What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
19860 proves ANZ is a winner. Wouldn't have got that much at Kogarah.

I have to agree with this...

Get this ANZ redevelopment done (roof and north/south stands), get a bit of culture into the precinct (restaurants and pubs/night spots) and then just commit to the area (make coming here the basic thing to do on the weekend).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah but supporters support one team, not multiple teams. Why would they be competing for attendance?

Opening round - you'd be surprised how many fans go to neutral games.

19860 proves ANZ is a winner. Wouldn't have got that much at Kogarah.

Actually have to agree here. That's greater than any crowd posted at Kogarah since 2009.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The more fans of these teams get used to ANZ the more they will come to accept it. 19k is a good starting place and handled the right way it'll grow to 25 or 30k in the future.

hutch

First Grade
I've got an idea, it may sound controversial and differ from the norm of rugby league bashing and forgetting every other sports poor crowds. How about we wait a few months before judging an entire years crowds? Just a thought!

georgesnmith

Juniors
pretty happy with the crowd today

75k people have turned up to watch league so far in sydney

and apparently crowd at parramatta looks good too

not a bad start to the season

Billythekid

First Grade
How many clubs could pull a crowd like this against an out of town team after almost having 3 spoons straight? Pretty much every other club should hang their heads in shame.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
f**king rubbish. The only poor crowd of the weekend by comparison is Souths. You could probably say Manly's was disappointing too.

Billythekid

First Grade
f**king rubbish. The only poor crowd of the weekend by comparison is Souths. You could probably say Manly's was disappointing too.

They were all disappointing compared to this game. The clubs an absolute basket case and the fans still show up. It's hard to even make comparisons because there have been so few teams who have had this bad of a 3 year period (none that i can remember since the NRL started).

You are a f**king wanker.

Biggest crowd of the weekend and you still bag.

Dogs got what? Grand finalists in 2012. And couldn't get 20k.

Saint Doc

Coach
Opening round - you'd be surprised how many fans go to neutral games.

Actually have to agree here. That's greater than any crowd posted at Kogarah since 2009.

Not quite, we did get a slightly bigger crowd in 2011, but I agree, we wouldn't have for that crowd at kogarah which so far makes the move correct

firechild

First Grade
marks out of ten for crowds at games to date , taking into account most things from hype , to teams involved & their history to their predicted prospects for this year etc etc

Thursday 3/10
Friday 3/10
Sat Penrith 5/10
Sat Brookvale 3/10
Sat Towns 5/10

3/10 at Brookie despite a torrential downpour?

I guess the only way to get a pass mark is to play in front of 6000+ people in Canberra?

When Timmah posts, I touch myself.

f**king bollocks Souths were disappointing. 9,000-10,000 more than dogs and still yapping.

Swarzey

Bench
Thursday night doesn't justify the 32k difference from Round 26. It wasn't a poor crowd, but for the NRL opener and a traditional rivalry, it's hard to excuse the difference.

But I suppose Souths had 25k like BM said eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts