What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Not sure how ANZ compares, but it must be up their now as well.

I love going to Origins at ANZ - the atmosphere isn't that bad there.

But lets face it, a firm majority is a rent-a-crowd (Blatchies) the amount of them that i have seen dumping their shirts is insane.

I get that the NSW public prefers club games. The other thing is at ANZ there are a fair few Queensland supporters that show up, at Suncorp its literally a dusting, if that.

guyver78

Juniors
It is the unique atmosphere which has been created by the fans.
The booing when any blues ex-player is shown on the big screens, Joey Johns is the best example.
The booing if NSW do anything wrong, the cheering if they make a mistake. The cheering for anything the Queenslanders do right and of course the famous call of the Queenslander.
The crowd never lets up for the whole 80 minutes, it is unique in sport.
There is none of this singing or chanting crap, no banging drums, no stadium calling on the microphone yelling out "come on dogs, or Cowboys.

It is pure crowd reaction and for all the highs and lows of the game.

You get caught up in the cesspool of a biased crowd who only has one thing on their mind.
Winning at all costs.
I have seen many nsw teams crumble here over the years. The best is when they say i love playing at Suncorp in front of that parochial crowd, it really makes me lift.
Mason, Gallen, Johns, they all have tried to turn the mighty cauldron into their own, all have failed.

It is also like another world as you walk into the stadium on Origin night.
With the added amps of Billy Moore winding up the crowd and the way the ground falls away from the platform you walk in at Street level, you feel like something special is about to happen, and it normally does.
Not sure how ANZ compares, but it must be up their now as well.
I turn the volume right up and let the speakers rattle the plates off the shelves and listen to the sweet harmony of the Origin crowd.
Been to about 10 games, and enjoyed every last one of them, a dead rubber was one of my all time favourites. When Matt Sing scored four tries that night.

But you get the same thing at ANZ when the stadium is packed to capacity with 82,000 people there.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Ticket Sales to Roosters V Manly very slow.

2 Reasons ...
Weather forcast

Price catagory 1 tickets $55.

Well that...and Manly don't travel and it is Friday night! Although I'm probably going to go to it, being a member allows me to choose though!

Ticket Sales to Roosters V Manly very slow.

2 Reasons ...
Weather forcast

Price category 1 tickets $55.

Price cat 1 tickets at half price ($27) and more people will go. Plus it's a GF rematch between two successful teams. For heaven sake what else does it take for people to go to a game.

oikee

Juniors
Roosters Manly rematch, surely that must break 30 thousand.
I cant understand how our so-called blockbusters are struggling to be blockbusters.
What's happened to our tribes, they all on holiday's.

A blockbuster has got to be at the very least 40 thousand.
50 thousand should be the blockbuster call.
A lot of this comes down to the fact that teams where they can create huge crowds (Parra, Dogs, Tigers, Penrith,) have the giant round stadium or their local home grounds which only hold 20 odd thousand.

The west needs a 50 thousand stadium. Build it and they will fill it.

morley101

Juniors
Roosters Manly rematch, surely that must break 30 thousand.
I cant understand how our so-called blockbusters are struggling to be blockbusters.
What's happened to our tribes, they all on holiday's.

A blockbuster has got to be at the very least 40 thousand.
50 thousand should be the blockbuster call.
A lot of this comes down to the fact that teams where they can create huge crowds (Parra, Dogs, Tigers, Penrith,) have the giant round stadium or their local home grounds which only hold 20 odd thousand.

The west needs a 50 thousand stadium. Build it and they will fill it.

We already have a ground that sits 45,000, it requires a proper roof to keep every spectator dry and warm.

oikee

Juniors
We already have a ground that sits 45,000, it requires a proper roof to keep every spectator dry and warm.

That is used by Roosters and Sydney FC, plus it is towards the city. no.

They have 9 league teams, two soccer teams, a union teams, plus internationals of all these codes.
Sydney really needs another stadium. And if they expand Brisbane, they will need another stadium as well one day.
Two stadiums for all those codes and games is not enough.
I am surprised nobody has cottoned on to this yet.

Suncorp is being ripped to pieces from over use.

To grow crowds nicely in a great enviroment, then a 50 thousand stadium out west is the best way to do that. Hardly ever do they need the 80 thousand stadium, as we all know, plus you lose atmosphere at ANZ.

With the second airport coming on line in the future, it is in Sydney's best interest to build another big stadium, like Suncorp. It will grow the code as well.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal

Won't be many good crowds besides ours for our first Sunday arvo game at ANZ in 2 years.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I'm curious about the Parra/Penrith rivalry, in comparison to the other West Sydney derbies where does it stack up Parra and Penrith supporters? As a rivalry where does it compare to other formidable rivalries for the respective teams.

It's unique. Parra fans don't really care. Penrith are just another team. Sure they're close by, but we don't really mind. A lot of Parra fans have a bit of a soft spot for Penrith, being close by.

From what I've seen (first hand), Penrith seem to have a bit of a chip on their shoulder. A little brother syndrome. The "we hate Parra" chants are hilarious. It's as if they've manufactured the hate for some reason. Maybe because Penrith have no real draw card matches, no real rivalry.

Our rivalry with Penrith, IMO, rates below our rivalry with the Dogs and Manly. And I'd say our games against Melbourne are getting up there.

georgesnmith

Juniors
I love going to Origins at ANZ - the atmosphere isn't that bad there.

But lets face it, a firm majority is a rent-a-crowd (Blatchies) the amount of them that i have seen dumping their shirts is insane.

I get that the NSW public prefers club games. The other thing is at ANZ there are a fair few Queensland supporters that show up, at Suncorp its literally a dusting, if that.

ANZ last year for origin was crazy

the nsw public are really getting behind the team,

its getting bigger every year.

and the cheapest seats i think are $50 for adults, i paid $255 for category 2 tickets

yeh they can sit the other 20k in the SCG and watch on a big screen

Didn't think of that.

You should work for the NRL. You're an ideas man. That is a fantastic way to boost crowds.

Say, normal prices for SFS, free entry to SCG to watch on the big screens.

Hey, David Smith should show the match live on the MCGs screens and claim the 80,000 at the G watching Essendon and Hawthorn too.

Shit?I'm an ideas man now.

We should start a company. Consulting to the NRL.

No reason why we shouldn't sell out the SCG. It's the Grand Final rematch after all.

You should sell out SFS, SCG and ANZ. Imagine that. A crowd of 160,000 and couple that to the MCG crowd, we're looking at 240,000 just for one game.

Roosters should be crowing long and loud, encouraging all and sundry to turn up for this.

Seriously, if they don't get 240,000, then there's something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.