What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Exactly, I mean the game kicks off at 8.05pm on a Thurs ffs! That's prob a 11-12am home time on a school night for attendees... By the tattooed balls of THEDuges NEIN shits me! The ultimate crowd killers. But I guess healthy crowds aren't in NEINs best interests.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Exactly, I mean the game kicks off at 8.05pm on a Thurs ffs! That's prob a 11-12am home time on a school night for attendees... By the tattooed balls of THEDuges NEIN shits me! The ultimate crowd killers. But I guess healthy crowds aren't in NEINs best interests.

36K didn't have an issue with it last year though :sarcasm:
I mean they're expecting 80K on a Thursday night for an AFL game in
rnd 2 at the MCG
I'd imagine they'd be plenty of kids needing to go to school the following day there too

I've never seen a mob so quick to but but but their way out of attending something as Sydneysiders :?

ek999

First Grade
I live 300ks away & don't follow either side

sadly
they'll be RL fans in Sydney including even some Roosters & Souths fans who live only 3k's away
& they won't go:sarcasm:
This being the Sydney way :?

Raiders had the lowest average crowd last year and the lowest maximum crowd, couldn't even beat the team with 2 successive wooden spoons. And Souths and Roosters averages was double the Raiders

Raiderdave

First Grade
Raiders had the lowest average crowd last year and the lowest maximum crowd, couldn't even beat the team with 2 successive wooden spoons. And Souths and Roosters averages was double the Raiders

thanks for the history lesson
do ya think both the Roosters & Souths being in the top 4 all year might of helped their average

just a thought :sarcasm:

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's a good sign when we are complaining of an NRL game "only" drawing 30k!
Hopefully one day we will get a Sydney game of the week scheduled for a Friday night at anz, included in both clubs memberships, massive marketing and hype all week for the game and plenty of pre and post game activities for families and adults both. Make it the must do event in Sydney on a Friday night for locals and tourists. Give out a few thousand free tickets to schools in the region of the teams playing etc.
Would be great to one day see another successful team in Brisbane as well so both Friday night games were 30k plus crowds every week.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Raiders must dream about getting 30k crowds
:sarcasm:

:lol:

wow Einstein
we don't have a venue that holds 30K ... but lets not let little details like that get in the way of your stupidity eh :lol:

Raiders 10 biggest crowds
for a city less then a 10th of the size of Sydney

26,476 2010
25,253 1994
24,804 1993
24,781 1995
24,490 2012
24,460 1991
23,775 1995
23,603 2000
23,252 1991
22,892 1994

the last 2 finals in Canberra sold out in a day & a half
meanwhile in Sydney a finals double header fails to go near selling out in moderately sized venue in Allianz & another one involving souths & their 3 million members was smaller then all of the above crowds:eek:

lectures from dopey hypocrites
they're hilarious :lol:

Paullyboy

Coach
So do the ABC run an article about the crap crowd for the union tonight? Or is it just league who has to constantly justify the crowd for every match once again?

I've been living abroad for the last 2 years and you never once hear about crowd figures for any sport quite like the obsession the Australian media has with rugby league crowds for some reason.

RWB

Bench
:sarcasm:

:lol:

wow Einstein
we don't have a venue that holds 30K ... but lets not let little details like that get in the way of your stupidity eh :lol:

Raiders 10 biggest crowds
for a city less then a 10th of the size of Sydney

26,476 2010
25,253 1994
24,804 1993
24,781 1995
24,490 2012
24,460 1991
23,775 1995
23,603 2000
23,252 1991
22,892 1994

the last 2 finals in Canberra sold out in a day & a half
meanwhile in Sydney a finals double header fails to go near selling out in moderately sized venue in Allianz & another one involving souths & their 3 million members was smaller then all of the above crowds:eek:

lectures from dopey hypocrites
they're hilarious :lol:

Are those numbers spanning over 20 years supposed to be impressive or something? Tell us more about how everyone rallies for the Dragons clash.

A bit of humility would go a long way for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts