What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springs

First Grade
That's hardly 'drawing the short straw'. Penrith should be promoting their rivalry with Parra the best they can. Their matches against Roosters, Sharks and Raiders should also be big.
Rivalries aren't just gifted to teams. If there is history between two clubs then the clubs should promote it.

Brutus

Referee
How are tickets selling for the Easts Tigers v PNG Hunters blockbuster at Langlands Park on Sunday?

guyver78

Juniors
The way the rain has been coming down last night we'll be very lucky to crack 15,000 tomorrow night .

Looking at the forecast there's no sign of the rain stopping either until at least Saturday at this stage.

Not looking too good for tomorrow night.

Canard

Immortal
Lots of factors i think mate.

-this generation hitting 18-19 years old don't remember a time when we had nothing up there. They've become complacent and whilst they say they are 'fans', hardly ever show up to games because they take it for granted having a team in the NRL.

- the out of towners are the ones whom suffered the most during the GFC, beef dramas with indo, Larry/Yasi. Alot of these people just stay at home now and watch on fox as it's much cheaper than driving a few hours to a game, staying the night, piss food. A lot of these people had season tickets but when times got tough started to stay at home and got used to it and never returned. i had some cane farmers in my area and they all slowly gave up coming to games because of the cost and it was easier to watch on fox

-the gameday experience is getting worse and worse.food and drink is just ridiculous, I think it's $8.50+ for a spirit now?

-the stadium is a piece of shit when it rains. The NRL (and I know I have been banging on about this a fair but so apologies) but they have to stop biasing our draw to having a lot of home games during the early rounds. The roads get cut so easily in the wet season, people just aren't prepared to risk a few days stuck in the 'ville because they foolishly decided to go to a cowboys game. Plus sitting out in the rain with no protection, whilst I will do it and have done it god knows how many times, a lot of people just aren't prepared to got that extra mile when required.

I am just as annoyed and disappointed as everyone in our crowds. We have always been a good club with great support, I mean the only thing that saved the club from folding was the crowds, but people are just very reluctant to go to games up there.

Nailed it, to me the Townsville based crowd is still turning up, its the out of town element that have just stopped. Frankly as a long term Cairns(now ex) resident, I can imagine a 700k round trip to watch a team consistently be poor was just getting to be too much. I think thats a fact with a lot of people now.

Its one reason why a CQ team, with even less population to draw on, is unlikely to ever happen.

oikee

Juniors
Nailed it, to me the Townsville based crowd is still turning up, its the out of town element that have just stopped. Frankly as a long term Cairns(now ex) resident, I can imagine a 700k round trip to watch a team consistently be poor was just getting to be too much. I think thats a fact with a lot of people now.

Its one reason why a CQ team, with even less population to draw on, is unlikely to ever happen.

Nailed it, yes the stadiums that the NRL use are crap. Except for suncorp which only one team has the use of, and Sydney Footy Stadium, which the Roosters use.
Melbourne had a new one built, which was nice of them down south.
NZ needs a new stadium or they will start losing crowds if they have to play out of Eden Park too often.
Townsville i read were supposed to be getting a new stadium built closer to the city.
That should be fast tracked.
Same as Canberra.
Our code is suffering because our stadium experience is shite.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Penrith should be hyping up every game against the 3 other western sydney teams as a big rivalry grudge match.

guyver78

Juniors
Nailed it, yes the stadiums that the NRL use are crap. Except for suncorp which only one team has the use of, and Sydney Footy Stadium, which the Roosters use.
Melbourne had a new one built, which was nice of them down south.
NZ needs a new stadium or they will start losing crowds if they have to play out of Eden Park too often.
Townsville i read were supposed to be getting a new stadium built closer to the city.
That should be fast tracked.
Same as Canberra.
Our code is suffering because our stadium experience is shite.

Problem is where do we get the $$$ from to build more stadiums in sydney? 1 in Penrith makes sense but the Govt just isnt going to build another stadium anywhere near Sydney, even if they did want to where in Sydney would you build one???

Land is ridiculously expensive in Sydney and considering we have a stadium that fits 44,000 and one that fits 83,000 this just isn't going to happen.

What this means for the Dragons, Tigers, Eels and possibly even Sea Eagles/Sharks is that sooner or later they will be forced to play 90% of their home games out of either ANZ or SFS, it's already happening.

We're just the first generation of whingers but 10 years from now it will just be normal when the Tigers for instance are playing all their home games out of ANZ and only taking their pre-season games back to Campbelltown and Laichardt.

franklin2323

Immortal
Should be a sell out or at least close to if it's marketed properly.

Parra is what 20 mins along the M4 from Penrith?

Both teams having great starts to the season...

You would think so. I have a few going with me asked another 3 or 4 all said not paying to watch Parra until they are decent and drink watered down beer. There's always a decent about of Panthers supporters there but plenty don't go to any away games

RWB

Bench
Maybe not now... looks like this crap weather that was predicted to stop on Wednesday is going to carry well into the weekend.

LJC

Juniors
As a member of the Roosters, I am very disappointed that their is no reciprocal ticket arrangement between the Dragons & Roosters for the Anzac Day game. This being an annual clash and at the same ground each season is a must for a reciprocal ticket arrangement.

I'm pretty sure their was such a deal a few years ago but the powers that be seem to have knocked this on the head?

I hope I have been informed wrongly but if not, its another example of the lack of feeling and poor fan friendly outcomes the fans have to endure.

RWB

Bench
As a member of the Roosters, I am very disappointed that their is no reciprocal ticket arrangement between the Dragons & Roosters for the Anzac Day game. This being an annual clash and at the same ground each season is a must for a reciprocal ticket arrangement.

I'm pretty sure their was such a deal a few years ago but the powers that be seem to have knocked this on the head?

I hope I have been informed wrongly but if not, its another example of the lack of feeling and poor fan friendly outcomes the fans have to endure.

Nah I couldn't disagree more, there shouldn't be reciprocal rights for what is such a huge game & one that should sell out every year from now. There was a discount period for all Roosters members and that's more than fair enough imo.

Saint Doc

Coach

There is a gate sharing arrangement where the two clubs split that gate every year regardless of who's home game it is.

Reciprocal rights are good to boost crowds that wouldn't sell out anyway. This crowd will be 35k+ forever more so there is no need to give tickets away.

Plus us dragons members don't automatically get it. Since it's our only game there of the year, it is an opt-in membership rather than an automatic. Despite the fact we're closing in on 17k members,I doubt more than 1k added this game on. Why bother when you could just buy a ticket the week leading up to the game, and easily sit with mates who are neutrals/not members

morley101

Juniors
Maybe not now... looks like this crap weather that was predicted to stop on Wednesday is going to carry well into the weekend.

Weather forcast looking a little bit better for tomorrow...

Cloudy. Areas of rain, easing to isolated showers in the afternoon, clearing during the evening.

LJC

Juniors
Nah I couldn't disagree more, there shouldn't be reciprocal rights for what is such a huge game & one that should sell out every year from now. There was a discount period for all Roosters members and that's more than fair enough imo.

We disagree. Fair enough.

I think the attractiveness of being a member is benefitted by such reciprocal arrangements. After all this is what the NRL are pushing.

Deals like that and other reciprocal ticket relationships are a great way of enticing greater memberships. Otherwise the membership thing is not so attractive. If that's what the powers that be want(more members) then this sort of arrangement should be the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts