What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I still think the way to go is a Sydney game of the week at ANZ on a Friday night. Make it the TV game. dvelop a footy precinct around the ground for pre and post match. Spend some decent marketing budget on hyping it up. Both clubs members get in for free and have a 50% discount voucher to bring a friend. Invite 20 schools every game to attend with kids in their playing jerseys, tour of the stadium, meet some players etc etc. Promote it to Sydneys's 2million tourists as an Australian cultural thing to do.

If we must use ANZ then turn it into a weekly must do Sydney event for locals and tourists.

Only thing i would change is to make this an early Saturday or Sunday afternoon game, but yeh the rest of it is good as long as this is a long term thing.

Also wouldnt mind seeing a few double headers each year (maybe of the shittier matchups) to spruce interest.

elbusto

Coach
Crowd at Shark Park tonight - I could not book 4 seats together for the Dragons game in two weeks - ended up on outer concourse- but I could for tonight's match. That is a worry.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Crowd at Shark Park tonight - I could not book 4 seats together for the Dragons game in two weeks - ended up on outer concourse- but I could for tonight's match. That is a worry.

Monday night, and the Titans are not the biggest drawcards. No Carney hurts sales too!

ek999

First Grade
And also just after the ASADA shit started and Flanno was stood down. Was never going to match last year

WaznTheGreat

Referee
If the Sharks can get 13-14k the average would still be over 16k and then next week the Brisbane Donkeys can get 45k and the New Zealand Derppers can get 30k,its all good hoes.

Thursday night and Sunday night should be barred - it isn't good for families and most fans who have to work the next day

The NRL need to decide if they want games to be focused on times fans want or whether they want games to suit TV

cleary89

Coach
on mmm this arvo they said how poor the crowds and we actually averaging less than the a league...

Maybe my maths is bad, but i thought 16752 was bigger than 13575. Unless tonight's game draws -9000, we should be right.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Thursday night and Sunday night should be barred - it isn't good for families and most fans who have to work the next day

The NRL need to decide if they want games to be focused on times fans want or whether they want games to suit TV

Monday is infinitely worse than Sunday nights in terms of attendance. At least on Sunday you can leave home whenever you want during the day and not wait for work to finish then rush out.

It might just be me, but my deciding on whether to go to the game comes down to how much energy i have BEFORE hand, not so worried about the next day.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Geez there's some fact bending there.

I love Kogarah. Nice ground, love the hill, but you're kidding yourself about the rest. Sure, it's had a facelift (so have several other joints lately), but public transport is arguably better to most other grounds, including ANZ which has a station 200m from the gates.

The other part that makes Kogarah archaic, IMO, is the fact that unless you get there an hour before gates open, you're forced to park a minimum of 2km away and walk a shitlong distance. Compare this with ANZ which has a multilevel deck within 50m of the ground...

(that's not to say I'm against walking the distance btw, done it plenty of times. More that it would turn a family off going).

Either way, the proof is in the numbers. Kogarah averaged something like 12 or 13k last year if I recall correctly. You've already eclipsed that significantly with ONE game at ANZ!

Sorry timmah you are fact bending there ;-)

Apart from homebush stadium and possibly campbelltown stadium I can't think of a stadium (in currant use) that has a closer railway station. As for parking I have never, ever, had a problem parking on railway parade if I get there half an hour before kickoff.

google maps 550 metres station to ground
google maps 700 metres from were i park (for free)

"Sure, it's had a facelift" ..... Facelift???? apart from the hill which part of Jubilee oval is old? :shock:

Brutus

Referee
The constant bagging of the NRL crowds in all forms of media today has been unprecedented.

And it hasn't just been the Telecrap. 2GB started it off, Big Sports Breakfast, ABC....

This negativity will have an effect on future weeks.

Brutus

Referee
Nine news just had a 5 minute segment bagging out the NRL crowds and talking up the A league crowds.

What a joke.

Did they mention the other A League crowds over the weekend?

Did they mention how many Sydney FC have been getting on a regular basis or the West Sydney Wanderers most recent home crowd of 12k?

The media bagging of RL today has been incredible. From all corners.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Idiot Buzz started it on Friday

And the rest of the bottom feeders have run with it

The figures aren't that bad, the Nrl media mangers should be shot for letting this get so much steam

A well placed media release on Friday pointing out that the first round was not designed to challenge the 200k record

And that round 2 sales were great accross Au NZ

Swarzey

Bench
It's sad how the media listen to one f**king idiot and run with it. They're shallow-minded merkins in the first place, so none of this surprises me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts