided yday?

Dogs/Broncos, Panthers/Knights, Cowboys/Raiders all on par with previous fixtures, if not better.

Manly Melbourne was a let down, and Souths/Roosters was ordinary.

Flapper

First Grade
This year I feel the crowds will improve as the rounds go on as opposed to go down, especially if teams with sceptical sets of fans get off to blinders like Penriff did yesterday, you'd have to think there'd at least be 14k to their next game.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Did you actually bother to look at the comparisons I provided yday?

Dogs/Broncos, Panthers/Knights, Cowboys/Raiders all on par with previous fixtures, if not better.

Manly Melbourne was a let down, and Souths/Roosters was ordinary.

Sigh. You so often miss the forest for the trees.

All of the fixture comparisons should make allowances for the fact that we're mostly comparing round 1 with random middle of the year rounds, including many affected by origin or teams being out of contention etc etc.

Your average round 1 game should get more than the same game in another part of the season (except for some rare exceptions).

If you get 15k the week after Origin 2. You should get 20k in round 1. If you get 15k when your team is out of the finals race. You should get more than 20k in round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts