What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Good to see Farah and Mason put some heat on Kent about the shit that the media write and him complaining about players not wanting to talk to journos and promote the game.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade

Got redirected from the Paul Kent thread.

But they were on nrl 360 and they were talking about his article where he said players cbf doing interviews and don't promote the game and Mason and Farah pretty much said you can't blame the players when you guys write articles about negative shit and then expect players to be available for interviews.

thorson1987

Coach

But they were on nrl 360 and they were talking about his article where he said players cbf doing interviews and don't promote the game and Mason and Farah pretty much said you can't blame the players when you guys write articles about negative shit and then expect players to be available for interviews.

Good on them.

Dogs Of War

Coach

But it's a catch 22 situation. You make yourself available and then they don't have as much time to trawl for dirt. They are going to write a story, make it about the personalities, not about what they heard on the grapevine

guyver78

Juniors
Pax is completely irrelevant with games on the Central Coast. A large majority of the crowd is from walk ups, no one ever pre books for matches at Bluetongue.

Crowd will be 18K+, and i wouldn't be surprised to see the 20,059 'ground record' being put up for the 100th time.

Don't really know much about pre books vs walk ups ticket sales at bluetounge but I do know for a fact that trying to buy tickets to last year's Souths v Manly clash a day before had "Limited Availability" on all reserved sections for both Souths and Manly.

This year you can buy Reserved seat tickets in 10's on almost the 50 for Both Souths & Manly so I doubt it very much that we will be getting anywhere near 20,000...

Hope I'm wrong but i'll be happy with 18,000+

guyver78

Juniors

Some of these Journalists just write straight up garbage!!!
Why don't they understand that rugby league supporters generally don't give a flying f**k whether Sam Burgess or SBW hold press conferences, talk to media or try and promote the game. IT MAKES VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE

This is all a big load of garbage....

The only thing in Sydney that dictates whether fans turn up to the game is traffic on a Thursday/Friday night and by far most importantly ticket prices.

Lower ticket prices for everybody not just members and a hell of a lot more people will turn up.

El Diablo

Post Whore
good viewing. the player's talk a lot of sense. i note the comment about how they mention some journalists are always negative on the sport.

there are certain journos that go out of their way to write negative shit and then these f**knuts expect players to do interviews with them?

they're on another f**king planet

georgesnmith

Juniors
really just news ltd + Danny Weidler. and maybe some of the nine commentry team,

masters and brad walters are excellent.

the ARLC has to come down harder on these guys, remove their media accreditation.

im all for players not talking to media types that have burned them in the past

Perth Red

Post Whore
Can you breakdown where that 10mil comes from? Sounds like a huge overestimate to me.

I'm basing it on what the west coast eagles make from memberships. This was 5 years ago so god only knows what they are making from their membership now.

West Coast recorded the second highest membership behind Adelaide - but generated more than $10 million in revenue from memberships, way ahead of Fremantle in second place.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/eagles-finances-are-flying-high-20090506-auuc.html#ixzz2vkGguvte

El Diablo

Post Whore
and even journos have noted it http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=327989

At Terrigal leading up to Origin II, the Queensland players had a night out to celebrate the birthdays of Billy Slater and Cameron Smith, and finished up in the same bar as members of the travelling media, including yours truly.

None of us witnessed anything which warranted a story, but we woke two days later to "Drunken Maroons" headlines in a local paper.

It seems a passer-by saw the players outside the bar and phoned 000 to report an incident, which the police investigated before finding nothing untoward had happened.

My love for the game hasn't stopped me writing "negative" stories when required, whether they are to do with off-field incidents, attendances, refereeing or administration.

I'm not going to defend every "journo" covering the game, or bag them either, whatever their motives or preferences when it comes to sport.

There are one or two I have met who would defect to union as quickly as Sonny Bill Williams if it looked like becoming the No. 1 sport.

I must confess to feeling uncomfortable when some scribes - very few I might add - have reacted with joy after learning of another so-called league atrocity.

It is one thing to report things faithfully and to get satisfaction from a job well done. It is another to get a high from the code's misfortune.

georgesnmith

Juniors

weidler would be one. you can see the joy in his face when he digs the knife into the game.

rebecca wilson has admitted shes an AFL fan.

massoud is mostly negative, and is a smug little twit.

dean ritchie is just arrogant, thinks he knows everything

i actually think rothfield is a fan, hes just dumb. and he does jump on a bandwagon for other sports a bit too much.

that article news ltd wrote on tim mannah last year was the worst league article ive read

El Diablo

Post Whore
weidler would be one. you can see the joy in his face when he digs the knife into the game.

rebecca wilson has admitted shes an AFL fan.

massoud is mostly negative, and is a smug little twit.

dean ritchie is just arrogant, thinks he knows everything

i actually think rothfield is a fan, hes just dumb. and he does jump on a bandwagon for other sports a bit too much.

that article news ltd wrote on tim mannah last year was the worst league article ive read

this is one of the worst i read http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ne...to-communicating/story-fndujljl-1226776473463

fancy scouring her facebook page and using family photos

disgraceful

ek999

First Grade
Well if she fronted up to a press conference and did a bit of q and a they would be able to write a story of substance. Instead they send out a statement with a couple of lines attributed to her but probably written by someone else. She holds one of the most senior positions in the ARLC and we know f**k all about her.

Same with Gagai, put him up to the media and answer questions on what he was doing and why he missed the camp so the journos can write about what happened and move on. Instead he isn't in front of the media until several months later and the journos will still hound him about it because they still don't know what went on when they could be writing stories about the weekend.

Not to mention the behaviour of the the Bulldogs not letting the players speak to the media after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.