What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
It also shows how stupid Rugby League fans are,they read all this negativity and than think to themselves "Better not go to the game than" but yet if it was all positive they would rock up no problems,brainwashed dopes let the media control them.

newman

First Grade
Posting from the game here.

Just gotta point out how shit Monday nights are. 75% of my usual crew can't make it due to work/family/ school. It's a mad rush to get here. Atmosphere flat as a pancake. Just shithouse.

guyver78

Juniors
Exactly, so you recognise that the SFS would be a better fit for souths. They can play home games where they want but deal with the fact that crowds at ANZ will continually disappoint and stop blaming the roosters and other clubs.

Well yeah offcourse it would & I actually prefer watching games in bay 34/35 at the SFS rather then ANZ. I think the SFS is probably the best Rugby League ground that we have in Sydney. You're closer to the action then ANZ.

I really don't know why people who love their suburban grounds find it so hard to understand that the measly 12,000-18,000 supporters is AS GOOD AS IT WILL EVER GET at those sorts of grounds.

If we're serious about growing the game, improving our crowds we'll ditch those grounds like it's already happening.

elbusto

Coach
Posting from the game here.

Just gotta point out how shit Monday nights are. 75% of my usual crew can't make it due to work/family/ school. It's a mad rush to get here. Atmosphere flat as a pancake. Just shithouse.
Pity. Its a good game.

hutch

First Grade
The constant bagging of the NRL crowds in all forms of media today has been unprecedented.

And it hasn't just been the Telecrap. 2GB started it off, Big Sports Breakfast, ABC....

This negativity will have an effect on future weeks.

Yet the super 15 crowds are at an all time low which has never been mentioned. We just cop it in the media.

georgesnmith

Juniors
im confident with more big games at ANZ well crack the 20k crowd average

AFL is only averaging 32k now as well.

people might complain about a crowd of 20k in ANZ but the reality is had it been at kogarah it probably wouldve been 15k.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The media are getting stuck in to the NRL over the shit turnout to ANZ. Too bad it wont change anything because the NRL are idiots.

thorson1987

Coach
Crowd at Shark Park tonight - I could not book 4 seats together for the Dragons game in two weeks - ended up on outer concourse- but I could for tonight's match. That is a worry.

I can't even book 2 seats.

So I won't be going as I'm not going to make my son stand the whole time (he is only 4)

Ill just take him to the game against the Roosters instead.

DC_fan

Coach

Exactly, so you recognise that the SFS would be a better fit for souths. They can play home games where they want but deal with the fact that crowds at ANZ will continually disappoint and stop blaming the roosters and other clubs.

If Souths move back to the SFS then they have lost me as a season ticket holder. I live and work in the far western suburbs and it would be impossible for me to get to Thursday, Friday and Monday night games.

Many Souths fans live west of ANZ stadium. So a move back to the SFS would not benefit them, Anyone who travels to ANZ by train from the west will find carriages packed with fellow Rabbitohs fans.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
All the teams who got less crowds than the Eels have embarrassed themselves and brought great shame upon Rugby League

JonnoM

Juniors
Lets look at round 1 attendances:
27,282-ANZ
19,860-ANZ
18,040-ANZ
14,397-Parramatta
14,200-Brookvale
12,121-Townsville
11,369-Penrith
9,321-Cronulla

And all we have been reading is about ANZ and how its contributing to the poor attendances!
FFS..what about the suburban venues?
The comments of returning games back to suburbia is a complete joke when its obvious people dont show up anyway
And so called fans wonder why clubs are going to the shit.
The so called fans wonder why clubs are looking elsewhere and away from their traditional homes
Buts its ALL ANZs fault.
The food is crap and expensive and would be solved if a brand new $500million rectangular venue...,yeh right

Is ANZ ideal...nope
Is it a good modern venue..yes
Is it the best attended Rugby League venue in Sydney...yes
Will it be a loved venue if 50,000+supporters got off ther backside and supported their club week in week out...yes
Does being a higher attended venue contribute to the bottom line of the NRL clubs that call it home....yes
These so called fans that sit at home on their arse and are critical of attendances are not fans.
So called fans that are not members are not true fans.

Get to the game and support your club!!

newman

First Grade
Cronulla won't get anywhere near 15k. There has been very little hype in the shire around the game and people are fatigued with the ongoing ASADA debacle. Last year it was galvanising, now people are just tired. They hate the NRL, they're sick of the club and memberships are well down on last year. Add Monday night against out of town opposition and I reckon we will be looking at 10-11k.

You get the distinct feeling the NRL are bleeding the sharks dry. Shit crowd, naked jersey, terrible players. If they want us gone just f**ken punt us. Waiting for us to drown does nobody any favours. Even the sharks die hards are over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.