What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
MLB hasn't played a game in Australia in a hundred years. Once in a century is accurate.

For a lot of people, including many footy fans, seeing the Baseball this weekend would have been a priority. Just like it would have been in Melbourne if they played it there. It's had a lot of hype and people love a novelty show.

I'dave thought a city of 5mill plus could sustain three sports events in a weekend?

Springs

First Grade
I'm quite annoyed by these crowds. Tigers, Sharks, Broncos and Manly should have got way more. Honestly I thought there was more than posted at Cronulla and Manly.
Manly v Eels and Sharks v Dragons should be sellouts every time and Souths v Tigers should be looking at 30,000 at ANZ every time.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Canberra crowds the past couple of years is just shocking. why so low?

I would say apathy with an inconsistent team which promises much and delivers little on the field year on year.

Crowds on a whole this round slightly under par, Brisbane get a pass mark. I think the only people to blame are the fans, who seem glued to their lounges and apathetic all round no matter how their team is travelling. Hopefully though a strong turnaround from 2013 by the dragons and maybe tigers will give the average a boost.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Manly and Cronulla people are generally very insular types. They're not going to travel to a home game in the city. A Manly finals game got about 20k a few years ago at SFS.

But these clubs will just continue to be left behind if they keep it up.

Bunnyliar dribble again

Manly left behind?

Can someone please post a list of Manly finals campaigns over the last decade compared to say Souths

t-ba

Post Whore
Manly left behind?

Can someone please post a list of Manly finals campaigns over the last decade compared to say Souths

We're in the black financially as well :lol:

We're basically ticking all the boxes bar the ground and the crowds. And historically (pre-war) our crowds were great so it's probably just a matter of sorting that first issue out.

Bunnyliar dribble again

Manly left behind?

Finals averages
Year / Manly / Souths
2013 46655 33078
2012 26214 41993
2011 42618 n/a
2010 15574 n/a
2009 21155 n/a
2008 43903 n/a
2007 44596 19785
2006 27330 n/a
2005 19710 n/a
2004 n/a n/a

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bunnyliar dribble again

Manly left behind?

We're in the black financially as well :lol:

We're basically ticking all the boxes bar the ground and the crowds. And historically (pre-war) our crowds were great so it's probably just a matter of sorting that first issue out.

For now their crowds are essentially in line with a lot of other teams. But when other teams are averaging 20 and 25k and more the likes of Manly and Cronulla will be taking in significantly less money each week. That'll make a difference long term.

Red Bear

Referee
Bunnyliar dribble again

Manly left behind?

But that's not the argument in this case, it's about crowds etc, which Souths have been doing better than Manly.

I Know t-ba mentions it alot but Manly's support really got drilled more than most by the Super League war/failed merger, and now Brookvales capacity seems to get less and less they don't get the same crowds they used to there either. It does present a problem for them because, in its current state, Brookvale won't last forever, but they've become increasingly insular in their travelling support as well. Somethings going to give at some point, and it just seems unlikely that the sort of money that Brookvale needs spent on it will ever really become available

WaznTheGreat

Referee
23 games played and 13 of those with less crowds than what the 2 time defending wooden spoon champions got against an out of country team(Warriors),NRL needs a national punch a non Eels fan in the throat day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts