What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just watched the Raiders Knights replay.
The crowd seem usually fat up there or is this common for Australia now?
Seems like obesity has really taken hold since I left.

Haven't lived there since 05 so I'm out of touch.

All Newcastle fans are fat. It is weird, even Brisbane based ones - all obese.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I spent two grand for me and the mrs to watch the storms first home game. It was worth every cent! Brilliant game and what an experience for my first game at aami. Great stadium, well presented, great view, outstanding game and rocking atmosphere. Sorry but you do not get any of that watching on tv. Simply do not understand people who think watching their team on TV is better than going to the game and cheering them on. Maybe you should live without a team for a few years and realise what you would miss!

Are you serious, do you believe the average Mr and Mrs Joe could afford that.

I believe that paying $50 to watch realistically one game of league (NYC is usually shite) is over the top.

pHyR3

Juniors
dogs crowd looks weak.

scrap monday night footy, even thursday night footy is better for crowds than mondays i reckon. wonder what the stats say

I'd be surprised if there's 10k there tonight. Looks horrible.

Something needs to be done on Monday nights, especially if it isn't a big match up.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Are you serious, do you believe the average Mr and Mrs Joe could afford that.

I believe that paying $50 to watch realistically one game of league (NYC is usually shite) is over the top.

No I don't and most don't have to. When I hear it is too hard to travel 30mins, too expensive to pay $30, too wet/warm, stadium is too big/small/new/old and that it is better to just watch it on TV anyway I shake my head. As I said when going to a game is no longer an option people may realise what they are missing out on. Going to a game is ten times better than watching it on TV IMO.

Totally agree for me the NRL should bring in a standard pricing of:
Best seats $30
GA $20
Kids $5
Family 2+2 GA $35

It is ridiculous to expect fans to pay $60+ for 90mins when your team might be playing poorly and game day experience is shite.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
I'd be surprised if there's 10k there tonight. Looks horrible.

Something needs to be done on Monday nights, especially if it isn't a big match up.

be more than that

ANZ always makes crowds look stupid and i have no idea why at League grounds they always have the majority of the crowd seated on the same side as the camera :?

it would look better on TV if they put them on the opposite side

user_nat

Coach
be more than that

ANZ always makes crowds look stupid and i have no idea why at League grounds they always have the majority of the crowd seated on the same side as the camera :?

it would look better on TV if they put them on the opposite side

Because the sun.

I think this is why AAMI tends to look better than it actually is (unlike everywhere else), because for some reason more people sit on the ends.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Because the sun.

I think this is why AAMI tends to look better than it actually is (unlike everywhere else), because for some reason more people sit on the ends.

but they do it a night games too so that can't be the reason

do they do it at the SFS for Soccer and Yawnion games?

be interesting to know

maybe there's a valid reason like it's close to where the crowd enters

magpie4ever

First Grade
No I don't and most don't have to. When I hear it is too hard to travel 30mins, too expensive to pay $30, too wet/warm, stadium is too big/small/new/old and that it is better to just watch it on TV anyway I shake my head. As I said when going to a game is no longer an option people may realise what they are missing out on. Going to a game is ten times better than watching it on TV IMO.

Best seats $30
GA $20
Kids $5
Family 2+2 GA $35

It is ridiculous to expect fans to pay $60+ for 90mins when your team might be playing poorly and game day experience is shite.

These prices are going back a few years for most stadiums.

DC_fan

Coach

Best seats $30
GA $20
Kids $5
Family 2+2 GA $35

The NRL would probably say it's underpricing itself at those prices.

BunniesMan

Immortal
A round average of less than 20000 in a round that includes Broncos v Cowboys is not good. We're far from certain of even matching last years numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.