What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
'#NRL CROWDS: Compared to the first three rounds of 2013, 2014 crowd total is down 12,815. Average crowd is down 533 (16,948 - 16,415)'

Only down 12k which isn't too bad. With West Tigers/Dragons winning should see a drive up in attendance.

Red Bear

Referee
I like being behind the play watching sport, but elevated (which isn't often the cheap seats). Feel you get a better read of the game that way. Unfortunately bar a few examples in Australia you don't get any good league seats that fit that description. Northern Grandstand at Win maybe, and those little overhang balconies at Allianz. On the corner of the hill at Leichhardt isn't too bad either for that view actually, and in NSW Cup the top of the McCartney stand at NSO is pretty great view. Otherwise anything behind the goal is too far from the game.

Side on and close to the game is definitely better than being behind at a low angle/poor elevation.

Red Bear

Referee
'#NRL CROWDS: Compared to the first three rounds of 2013, 2014 crowd total is down 12,815. Average crowd is down 533 (16,948 - 16,415)'

Only down 12k which isn't too bad. With West Tigers/Dragons winning should see a drive up in attendance.
if Gold Coast and Canberra continue down this road though we could have a really poor couple of averages on our hands.

Still, only round three, no need to panic

if Gold Coast and Canberra continue down this road though we could have a really poor couple of averages on our hands.

Still, only round three, no need to panic

Gold Coast/Canberra can be balanced out by Dragons/West Tigers and a resurgence Penrith. The Cowboys crowds at the moment is bad relatively to season's past at the moment to be averaging 12k.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Taking a group of 13 to NIB in Perth Saturday for dogs v storm, had friends try and get tickets today and could only get seats in the corners or near the try line, looks like another good crowd for perth!!!

oikee

Juniors

It is bad, because they were also down last year, so it is a double drop,. Sattler is right, fans are walking the walk, talking the talk. Code in crisis meeting needed, the Strategy guy was sacked.
Game sinking faster than titantic on a clear night, no iceburg in sight.

Here are some Broncos Cows and titans stats. Broncos blockbuster between cows.
few years ago got 50 thousand, last year, 45 thousand, this year 42 thousand.

Cows, crowds going backwards by 4 thousand
Titans, a counted a dozen on one hand last weekend. They were toasting marshmellows in the stands.
Canberra, you could have thrown a towel over the fans .

juro

Bench
After 1 round:
- Total attendance = 126,590, worst since 2003 (7 games)
- Average attendance = 15,824, worst since 1998
- 63% of best average attendance (2011 = 25,039)

After 2 rounds:
- Total attendance = 264,395, worst since 2004 (14 games)
- Average attendance = 16,525, worst since 2003
- 82% of best average attendance (2006 = 20,220)

After 3 rounds:
- Total attendance = 393.408, worst since 2005 (21 games)
- Average attendance = 16,392, worst since 2003
- 84% of best average attendance (2006 = 19,482)

guyver78

Juniors
So 3 weeks into the season and it would appear that we are going backwards crowd wise. By the time the season finishes our crowd average for the year would have dropped this year.

So lets face it, for 1 reason or another people just don't see the value in attending an NRL game.

malleekid

Juniors
After 1 round:
- Total attendance = 126,590, worst since 2003 (7 games)
- Average attendance = 15,824, worst since 1998
- 63% of best average attendance (2011 = 25,039)

After 2 rounds:
- Total attendance = 264,395, worst since 2004 (14 games)
- Average attendance = 16,525, worst since 2003
- 82% of best average attendance (2006 = 20,220)

After 3 rounds:
- Total attendance = 393.408, worst since 2005 (21 games)

- Average attendance = 16,392, worst since 2003
- 84% of best average attendance (2006 = 19,482)

..or we could look at it this way, 2005 had the highest average ever yet also seemingly had a slow start. So we should remind ourselves it is round 3 with 23 more to go.

EDIT: Yes, i just remembered there was 3 less games. Apologies

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Parra and Penriff get better crowds when they play in Penriff cos all the Eels fans go there and help the crowd but when we play in Parra the Penriff fans are nowhere to be seen and the Eels are never travelling well enough to fill the stadium by themselves without the help of away fans.

Its about time these disgusting Penriff fans get out to Parra stadium and repay us the favour for once

My wife is a Para fan.

I'd go to Para matches but Para fans scare me.

Quite like Panfers though. And I like Gus Gould. And it's easy to get to Panfers and park. Cunnys at Para always have parking inspectors out to get you. f**k that shit.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Here are some Broncos Cows and titans stats. Broncos blockbuster between cows.
few years ago got 50 thousand, last year, 45 thousand, this year 42 thousand.

Last time we got 50k was 2008.

Last time we got 45k was 2011.

2012 - 43.1k
2013 - 42.5k
2014 - 42.3k

guyver78

Juniors
I wonder if they will sell out Origin games this year, especially with the ticket price increases at both ANZ & Suncorp.

I bet people just wont turn up, especially in Sydney.

$155 to literally sit behind the dead ball line which they still call GOLD. Thanks but no thanks...

georgesnmith

Juniors
with tigers and saints doing well be surprised if crowds are down from last year

if parra can get some form theyll get some large crowds at homebush as well.

id be surprised if we dont beat last year

the daily telegraph have no idea

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I wonder if they will sell out Origin games this year, especially with the ticket price increases at both ANZ & Suncorp.

I bet people just wont turn up, especially in Sydney.

$155 to literally sit behind the dead ball line which they still call GOLD. Thanks but no thanks...

Origin at Suncorp is absolutely ridiculous.

Cat 1 - $280
Cat 2 - $220
Cat 3 - Level 7 behind posts $80.

Im waiting until late may - when they put the restricted view on sale. They are never restricted to a point of no return. Unless you're 4 foot.

Ridiculous. I think they will sell out like last year, but it won't be full, again like last year.

Taking away from the grassroots supporters and handing it to the corporates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts