What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't glossy, but it was a magazine booklet thing separate from the actual paper.

Hmmm...

Anyone got a full copy they don't want? That can be mailed to me?

Back to the topic:

How many people reckon the cricket / BBL03 and / or music festival season over summer has bitten in to 'entertainment' budgets and people aren't going to the footy cause they can't afford it?

Brutus

Referee
Hmmm...

Anyone got a full copy they don't want? That can be mailed to me?

Back to the topic:

How many people reckon the cricket / BBL03 and / or music festival season over summer has bitten in to 'entertainment' budgets and people aren't going to the footy cause they can't afford it?

Look...if the NRL were smart and put the Roosters v Rabbits on at a decent time then none of this would have blown up in the way it has. 35k plus would have been the crowd and the snowball effect in the media would never have occurred.

whall15

Coach
The idiot that was doing the Sharks v Titans updates for 2GB said the soccer attracted more people to its round last week than the RL. Steve Price went on about how RL was struggling and soccer was gaining a huge foothold in Sydney.

This out of control. The media feed us shit and we finish up with lies all round.

What do you expect from Redneck Radio?

georgesnmith

Juniors
if theres a good turnout in brisbane this week that crowd alone could go a fair way towards the entire A League total

and when it does there wont be a single mention in the media of it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Got tickets for the Doggies game in Perth in a couple of weeks. Got them discounted as a Pirate member Adults $40 is ok but kids at $19 is steep. Taking my mates kids as I'm trying to get them into RL. Guess they know it will pretty much sell out so can charge these prices. In comparison it cost $5 for kids to take them to see the Dockers.

Tickets to AAMI at the weekend are $53 for adult decent seat plus $7.15 booking fees!!! Seriously $61 to see a game of RL! I thought we were trying to grow the game in Melbourne?

If you are trying to drag newbies to games the price of a decent seat is off putting to many and must stop neutrals attending games for something to do if their team is playing away that weekend. NRL has lots of options to make it more affordable and encourage bigger crowds but so far have done nothing. That 20k avg by 2017 is looking a long way off!

Last edited:
I was actually thinking of taking my son to a Bunnies game for his birthday with 10 of his school friends. We have season tix but can sit GA anyway.

Wonder how much that'd set me back?

And does it constitute child abuse?

STORM.99/07

Bench
HAHA thats exactly what I get "What!!! $40-$50 for a League Game", I have about 3-4 friends that want to come to games until I tell them the price, especially for the blockbuster games.

Maybe it's people just giving the NRL the finger back after making Origin and Grand Final tickets that expensive.

A Cat 1 reserved Diamond/Gold ticket at ANZ/SFS should not be more then $25.
General Admission $15
Kids $5
Kids under 6 FREE

Surely that's not devaluing the game...???
Went to a Victory/Heart game last Dec(4 adults)=$212 for tickets.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Lets look at round 1 attendances:
27,282-ANZ
19,860-ANZ
18,040-ANZ
14,397-Parramatta
14,200-Brookvale
12,121-Townsville
11,369-Penrith
9,321-Cronulla

And all we have been reading is about ANZ and how its contributing to the poor attendances!
FFS..what about the suburban venues?
The comments of returning games back to suburbia is a complete joke when its obvious people dont show up anyway
And so called fans wonder why clubs are going to the shit.
The so called fans wonder why clubs are looking elsewhere and away from their traditional homes
Buts its ALL ANZs fault.
The food is crap and expensive and would be solved if a brand new $500million rectangular venue...,yeh right

Is ANZ ideal...nope
Is it a good modern venue..yes
Is it the best attended Rugby League venue in Sydney...yes
Will it be a loved venue if 50,000+supporters got off ther backside and supported their club week in week out...yes
Does being a higher attended venue contribute to the bottom line of the NRL clubs that call it home....yes
These so called fans that sit at home on their arse and are critical of attendances are not fans.
So called fans that are not members are not true fans.

Get to the game and support your club!!

When you look at the round as a whole it doesn't paint as bleak a picture as the media make it out to be. 7 games in sydney which was a stupid decision in the first place diluted the opening round here but also deflated the rest of the markets, each of which has been exposed to the negative headlines which came out of it. So i hope there hasn't been lasting damage from a media cycle which has been all about perception and comparisons to previous years and not the here and now

BUT the biggest issue at play here is ticket pricing imo. I have had a look at ticketek for a number of clubs games coming up and going off memory it looks like every category has increased this year. It pretty much prevents future growth if we get annual increases on ticket prices as we are at the moment and the NRL needs to focus on a central subsidised ticketing policy at the same time as it is implementing its stadia policy. One without the other isn't going to acheive results. For god sakes they aren't even adhering to simple economics at the moment- supply and demand

georgesnmith

Juniors
average 15,823

the waratahs are averaging less and im sure the a league does less as well.

wonder why league gets all this unfair attention.

must sell more papers to focus on bad stuff

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Round 2 predictions

Brisbane v Cowboys 42k
Manly v Souths 19k
Warriors v Dragons 25k
Melbourne v Penrith 15k
Roosters v Parra 19k
Gold Coast v Tigers 14k
Newcastle v Canberra 18k
Bulldogs v Cronulla 13k