What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

duylm

Juniors
Tickets for kids should ALWAYS be subsidised. Get them interested young, lock them in for life.

papabear

Juniors
I think rugby league supporters pillage anz stadium to much

Whilst I agree its not perfect, sit behind the sticks up high and you get a far better view then in the corners.

If you are on the hill in leichhardt you cant see the corners closes to you which were 30-40 percent of tries are scored, then you cant see the big screen to get the replay. Not to mention the fact you are packed in like a sardine.

Accept the change, adapt with change and enjoy it. Also see it for what it is and don't overreact when there are plenty of negatives with suburban grounds.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4a5T0bDcjE

Yeah, cowardly, and I personally would not like to see players making riskier tackles more often with a greater likelihood of injury, but that's just me.

Yeah, cowardly. That video is prime evidence. Dropping your shoulder into someone is the easiest thing in the world. Nothing awesome about at all, in my opinion. it's what try hard kids on the playground do....

chrisD

Coach
Yeah, cowardly. That video is prime evidence. Dropping your shoulder into someone is the easiest thing in the world. Nothing awesome about at all, in my opinion. it's what try hard kids on the playground do....

Yeah standing your body in front of a charging 100kg+ forward and not giving an inch, not at all a statement of intent synonymous with century old characteristics of rugby league, but rather a cowardly schoolground try hard act.

guyver78

Juniors
I know I try to organise groups to go to games with people all too willing until I tell them it's $40-$50

HAHA thats exactly what I get "What!!! $40-$50 for a League Game", I have about 3-4 friends that want to come to games until I tell them the price, especially for the blockbuster games.

Maybe it's people just giving the NRL the finger back after making Origin and Grand Final tickets that expensive.

A Cat 1 reserved Diamond/Gold ticket at ANZ/SFS should not be more then $25.
General Admission $15
Kids $5
Kids under 6 FREE

Surely that's not devaluing the game...???

Bronco Rob

Juniors
The A-League have one big crowd and the media are flogging themselves silly over it. How about the other games that weekend, Victory had 15k, Roar had 12k, Phoenix had 6k and Newcastle a very smelly figure of 10k.

Last year the AFL's crowds were down, the Super 15 games already this year have dismal figures, the Force didn't even have 10k show up for their recent home game against the Rebels and they got 17k to the Waratahs v Reds so-called blockbuster which was 35k just 2 years ago.

Let's face facts that fans just don't attend sporting fixtures like they used to now that we have 50inch tv's with live rewind and pause in just about every household now. But if we see more good footy like on the past weekend the crowds will naturally grow but let's not get all wrapped up how poor we are doing as a code just because the crowds are down for one week.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Saw Andrew Webster has a typical clickbait piece of rubbish about crowds today. Didn't event bother.

League coverage from the mainstream media dinosaurs is hopeless.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Yeah standing your body in front of a charging 100kg+ forward and not giving an inch, not at all a statement of intent synonymous with century old characteristics of rugby league, but rather a cowardly schoolground try hard act.

Pretty much.

georgesnmith

Juniors
HAHA thats exactly what I get "What!!! $40-$50 for a League Game", I have about 3-4 friends that want to come to games until I tell them the price, especially for the blockbuster games.

Maybe it's people just giving the NRL the finger back after making Origin and Grand Final tickets that expensive.

A Cat 1 reserved Diamond/Gold ticket at ANZ/SFS should not be more then $25.
General Admission $15
Kids $5
Kids under 6 FREE

Surely that's not devaluing the game...???

Super League has a thing where they make cheap tickets available to friends of season ticket holders to try the game

something like friends for a fiver

souths could easily offer it for some of their less attractive games and as a reward for ticketed members

guyver78

Juniors
Super League has a thing where they make cheap tickets available to friends of season ticket holders to try the game

something like friends for a fiver

souths could easily offer it for some of their less attractive games and as a reward for ticketed members

They USED to but now they got greedy. Now someone said that Souths for instance dont set ticket prices to games at ANZ stadium, it's the NRL and ANZ stadium trust so maybe someone can clarify this exactly as i'm not 100% sure on this

It used to be 50% off but now that Souths got a bit better it's usually

-10% off to games most neutrals couldn't care less about which is hardly a discount
-30% off to blockbuster games like the Easter one which is also hardly a discount considering that those tickets start at $60 for good seats

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Saw Andrew Webster has a typical clickbait piece of rubbish about crowds today. Didn't event bother.

League coverage from the mainstream media dinosaurs is hopeless.

Actually, if you bothered reading beyond a headline, he's actually saying the sky ISN'T falling and that the crowds aren't that bad :lol:

Brutus

Referee

Whilst I agree its not perfect, sit behind the sticks up high and you get a far better view then in the corners.

If you are on the hill in leichhardt you cant see the corners closes to you which were 30-40 percent of tries are scored, then you cant see the big screen to get the replay. Not to mention the fact you are packed in like a sardine.

Accept the change, adapt with change and enjoy it. Also see it for what it is and don't overreact when there are plenty of negatives with suburban grounds.

Good post.

franklin2323

Immortal

If you are going to spend 50% of the time watching the screen you are better off staying home... That's my policy for all grounds. ANZ too far other grounds day games at Wollongong are the worse with the sun on the screen. If it's made a must see are super cheap you can put up with screen watching

betcats

Referee
If you are going to spend 50% of the time watching the screen you are better off staying home... That's my policy for all grounds. ANZ too far other grounds day games at Wollongong are the worse with the sun on the screen. If it's made a must see are super cheap you can put up with screen watching

ANZ is terrible to watch club games at. I will cop it for finals and other big games but f**k paying money to watch a normal club game in that boring as f**k stadium.

Even after or before the footy there is f**k all to do at Olympic park, but thats not the NRLs fault, still its a factor.

Brutus

Referee
The idiot that was doing the Sharks v Titans updates for 2GB said the soccer attracted more people to its round last week than the RL. Steve Price went on about how RL was struggling and soccer was gaining a huge foothold in Sydney.

This out of control. The media feed us shit and we finish up with lies all round.

babyg

Juniors
I know I try to organise groups to go to games with people all too willing until I tell them it's $40-$50

Sometimes I have to put myself in the shit seats of the stadium just so I can get friends to come for a reasonable price

The fact seating is becoming over priced should be evident in the fact that the middle of the ANZ stadium is sparsely seated while the corners tend to be packed. If pricing was smarter, it would be the opposite

100% agree. See it every week.

guyver78

Juniors
I stand corrected!!! Prices for Cat1 Gold Reserved tickets to the Rabbitohs v Bulldogs Easter game are actually reasonably priced if you use the code.

Gold Reserved
Members 30% Discount - Adult $31.50 Members 30% Discount - Junior $17.50 Member 30% Discount Concession $21.00 Members 30% Discount - Family $80.50

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I stand corrected!!! Prices for Cat1 Gold Reserved tickets to the Rabbitohs v Bulldogs Easter game are actually reasonably priced if you use the code.

Gold Reserved
Members 30% Discount - Adult $31.50 Members 30% Discount - Junior $17.50 Member 30% Discount Concession $21.00 Members 30% Discount - Family $80.50

Wow - that is awesome.

Broncos this Friday night: $36 - $79 for an adult.

Pax as of this morning when I fixed my friends up with some tickets: 36,783 - Shit.

Last year we had a 45,500 pax on game day, with a 42.5k crowd because of weather.

Friday is possible showers - doesn't seem to bad, I am thinking it will be 41-43k at this stage !

georgesnmith

Juniors

Gold Reserved

thats what they should be charging every week without any discount codes

Just on the theme of the media knifing the NRL, for the past 10-15 years, both papers generally produced a Footy Booklet in the Sunday paper close to kick off.

It contained the NRL, AFL and Super RU. Listed teams, squads, coaches, fixtures and a bit of chat - losses/gains, where they finished the year before, experts tip for the finish that coming season.

Last couple of years, the SMH have gone it alone with the booklet supplement and the DT sold a $2 large glossy NRL magazine.

This year, neither paper had the booklet and the DT didn't do their magazine as far as I know. SMH did 4-6 pages in the paper with a half page of Phil Gould's expert opinion and not much else. Nothing you'd keep anyway.

But go in to the newsagents and the DT have done the $2 glossy magazine for the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts