What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday night doesn't justify the 32k difference from Round 26. It wasn't a poor crowd, but for the NRL opener and a traditional rivalry, it's hard to excuse the difference.

But I suppose Souths had 25k like BM said eh?

I've never bought in to anything BM has said.

And yep, big drop.

But still better than anyone else's crowd.

And yeah, Thursday was a shit of a night. Had SIX who couldn't attend. You can factor that in.

Still, really wonder how many posting here, griping actually went to a game this weekend. How many like to rubbish Souffs just because?

I'll end my rant now. Doesn't matter really. Back to my tea bagging.

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Lots of WT fans actually.

Level 4 Eastern side was where the STH's with assigned seating have our reciprocal away match tickets.

Nice day at the game

I didn't even know what the crowd was before i said that,just felt like spiting the Tigers

STORM.99/07

Bench
I've got an idea, it may sound controversial and differ from the norm of rugby league bashing and forgetting every other sports poor crowds. How about we wait a few months before judging an entire years crowds? Just a thought!
Good thinking

papabear

Juniors
The more fans of these teams get used to ANZ the more they will come to accept it. 19k is a good starting place and handled the right way it'll grow to 25 or 30k in the future.

With anz and ga, u sit high behind the sticks and u get a good view, and a bit of space for my kid to run around in.

It is a far far better view then the try line...

Also the free trains were great.

All in all a great day out. The biggest issue for crowds in sydney will be working them on the right night..

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Jeez. Even ch 9 news sport started with

" another disappointing crowd today in nrl "

I don't think they are bad crowds. Just look bad in a big stadium

Swarzey

Bench
I've never bought in to anything BM has said.

And yep, big drop.

But still better than anyone else's crowd.

And yeah, Thursday was a shit of a night. Had SIX who couldn't attend. You can factor that in.

Still, really wonder how many posting here, griping actually went to a game this weekend. How many like to rubbish Souffs just because?

I'll end my rant now. Doesn't matter really. Back to my tea bagging.

You're right, it was better than anyone else's crowd but the majority of fixtures this week are well known for poor crowds, it was always going to be. Brisbane and Newcastle hands down would have brought in big crowds. Obviously other circumstances prevented it which is disappointing.

But when you have a club that promotes itself on having the biggest membership base, when it views itself as the most popular in the league, yet only pulls 27k for a traditional rivalry and season opener, questions have to be asked especially after the turnout for the Minor Premiership. Knights vs Dragons in 2012 pulled almost 30k, no excuse for the "pride of the league" to have a lower crowd.

georgesnmith

Juniors
You're right, it was better than anyone else's crowd but the majority of fixtures this week are well known for poor crowds, it was always going to be. Brisbane and Newcastle hands down would have brought in big crowds. Obviously other circumstances prevented it which is disappointing.

But when you have a club that promotes itself on having the biggest membership base, when it views itself as the most popular in the league, yet only pulls 27k for a traditional rivalry and season opener, questions have to be asked especially after the turnout for the Minor Premiership. Knights vs Dragons in 2012 pulled almost 30k, no excuse for the "pride of the league" to have a lower crowd.

so basically your trolling a club which has a higher crowd average than your own and shares sydney with 8 other teams whilst newcastle has the whole city to itself?

seriously?

Swarzey

Bench
so basically your trolling a club which has a higher crowd average than your own and shares sydney with 8 other teams whilst newcastle has the whole city to itself?

seriously?

Is questioning the crowd difference trolling? I assume you're one of millions who has little idea what trolling is.

I don't expect 30k+ crowds week in and week out for Souths, but for a season opener between traditional rivals, I and most likely many expected a higher crowd. That's all. To sweep it under the rug because of other crowd figures for the round is just trying to shift the blame.

Only used the 2012 crowd as an example that there are little excuses to use given that it was the same timeslot.

franklin2323

Immortal
Gould probably believes penrith are more suited to day time footy and wants them to play when they will win.

I agree day footy is of a better standard back in the day but locally it doesn't work Sat night is the slot. Until 2005 I sat in the Eastern Stand now with kids simply can't as the direct sunlight for hours is insane

He lives not in the local area the traffic is worse then a weekday on Saturdays especially around the stadium. nor does he needs to put up with the blazing sun on the Eastern side anyone (ask anyone that's been to day games at Penrith)

Add to that. Kids sport, people still work, good luck getting in to Westfields around midday. I dare say most areas are the same hence Sat arvo's are really a poor time to have games on.

We will get a gauge over the season but I dare say won't be much higher then Monday night games.

unforgiven

Bench
I agree day footy is of a better standard back in the day but locally it doesn't work Sat night is the slot. Until 2005 I sat in the Eastern Stand now with kids simply can't as the direct sunlight for hours is insane

He lives not in the local area the traffic is worse then a weekday on Saturdays especially around the stadium. nor does he needs to put up with the blazing sun on the Eastern side anyone (ask anyone that's been to day games at Penrith)

Add to that. Kids sport, people still work, good luck getting in to Westfields around midday. I dare say most areas are the same hence Sat arvo's are really a poor time to have games on.

We will get a gauge over the season but I dare say won't be much higher then Monday night games.

Traffic is not that bad on a Saturday in Penrith. I can't imagine anyone staying away from the a game because of that, if they do, I don't think they really wanted to go in the 1st place.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Is questioning the crowd difference trolling? I assume you're one of millions who has little idea what trolling is.

I don't expect 30k+ crowds week in and week out for Souths, but for a season opener between traditional rivals, I and most likely many expected a higher crowd. That's all. To sweep it under the rug because of other crowd figures for the round is just trying to shift the blame.

Only used the 2012 crowd as an example that there are little excuses to use given that it was the same timeslot.

you get that they have non ticketed membership?

so do most other clubs.

you understand what that means?

beave

Coach
Reports that the turnstiles at 1300smiles weren't recognising some season tickets or iphone tickets again (this is the 3rd year in a row the first home game has had the same issues) I reckon there will be a revised total for last night, wont be a lot more but I'd say 13.5k-14k will be the revised figure.

That joint is f**king amateur hour I swear....... The stadium that is, well so is the club at times, but you get what I mean.

Swarzey

Bench
you get that they have non ticketed membership?

so do most other clubs.

you understand what that means?

Does it make you feel smart to talk to me like that?

Simple question: Was the timeslot enough to turn 32k away? Hence, why I said I don't expect 30k+. I know there are ticketed members, hell, I know plenty who aren't ticketed. They averaged something like 22k last year, that's brilliant but for the SEASON OPENER between TRADITIONAL RIVALS, it's a poor crowd when they pulled almost 60k.

Clearly, you're missing the entire point of my debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.