What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a box at ANZ. Couldn't give the tickets away with free piss!

Same merkins were clamouring for tix in Rd 26 last year. Anyway...

Look...I have a season ticket, and go to away games. If I had more money or cheaper options to go, I would have done all the Saints/Tigers, Eels/Warriors and Dogs/Broncos games.

So unless I get my Media Pass for blogging, there's f all chance of me doing that.

taipan

Referee
Hang on. Everyone is saying that the 27k on Thursday night at ANZ is a fail, yet you are throwing up a 27k crowd at Allianz as a reason why prior year round 1 crowds were better :crazy:

The reality is that if you don't have a Broncos home game in a particular round, then the average is likely to be pretty poor.

I'm not saying that at all.I am simply firing shots at journos ,who don't compare apples with apples or stadiums with stadiums.
The comparison from the previous years,which due to the stadiums mentioned ,suggest these so called experts ,are just looking for negatives without research.
They could argue rightly,if all games were at the same stadiums on the same timeslots year after year,which is impossible.
The SFS with 27,000 is a better look than ditto at the ANZ.Am I wrong?

If the Broncos ,Knights at home and Warriors at Eden played this weekend,the journos would have little to whine about.
The Telecrap we're for Sydney,we're for rugby league is looking rather hollow.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-and-sense-for-nrl-clubs-20140310-hvgtm.html

Brilliant article explaining why suburban archaic rustbuckets will increasingly just not belong in the 21st century. You can't acheive 20k a year crowd averages (and the extra money that comes with that) in the suburbs.

How many games have you watched at ANZ? It's the worse RL stadium. The game finishes the place is like a ghost town. Until that's fixed it will never get the huge crowds f**ktards with no idea dream of

How many games have you watched at ANZ? It's the worse RL stadium. The game finishes the place is like a ghost town. Until that's fixed it will never get the huge crowds f**ktards with no idea dream of

There's f all to do out there before and after footy.

Unless they turn it in to a footy precinct with proper match day before and after cafes / restaurants, people will turn away.

I know plenty of women of varying ages who would go to footy and not give a rats about the game, but if they could get a bit of a night out of it with drinks, food, etc then they'd be more inclined to go with partners/hubbies, friends.

There's that whole CBA building full of staff members and the ANZ Stadium give them discounts/freebies and still the uptake is rubbish.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Brilliant article explaining why suburban archaic rustbuckets will increasingly just not belong in the 21st century. You can't acheive 20k a year crowd averages (and the extra money that comes with that) in the suburbs.

Surburban rust bucket .... :lol: :lol:

More dribble from bunnyliar (BTW you posted recently that you were leaving the forum, what happened?)
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=9801719#post9801719

Kogarah is probably the newest ground in the NRL, with great public transport access as well, but seeing as you don't go to games maybe you would not know.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Look...I have a season ticket, and go to away games. If I had more money or cheaper options to go, I would have done all the Saints/Tigers, Eels/Warriors and Dogs/Broncos games.

You have knocked it on the head. 7/8 games in Sydney every team played. ATM there is simply no teams you can say wow they are playing awesome I will watch them. So would of had bugger all neutrals at all games give it a few weeks that changes

franklin2323

Immortal
There's f all to do out there before and after footy.

Unless they turn it in to a footy precinct with proper match day before and after cafes / restaurants, people will turn away.

I know plenty of women of varying ages who would go to footy and not give a rats about the game, but if they could get a bit of a night out of it with drinks, food, etc then they'd be more inclined to go with partners/hubbies, friends.

There's that whole CBA building full of staff members and the ANZ Stadium give them discounts/freebies and still the uptake is rubbish.

yep. Exactly. Sat was great went over to the club for a feed and a members do in the club watched a great Man v Mel game. It was too hot so the woman fed the kids and met me at the ground in time for kickoff

Same game at ANZ you go sit a mile away place echos and after you wait in P1 for 30mins or herd into a train. Open something you can hang around and do something (like watch the other games) then leave

georgesnmith

Juniors
just bought a gold membership for ANZ stadium fantastic value. and it includes all games played there including origin and GF.

Brad Walter (who is an excellent RL journo) makes some very good points in the above article.

Smith and the Commission need to work some magic on the ANZ Stadium operators & Government to ensure that the planned re-development goes ahead and RL gets the most favourable deal/benefits out of it to rectify this lingering problem.

We are the major tenants, we should be having the biggest say.

Brad Walter (who is an excellent RL journo) makes some very good points in the above article.

Smith and the Commission need to work some magic on the ANZ Stadium operators & Government to ensure that the planned re-development goes ahead and RL gets the most favourable deal/benefits out of it to rectify this lingering problem.

We are the major tenants, we should be having the biggest say.

I thought the AFL with their 3 games a year were the major tenants?

guyver78

Juniors
I don?t think they mean the wrong ground as in souths not hosting the game, it was obviously your turn to host. The point is that unless it is a finals game or some other extraordinary circumstance, chooks/souths at SFS will always outdraw ANZ and by some margin.

Thats because it's a lot easier for Souths/Opposition supporters to turn up to the SFS then the other way around. Out of the 36,000 supporters that turned up to last year's Rd 1 game a good 15,000 would have been souths supporters. If 15,000 Roosters supporters had turned up then we would have had almost 40,000 on Thursday night.

Diesel

Referee
7/8 games in were in Sydney, next weekend Auckland, Melbourne, Brisbane will show Sdyney how to attract crowds.

NQ was also on cyclone watch, why they play games up there in their wet season I dont know

The Thursday game should've been played at the SFS. The NRL only has themselves to blame because they allow 9 to pick the games and same teams every week and they broadcasted the season opener delayed into Qld

Last edited:

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I'm warming to the idea of several clubs using ANZ for big matches, providing both sets of members are given entry.

It's been brought to my attention though that the Dragons V Bulldogs game on mothers day is not included in the Dogs membership, making the whole thing pointless.

May as well play it at Kogarah, it aint getting near 30K if only 1 set of members are allowed in.

7/8 games in were in Sydney, next weekend Auckland, Melbourne, Brisbane will show Sdyney how to attract crowds.

NQ was also on cyclone watch, why they play games up there in their wet season I dont know

The Thursday game should've been played at the SFS. The NRL only has themselves to blame because they allow 9 to pick the games and same teams every week and they broadcasted the season opener delayed into Qld

I blame the "Thursday night" more than ANZ personally, and its South's home game so they can play it where ever they want.

I wonder if the League has ever considered a 2 week "opening round". Kick it off on a Saturday night out at ANZ with just the two teams (in this case the Roosters and Souths), and organise a massive festival around that out there with the other clubs, bands etc and promote the bejesus out it. Free entry to game for a member of any club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts