What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Doc

Coach
Should be a sell out or at least close to if it's marketed properly.

Parra is what 20 mins along the M4 from Penrith?

Both teams having great starts to the season...

This is where we need to get smarter in promoting games.

Penrith fans should be given an end of the field where their members can pre purchase tixs for half price up until say Thursday.

Get gould and co promoting hard to Penrith members, try and fill up one end of the ground. Do that and you have a sellout.

Panthers then do a similar arrangement for a couple of bays for the return match

georgesnmith

Juniors
Anyone can buy a maroons membership.

Up to two weeks ago they had only sold 3,700 out of about 12,000. So I think there will be a fair few that will get places back on sale.

Anyone who has missed out on BRONZE seating definitely has another chance, as well as restricted view (when on sale).

The corporate packages are crazy.

restricted view is on sale now

might be getting a ticket for origin 1.

Dogs Of War

Coach
This is where we need to get smarter in promoting games.

Penrith fans should be given an end of the field where their members can pre purchase tixs for half price up until say Thursday.

Get gould and co promoting hard to Penrith members, try and fill up one end of the ground. Do that and you have a sellout.

Panthers then do a similar arrangement for a couple of bays for the return match

Why would you sell half price tickets to one of Penriths premier matchups? It's like discounting tickets to a Saints vs Sharks clash.

georgesnmith

Juniors
300's are good, but if it rains you're fecked.

500s also good try get within rows 40-45.

600s are my personal favourite - but rows 60-65.

Event Information
Seating Information
Delivery Method
Quantity
Price?
Wed 28 May 2014 8:00PM
Suncorp Stadium
Castlemaine Street
Milton QLD 4064
Area: NTH
Category: Silver - Licensed
Section: 530
Row: 46
Seat/s: 13-14
Regular Mail
2 x Adult
$440.00

took your advice was either those or 330 row 28

This week has potential for good crowds surely this is the round things turn around.

Roosters/Manly: GF rematch/both teams have a fine start to season
Dragons/Broncos: Dragons 3-0 first game at WIN stadium.
Warriors/Tigers: big crowd potential at Westpac Stadium
Eels/Panthers: Western derby albeit the smallest of all the West Sydney derbies.
Bulldogs/Storm: in WA so a big crowd is expected if they want a team.

The other games should draw decent crowds with Souths getting the Sunday afternoon game there supporters desired. Newcastle tend to deliver no matter where there are on the ladder. Only the Monday game between NQ/GC has bad crowd potential.

guyver78

Juniors
I've never been to Suncorp before so I cant really comment but what's so good about it???

I think the SFS is the best ground for Rugby League games in Sydney, you're sitting fairly close to the action and the noise stays inside.

How does Suncorp compare to the SFS for those who have sat in the Cat 1 sections for both???

I'm curious about the Parra/Penrith rivalry, in comparison to the other West Sydney derbies where does it stack up Parra and Penrith supporters? As a rivalry where does it compare to other formidable rivalries for the respective teams.

georgesnmith

Juniors
I've never been to Suncorp before so I cant really comment but what's so good about it???

I think the SFS is the best ground for Rugby League games in Sydney, you're sitting fairly close to the action and the noise stays inside.

How does Suncorp compare to the SFS for those who have sat in the Cat 1 sections for both???

the stands are really steep so even if your 20 rows back you can hear the players

sat in the corner up the back and could see the action fine.

the only poor section is the 600s.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

I went to SFS with high expectations, and left disappointed.

Go to Suncorp and you will have an absolute ball, I promise you that.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
the stands are really steep so even if your 20 rows back you can hear the players

sat in the corner up the back and could see the action fine.

the only poor section is the 600s.

I LOVE the 600s. By far the best view, and are actually closer to the field than the eastern 700s. They have the better view, wider staircases and less crowded eateries and toilets.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Event Information
Seating Information
Delivery Method
Quantity
Price?
Wed 28 May 2014 8:00PM
Suncorp Stadium
Castlemaine Street
Milton QLD 4064
Area: NTH
Category: Silver - Licensed
Section: 530
Row: 46
Seat/s: 13-14
Regular Mail
2 x Adult
$440.00

took your advice was either those or 330 row 28

Good stuff. Enjoy!

t-ba

Post Whore
One thing I really enjoy about the crowds is that the code is in crisis until the record is beaten and then the media beats up the averages so that they can claim the code is in crisis once more. The text book example being 2006 when the second highest average in club history was branded a disaster by the media.

I think people might be pleasantly surprised this year. Or, conversely, many might be disappointed that their claims that the sky was falling in proved to be codswallop.

oikee

Juniors
It is the unique atmosphere which has been created by the fans.
The booing when any blues ex-player is shown on the big screens, Joey Johns is the best example.
The booing if NSW do anything wrong, the cheering if they make a mistake. The cheering for anything the Queenslanders do right and of course the famous call of the Queenslander.
The crowd never lets up for the whole 80 minutes, it is unique in sport.
There is none of this singing or chanting crap, no banging drums, no stadium calling on the microphone yelling out "come on dogs, or Cowboys.

It is pure crowd reaction and for all the highs and lows of the game.

You get caught up in the cesspool of a biased crowd who only has one thing on their mind.
Winning at all costs.
I have seen many nsw teams crumble here over the years. The best is when they say i love playing at Suncorp in front of that parochial crowd, it really makes me lift.
Mason, Gallen, Johns, they all have tried to turn the mighty cauldron into their own, all have failed.

It is also like another world as you walk into the stadium on Origin night.
With the added amps of Billy Moore winding up the crowd and the way the ground falls away from the platform you walk in at Street level, you feel like something special is about to happen, and it normally does.
Not sure how ANZ compares, but it must be up their now as well.
I turn the volume right up and let the speakers rattle the plates off the shelves and listen to the sweet harmony of the Origin crowd.
Been to about 10 games, and enjoyed every last one of them, a dead rubber was one of my all time favourites. When Matt Sing scored four tries that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts