What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-ba

Post Whore
Poor Cronulla.

Hope we're not next on the agenda...I've been there at the lowest ebb of my club and it wasn't pretty crowd wise. I had to be careful abusing shithouse players because family members were invariably within earshot...halfway across the ground.

Brutus

Referee
Andrew Moore just spent 5 mins bagging NRL crowds on 2GB.

I had to laugh when he heaped shit on ANZ Stadium,saying crowds would have been bigger if those games were played elsewhere.

The top 3 crowds of the weekend were at ANZ Stadium Andrew.

Diesel

Referee
Smart scheduling will ensure ANZ gets bigger crowds than suburban stadiums but that means no Thursday or Monday games and all Sydney games by clubs that use the stadium.

Next year I hope the ARLC tells 9 that this is the draw and if you don't like it, too f**king bad

georgesnmith

Juniors
Smart scheduling will ensure ANZ gets bigger crowds than suburban stadiums but that means no Thursday or Monday games and all Sydney games by clubs that use the stadium.

Next year I hope the ARLC tells 9 that this is the draw and if you don't like it, too f**king bad

the ARLC dont have the power for that

the reason why we got 1.2 billion was because TV companies can make big $ from it

they will get to pick games for the duration of this TV deal

Panfas

Juniors
Bring back the shoulder charge and you will get more people back watching the footy.
I take it you didnt see Nigel Plum's tackle on the weekend. Personally, I love seeing a solid driving tackle than a risky shoulder charge. The Knights player (sorry his name has slipped my mind) had no idea what happened to him

chrisD

Coach
I take it you didnt see Nigel Plum's tackle on the weekend. Personally, I love seeing a solid driving tackle than a risky shoulder charge. The Knights player (sorry his name has slipped my mind) had no idea what happened to him

Well I'd rather see the epic collisions like that of SBW and Clinton, JWH launching Galea or Graham destroying multiple Broncos. And the composition of highlight packages suggest market research finds I'm with the majority.

The Great Dane

First Grade
You get the distinct feeling the NRL are bleeding the sharks dry. Shit crowd, naked jersey, terrible players. If they want us gone just f**ken punt us. Waiting for us to drown does nobody any favours. Even the sharks die hards are over it.

Well actually it could be in their favor to let you die slowly and painfully because it's easier for them to make out that it wasn't their fault and that they did everything they could, which would negate the backlash a bit.

You know I actually don't think that the NRL are trying to force the Sharks to fold, I think they are trying to take control of them.

Valheru

Coach
Personally I blame the roosters for the poor crowd at Cronulla last night.

On a serious note I fear for the sharks this year, the capitulation we all expected last year could be arriving imminently. There is a sense of foreboding in the shire at the moment and Peter Sharp doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

guyver78

Juniors
With all these debates that we are constantly having on here there's a simple answer to getting fans through the gates.

If the NRL really worked with the bigger stadiums and club executives on lowering ticket prices we'd get more people through the gates, SIMPLE!!!

The formula is simple
LOWER TICKET PRICES = More Fans through the gates.

Like anything in life if something is cheap enough or good value for money it will sell itself, you don't need to spend thousands of Marketing.

I just had a look at the Diamond/Gold reserve ticket prices for the Rabbitohs v Bulldogs Easter game

Diamond
Pre-Sale-$60
Gate-$70

Gold
Pre-Sale-$45
Gate-$55

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!

And they wonder why people don't turn up!!!

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Well I'd rather see the epic collisions like that of SBW and Clinton, JWH launching Galea or Graham destroying multiple Broncos. And the composition of highlight packages suggest market research finds I'm with the majority.

I've always found shoulder charges rather cowardly, as the person doing the shoulder charge has almost no risk of getting hurt compared to if they were forced to actually make a proper tackle. I don't miss it at all. Real hard men can tackle.

bazza

Immortal
Thursday night and Sunday night should be barred - it isn't good for families and most fans who have to work the next day

The NRL need to decide if they want games to be focused on times fans want or whether they want games to suit TV

If it is true that these slots get more money from TV, then the NRL should provide a pot of $100,000 per game for subsidised tickets. For example, tickets that are normally $20 can be sold for $10 and the club can release 10,000 of these. For each one of the cheap tickets sold the NRL gives them $10 from the pot

chrisD

Coach
I've always found shoulder charges rather cowardly, as the person doing the shoulder charge has almost no risk of getting hurt compared to if they were forced to actually make a proper tackle. I don't miss it at all. Real hard men can tackle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4a5T0bDcjE

Yeah, cowardly, and I personally would not like to see players making riskier tackles more often with a greater likelihood of injury, but that's just me.

BranVan3000

Coach
With all these debates that we are constantly having on here there's a simple answer to getting fans through the gates.

If the NRL really worked with the bigger stadiums and club executives on lowering ticket prices we'd get more people through the gates, SIMPLE!!!

The formula is simple
LOWER TICKET PRICES = More Fans through the gates.

Like anything in life if something is cheap enough or good value for money it will sell itself, you don't need to spend thousands of Marketing.

I just had a look at the Diamond/Gold reserve ticket prices for the Rabbitohs v Bulldogs Easter game

Diamond
Pre-Sale-$60
Gate-$70

Gold
Pre-Sale-$45
Gate-$55

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!

And they wonder why people don't turn up!!!
Ys it is ridiculous. The NRL need to look at filling stadiums, not trying to get the most from each wallet.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ys it is ridiculous. The NRL need to look at filling stadiums, not trying to get the most from each wallet.

They go hand in hand though... Fill the stadium money in the pockets

Anyway onto the crowds see where we are at Round 5. terrible schedule didn't help should even out in a month or so

BranVan3000

Coach
They go hand in hand though... Fill the stadium money in the pockets

Anyway onto the crowds see where we are at Round 5. terrible schedule didn't help should even out in a month or so

You make more money from 50,000 at $25 each than 30,000 at $40 each, not even counting food and beverages with the increased crowd

No idea what they are thinking with these prices to be honest

franklin2323

Immortal
You make more money from 50,000 at $25 each than 30,000 at $40 each, not even counting food and beverages with the increased crowd

No idea what they are thinking with these prices to be honest

Exactly. I understand smaller grounds when seating is at a preminum but ANZ no excuse. Though even then have really cheap GA and charge what demand dictates for good seats. As bad as ANZ is if it's cheap people will still go

BunniesMan

Immortal
Overpriced tickets when you have so much supply is terrible business practice.

Even 2 blokes at $20 is better than 1 bloke at 40. Firstly the increased money from parking/food etc. But also now you have 2 people in the community telling their family and mates they went to the game. That's twice as many conversations about your product. That's twice as many chances that they'll help bring in new customers.

BranVan3000

Coach
I know I try to organise groups to go to games with people all too willing until I tell them it's $40-$50

Sometimes I have to put myself in the shit seats of the stadium just so I can get friends to come for a reasonable price

The fact seating is becoming over priced should be evident in the fact that the middle of the ANZ stadium is sparsely seated while the corners tend to be packed. If pricing was smarter, it would be the opposite

betcats

Referee
These crowds for round 1 is a concern imo, especially considering crowds werent great last year, at a time when there is a record amount of money in RL crowds should be increasing, not stagnating or declining.

The ARLC and the new NRL management have done a lot of good things so far but they need to come up with a good strategy to increase crowds because its becoming embarrasing for RL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts