What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgesnmith

Juniors
You get the distinct feeling the NRL are bleeding the sharks dry. Shit crowd, naked jersey, terrible players. If they want us gone just f**ken punt us. Waiting for us to drown does nobody any favours. Even the sharks die hards are over it.

apparently the ARLC has promised financial support to the sharks provided they dont challenge the penalties re Asada and also maybe if flangan doesnt challenge it either.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Yet the super 15 crowds are at an all time low which has never been mentioned. We just cop it in the media.

It's because no one care about Union.

NRL on the other hand is an absolute anomaly; it is the most followed sport in the country and yet it gets terrible crowds.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Andrew Webster wrote a quite good article today, basically saying OMG THE SKY ISNT FALLING.

It's on SMH, obviously.

newman

First Grade
apparently the ARLC has promised financial support to the sharks provided they dont challenge the penalties re Asada and also maybe if flangan doesnt challenge it either.

Suspend our coach. Fine us a mill. What kind of support can make up for that? This ASADA stuff has been going on for over a year now. The sharks are tired. You saw it plain as day tonight.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Suspend our coach. Fine us a mill. What kind of support can make up for that? This ASADA stuff has been going on for over a year now. The sharks are tired. You saw it plain as day tonight.

first time in 13 years their overdraft is paid off and that development looks like it will go through

even if this year is a dud the future looks good.

thorson1987

Coach
You get the distinct feeling the NRL are bleeding the sharks dry. Shit crowd, naked jersey, terrible players. If they want us gone just f**ken punt us. Waiting for us to drown does nobody any favours. Even the sharks die hards are over it.

Been listening a bit too much to reefy Newman.

Diesel

Referee
9k for Cronulla?

That's a crowd id expect for a Monday night during Origin. I understand the Titans don't draw well, it's Monday night but it's round 1, fans should be going in droves for the first game in 6 months.

I expected 12-13K

newman

First Grade
first time in 13 years their overdraft is paid off and that development looks like it will go through

even if this year is a dud the future looks good.

With respect you are in no position to comment. Until you have experienced the last 12 months as a supporter of a club under the fire the sharks have endured, you really can't form an opinion. It was there for every one to see at the ground tonight. On the field. On the faces of the supporters. On the staff. Everywhere. Tired, beleaguered, beaten.

Diesel

Referee
I agree Newman, I can't understand it as it's not my club going through it but who is going to turn it around, or is it a matter of waiting for ASADA to sort its shit out before any change happens?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
The last tackle tonight summed up cronullas headspace...

Down by 6, 5 sec to go...

Surrender tackle...

I think fans have surrendered to

newman

First Grade
I agree Newman, I can't understand it as it's not my club going through it but who is going to turn it around, or is it a matter of waiting for ASADA to sort its shit out before any change happens?

One of the worst things is that we don't know how (or who) or what is going to turn it around. Word is that it will get worse before it gets better. There is no timeframe on the ASADA investigation and we are yet to see their determinations f**king 12 months on. We went from Bikies, match fixing, blackest day of all time across all sport to focus on 8 weeks with Steve Dank providing some dodgy supplements to the sharks in 2011. The NRL have jumped the gun and suspended Flano and fined the club with seemingly no evidence (If they have evidence no bastard knows what it is). Players are jumping ship and we couldn't get a sponsor to touch us for free. It's death by a thousand cuts.

Diesel

Referee
It's a real shit situation, one of the things I remember from last year was the Sharks first 2 home games (and no doubt more) where the crowd was really the team and unified.

Monday games are going to hurt, i hope the crowds return soon and are as vocal as last year

lockyno1

Post Whore
Monday night is always a death sentence for clubs, so getting a sub 10K crowd is hardly that surprising!

Canard

Immortal
One of the worst things is that we don't know how (or who) or what is going to turn it around. Word is that it will get worse before it gets better. There is no timeframe on the ASADA investigation and we are yet to see their determinations f**king 12 months on. We went from Bikies, match fixing, blackest day of all time across all sport to focus on 8 weeks with Steve Dank providing some dodgy supplements to the sharks in 2011. The NRL have jumped the gun and suspended Flano and fined the club with seemingly no evidence (If they have evidence no bastard knows what it is). Players are jumping ship and we couldn't get a sponsor to touch us for free. It's death by a thousand cuts.

The evidence was the Sharks own internal report according to Masters.

newman

First Grade
The evidence was the Sharks own internal report according to Masters.

The Kavanagh report.

The report where they didn't interview any players. The ones who were supposed to be protected.

Look, I'm not claiming the sharks are faultless here, but the collateral damage of this saga is monumental. Arguably similar to what the storm got for rorting. And for what? 13th place in 2011?

Don't be fooled either by reports that you can't get tickets to the Dragons game at Remondo. The club withholds a lot of tickets from general sale to show horn people into buying memberships.

The Sharks will be lucky to average 10k this year.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Look, i want to see the Sharks die as much as the next guy, but...

I am just a sucker for a good story and i cannot imagine a better story than seeing the Sharks come out of this. A part of me wants the Sharkies to pull through just on the off chance that the events get turned into an underdog TV movie...

The Kavanagh report.

The report where they didn't interview any players. The ones who were supposed to be protected.

Look, I'm not claiming the sharks are faultless here, but the collateral damage of this saga is monumental. Arguably similar to what the storm got for rorting. And for what? 13th place in 2011?

Don't be fooled either by reports that you can't get tickets to the Dragons game at Remondo. The club withholds a lot of tickets from general sale to show horn people into buying memberships.

The Sharks will be lucky to average 10k this year.

You are such a downer, but youre giving me a "Sharks will fold" semi-chubby and im loveing it.....

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I have always said that the Sharks in their current form had no future in the modern NRL. The code and the other clubs were leaving them in the dust in every facet even before the ASADA shit came to the forefront. That crowd tonight proved that even the defence that they have a dedicated following that is worth keeping around isn't worth a pinch of shit anymore. As newman said, even their own fans can see it now.

I'm sorry Cronulla, it is a harsh, bitter pill to swallow but the fact is your club is a liability at the same time as there are potential clubs in other markets that would only be beneficial.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If he wants to achieve it, he has to get the ridiculous price of admission under control. 35 bucks for a shit seat is just unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts