What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel

Referee
Any word on Eden Park pax?

With the Dragons being touted as a wooden spoon team and the Warriors getting towelled up by the wooden spooners last weekend, this could look ugly on tv.

Diesel

Referee
20K for Auckland would be a fair crowd, hoping for 25+

Round 2 crowds look to well outshine round 1, I wonder if that will be mentioned in the same number of articles

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Looking at Ticketek that seems believable. Not many bays with seats available. Although I thought that may be because some sections weren't open.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news - but no.

Level 7 south is half sold.

Level 7 north has not been touched. Not even open for sale yet.

One level 7 east bay has no seats sold. Last nights pax of 39.3k essentially rules out a sell out.

The 50,612 in 2008 i remember restricted view tickets were placed on sale three days beforehand. Tomorrow night will have zero restricted view seats placed on sale.

I have a feeling we will beat last year. If 5,000 people buy tickets tomorrow we will have a good shot at a ripper.

Last year the pax was 45.5 and we got 42.5, take note on member showings.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i saw on 9 news that Barry Farnham didn't show up for a pink poofs press conference

will the News Ltd hacks be giving him a spray?

user_nat

Coach
Sorry to be a bearer of bad news - but no.

Level 7 south is half sold.

Level 7 north has not been touched. Not even open for sale yet.

One level 7 east bay has no seats sold. Last nights pax of 39.3k essentially rules out a sell out.

I suspected it was unlikely that some of the bays that were showing as full could actually be full.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Slothfield still harping on about crowds in tomorrows DT

it's a pity every journo from that rag wasn't flying Malaysian Airlines

RWB

Bench
We've given the Parra supporters half a bay in between the 30 metre & 40 metre line for $28 a seat and they still haven't sold it out yet.

Where's Haynetrain & all his mates?

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed after all the talking up Haynetrain has been giving the Parra supporters in the off season :p

Saint Doc

Coach
We've given the Parra supporters half a bay in between the 30 metre & 40 metre line for $28 a seat and they still haven't sold it out yet.

Where's Haynetrain & all his mates?

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed after all the talking up Haynetrain has been giving the Parra supporters in the off season :p

Even Wigan sold out a bay!!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
[youtube]ZFNrrckYSJ4[/youtube]

For f**ks sake, this was like listening to marriage counselling.

Seriously though, i cannot believe Kent thinks of himself as the key middleman for reaching the public, but im sure as hell not surprised.

I dont accept that NRL needs these pages to get people to the games. First of all the papers arent going to stop with the stories, NRL is what people here want.

Second, NRL is the most socially connected sport in the country. the only reason the AFL has the image of being more popular is because of the attendance. NRL reaches more people, its jsut a different culture here about attending games; something the league is trying to change.

If this dynamic does shift it will be thanks to direct contact between the product and the people; the newspapers will have nothing to do with it!!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pax 10105 for gosford tomorrow night. Given there is always a large walkup at the ground and tomorrow left for pre-sales i would say not a sell out but a respectable 18 or 19k which is about normal for a friday night at Gossy. The times that 20,059 have went up have always been sunday arvo games from what i can remember but could be wrong

2 x FNF (20,059 MAN/WST & 20,060 SOU/MAN)
1 x Sunday footy (20,059 MAN/WST)

I'm thinking 16-17k tonight, hopefully.

juro

Bench
Slothfield still harping on about crowds in tomorrows DT

it's a pity every journo from that rag wasn't flying Malaysian Airlines
And what a geniused effort it is as well, showing a table of what the games would have got if played at different grounds. Apparently Bulldogs vs Broncos would have got 52k is played in Brisbane... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts