What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

reanimate

Bench
Adult Cat 1 at AAMI Park is $53 plus $5.50 for printout of ticket plus credit card charge. I think that is too pricey. parking opposite the ground cost $30.
Went to a game last season paid $15 for parking opp; ground, after game walking back to car notices had been put up saying car parking would be put up to $30 for the remainder of the season.
I am a Storm country member as I live in sadelaide and I always upgrade to reserved seat when I can get to a game.

That's insanity, Storm games should be as cheap as possible to try and get as many Victorians to go a game as possible.

bazza

Immortal
Predictions for round 2:

Manly v Souths: 20,000
Brisbane v Cowboys: 50,000
Warriors v Saints: 50,000
Melbourne v Penrith: 25,000
Roosters v Eels: 40,000
Titans v Tigers: 25,000
Newcastle v Canberra: 25,000
Dogs v Sharks: 80,000

Anything less than this --- #CodeInCrisis

betcats

Referee
I was on the Roosters website last week and they had interviews with GI and Sutton

We don't need the media, the clubs are self sufficient for promotion, and the papers hate it

Yeah pretty soon the league will be broadcasting itself to :sarcasm:. Our biggest pay day ever just came from the media.

If League ever wants to be the biggest game in AUS we need the media.

Last edited:

guyver78

Juniors
I was on the Roosters website last week and they had interviews with GI and Sutton

We don't need the media, the clubs are self sufficient for promotion, and the papers hate it

Yeah the Souths website had the one with Jennings and i cannot remember the other Roosters player so we must have had the same interview video on both sites...

Once the NRL gets it's digital channels and what not sorted, they won't need TV either.

All online, all download. No middle man.

Springs

First Grade
The media is only whinging because they want their story.

Who here has ever gone to a game because a player did an interview in the paper? Who watches on TV to see post-match interviews? Who wants to see an out of breath player say cliches while he's trying to get into the dressing sheds at halftime?
The players do these pre and post match interviews, they speak to the paper even though they get flamed more often than not, they do press conferences at training and post-match, they go on The Footy Show and Fox Sports, they write their own columns, they give big interviews to League mags, they speak to the fans through Twitter and Facebook...what more do you want them to do? I think they do plenty.
If I was to choose one thing for them to do it would be to spend less time doing media interviews post-match and more time going around to the fans. Wouldn't that get people to go to games more? All post-match media interviews do is get them to watch on TV a little bit longer (if they are actually interested).

The only people I know who like watching or reading about league star's scandals and private lives are gossipers.
Paul Kent wants to sell papers, that's his agenda.

georgesnmith

Juniors
just for a bit of perspective :

A League club got around 3000 last night for Asian League Game

Western Force got their lowest crowd ever under 10k, crowds having fallen from an average of over 25k. The rebels crowds have fallen from around 17k to 11k, brumbies no longer average 17k and the waratahs are down from over 30k to 15k

the media dont point any of this out. this week will be much better for crowds and i doubt there will be a single positive story about it

they just love a negative headline

Valheru

Coach
Why are we comparing cat 1 seats for prices. GA is the entry point to attend a game, and that's the price that should be of most interest.

Yeah but people want to be comfortable and have a good vantage point. There are plenty of seats to go around at ANZ and having the good ones at $50+ for a regular season match is ludicrous. SFS is just as bad as well with the only saving grace being the GA seats aren?t bad quality.

El Diablo

Post Whore
just for a bit of perspective :

A League club got around 3000 last night for Asian League Game

Western Force got their lowest crowd ever under 10k, crowds having fallen from an average of over 25k. The rebels crowds have fallen from around 17k to 11k, brumbies no longer average 17k and the waratahs are down from over 30k to 15k

the media dont point any of this out. this week will be much better for crowds and i doubt there will be a single positive story about it

they just love a negative headline

and you can bet your life on it they have more negative crowd articles already written up to say the Midgets v Pink Poofs game means the AFL is taking over Sydney

Canard

Immortal
That's insanity, Storm games should be as cheap as possible to try and get as many Victorians to go a game as possible.

You can get tickets in GA for $24 which is pretty good.

Or you can do what most people do and buy a Cat 3 ticket for $30 and go and sit in the $50 seats during the game as there is always plenty of spare seat (unless the Warriors are in town)

As for the price of parking, the NRL or the Storm dont control that. To try to park in the centre of Melbourne is going to be difficult and expensive whether the footy or pigeon racing is on. Its just not a good idea.

guyver78

Juniors
Yeah but people want to be comfortable and have a good vantage point. There are plenty of seats to go around at ANZ and having the good ones at $50+ for a regular season match is ludicrous. SFS is just as bad as well with the only saving grace being the GA seats aren?t bad quality.

Yeah exactly.. GA at SFS is much better then GA at ANZ
It's also much easier to do a shifty at the SFS too whereas ANZ you'd need to jump the fence to get to the good seats :D

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Pax 10105 for gosford tomorrow night. Given there is always a large walkup at the ground and tomorrow left for pre-sales i would say not a sell out but a respectable 18 or 19k which is about normal for a friday night at Gossy. The times that 20,059 have went up have always been sunday arvo games from what i can remember but could be wrong

Yoda

Juniors
For them that's an improvement, normally they are handing them out by the fistful.

I do some part time teaching at UWS and received an email from them today offering 4 free tickets to the GWS game this week to all staff. The only catch is that you need to open a giants "account". Wonder of boozefield will report on this or the 3000 at the Wanderers game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts