What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
GF replay will get about 25k IMHO

roosters v eels got like 14 in wet

Not sure why titans v NQ isn't the other Friday game ??

Instead titans get graveyard shift again

Suns would be dead by now if tv stations picked their timeslots

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Vlad would be proud.

the swans vs giants clash got over 32k last year, now the same game got a claimed 17k

thats down close to 50% sorry

Actually, sorry - you are incorrect.

Round one last year:
Saturday, 30 March (4:40 pm) Greater Western Sydney 11.10 (76) def. by Sydney 16.10 (106) ANZ Stadium (crowd: 23,690)

At ANZ instead of Showgrounds. 5k below in wet, hardly a disaster.

The second time they played at the SCG they got 21k.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
wow

bet the AFL media will be running with stories on how their crowds are down?

:lol:

I am no AFL supporter nor fan, however I will not be ignorant when speaking about their crowds.

If you look at the draw for the next few weeks there are close to 10 with the potential of 60k plus. Round one with NO MCG games, you can't compare that with last year when two games had over 76k. Silly.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Pormotion for the Perth game has been very low key (surprise surprise!). Didn't help they ditched the NRL covg this weekend on GEM for baseball, we usually see TV ads running during that. I'd say around 16k would be my guess but could be nicely surprised and see 20k turn out. Forecast looks perfect so lets see what roll up we get.
Would help if they weren't charging $50 a ticket to watch two neutral teams but I guess that is par for the course for NRL these days.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Actually, sorry - you are incorrect.

Round one last year:
Saturday, 30 March (4:40 pm) Greater Western Sydney 11.10 (76) def. by Sydney 16.10 (106) ANZ Stadium (crowd: 23,690)

At ANZ instead of Showgrounds. 5k below in wet, hardly a disaster.

The second time they played at the SCG they got 21k.

6k down is 30%

and why are you bringing up the weather?

and the crowd was a fiction anyway it was closer to half

the AFL crowds were done thats it

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Western Sydney Rothfields 12,128

3rd home game in a row they got less than what the NRL wooden spooners got against an out of country team(Warriors) lmao

Soccer is taking over

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

3rd home game in a row they got less than what the NRL wooden spooners got against an out of country team(Warriors) lmao

Soccer is taking over

I bloody love you. Always unbiased....

It was always gonna happen though. the WSW novelty would wear off and crowds would go down, the atmosphere declines and crowds go down more.

No one is actually there to watch the game....

georgesnmith

Juniors

Soccer is taking over

the new owners wont be happy.

At least this time Parramatta Leagues Club wont be funding the losses.

Parramatta is a rugby league heartland.

Billythekid

First Grade
Looking like another poor crowd. Was hoping for more as the storm normally seem to do well on Monday night. Hard to tell as always.

elbusto

Coach
Crowd in Melbourne looks disappointing but then again we say that every Monday night wherever the game is payed

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
i cant wait.

you let every one know how it goes eh? still wont change the fact on round 1.

YES - the crowds were down BUT - the fact is the AFL had two massive games at the MCG round one last year, none this year - that is where the missing people are - you are continuing to ignore this, open your eyes.

Bashing the AFL will not help league, I envy the AFL and the crowd culture they have.

Last edited:

georgesnmith

Juniors
YES - the crowds were down BUT - the fact is the AFL had two massive games at the MCG round one last year, none this year - that is where the missing people are - you are continuing to ignore this, open your eyes.

Bashing the AFL will not help league, I envy the AFL and the crowd culture they have.

crowds were down.

in reality the crowd in sydney (afl) was down over 50%

and two melbourne teams played before poor crowds

its not all rosy

if we charged $5 tickets im sure wed get similar crowds too.

LatK7

First Grade
I thought Melbourne crowds have been pretty good on Monday nights previously. Can't remember off the top of my head.

Melbourne has a really good Monday night crowd against Wests I think it was. Had a 'bring a mate for free' offer or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts