What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Bench
I wonder if they will sell out Origin games this year, especially with the ticket price increases at both ANZ & Suncorp.

I bet people just wont turn up, especially in Sydney.

$155 to literally sit behind the dead ball line which they still call GOLD. Thanks but no thanks...

Yeh it's crap, I remember when I was in High School and we used to organise a group to go; usually 10-15 people and tickets cost 20 bucks each to sit up the top. Which is what it'd cost to go to a movie or split a case of double blacks so it was reasonably priced and pretty easy to convince people to come along.

Couldn't imagine orgnasising it now with some mates at High School. $60 for a concession for the worst seats in the house.

I reckon it'll be lucky to get 60k, but if they do sell it out or go close to then fair enough credit has to go to the NRL. Economics 101, supply & demand.

georgesnmith

Juniors
similar ticket pricing to the grand final which sold out

origin is a marquee even good luck to the ARLC for making more money from it

brisbane always sells out, and homebush has only one game

RWB

Bench
similar ticket pricing to the grand final which sold out

origin is a marquee even good luck to the ARLC for making more money from it

brisbane always sells out, and homebush has only one game

There's 2 pretty significant differences to the Grand Final though.

1) It's on a Wednesday night and;
2) Watching your team in a Grand Final could be a once in a decade experience possibly longer, you just don't know. You've got a guaranteed 10-15 opportunities to go to an origin game in the same decade.

mave

Coach
weather is still good so alot of people head down to batemans bay etc
some would be at the baseball.
others watch on fox.
sunday night 6.30 pm

these are all the excuses some could use, however theres something bigger than that going on.

and thats the thing.

we arent. we arent buzzed about the raiders at all. there is a complete disconnect between the team and the community. has been since superleague probably.

i have lived in canberra my entire life. i went to all grades of school here and the ARL/NRL,Raiders whoever were never at anywhere i attended to do clinics etc.

there is a real disconnect betwee the community and the club.

of the 20 or so real footy supporting mates i have i couldnt name a raiders supporter. my facebook has about 250 friends on there and theres 2 people who i would legitimately consider "raiders supporters" only one of which is a member (or was last year)

they have lost like 8 home games in a row too. so that would hurt the crowds.

but largely...the community isnt behind the team. IMO

Maybe you guys chose the wrong side eh?

guyver78

Juniors
Origin at Suncorp is absolutely ridiculous.

Cat 1 - $280
Cat 2 - $220
Cat 3 - Level 7 behind posts $80.

Im waiting until late may - when they put the restricted view on sale. They are never restricted to a point of no return. Unless you're 4 foot.

Ridiculous. I think they will sell out like last year, but it won't be full, again like last year.

Taking away from the grassroots supporters and handing it to the corporates.

Doubt that it will be the case in Sydney

georgesnmith

Juniors

2) Watching your team in a Grand Final could be a once in a decade experience possibly longer, you just don't know. You've got a guaranteed 10-15 opportunities to go to an origin game in the same decade.

they are both fantastic in their own way.

i paid $250 x 2 for two origin tickets, im happy to do so.

the ARLC wants to increase non broadcast revenue, this is one way to do it

last year i paid $300 for GF tickets.

probably means the ARLC makes an extra $5 - $10 million ticket revenue from each game.

guyver78

Juniors

Exactly.
You can't compare GF to Origin. Your team playing in a GF is much much more valuable then an Origin game.
Only reason last year's GF tickets shot up that much in price is because it looked like a Souths v Roosters GF.
Does anybody think the tickets would still cost that much if it looked like it was going to be a Storm vs Sharks GF? Don't think so.

Brutus

Referee
Exactly.
You can't compare GF to Origin. Your team playing in a GF is much much more valuable then an Origin game.
Only reason last year's GF tickets shot up that much in price is because it looked like a Souths v Roosters GF.
Does anybody think the tickets would still cost that much if it looked like it was going to be a Storm vs Sharks GF? Don't think so.

Or a Storm v Roosters final.

A Sharks GF would have been huge do to the obvious reason.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Exactly.

Difference is origin has a whole state to appeal to as opposed to two sets of fans.

mattyg

Bench
SFS - 19,000 (Syd v Man)
WIN - 16,000 (STG v Bris)
AAMI - 18,000 (Bul v Mel)
Wellington - 17,000 (NZ v WST)
Pirtek - 15,000 (Parra v Pen)
ANZ - 15,000 (SS v Can)
Hunter - 20,000 (New v Cro)
Skilled - 11,000 (GC v NQ)

lockyno1

Post Whore
You would be VERY lucky to get 19K on a Friday night when Manly fans rarely travel! More like 14-15K.

pHyR3

Juniors
SFS - 19,000 (Syd v Man)
WIN - 16,000 (STG v Bris)
AAMI - 18,000 (Bul v Mel)
Wellington - 17,000 (NZ v WST)
Pirtek - 15,000 (Parra v Pen)
ANZ - 15,000 (SS v Can)
Hunter - 20,000 (New v Cro)
Skilled - 11,000 (GC v NQ)

SS vs Cantebury MUST pull more than 15k at ANZ surely??

18-20k is my prediction

135k aggregate for the round would be solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts