What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Doc

Coach
We disagree. Fair enough.

I think the attractiveness of being a member is benefitted by such reciprocal arrangements. After all this is what the NRL are pushing.

Deals like that and other reciprocal ticket relationships are a great way of enticing greater memberships. Otherwise the membership thing is not so attractive. If that's what the powers that be want(more members) then this sort of arrangement should be the norm.

Honestly how many Roosters fans are refusing to buy a membership this year because they don't get free entry to ANZAC game? 3? 8? 25?

How many less tickets would the Dragons be able to sell and make money from if they let all roosters members in for free? 10-14,000?

It doesn't make sense.

What would make sense is an add on to any roosters membership when you sign up. Eg. $149 general admission to all roosters home games, and when you click on it, it asks would you like to include the ANZAC game for $169 total?

RWB

Bench
We disagree. Fair enough.

I think the attractiveness of being a member is benefitted by such reciprocal arrangements. After all this is what the NRL are pushing.

Deals like that and other reciprocal ticket relationships are a great way of enticing greater memberships. Otherwise the membership thing is not so attractive. If that's what the powers that be want(more members) then this sort of arrangement should be the norm.

One of the main issues I see with it is this game would be quite a significant chunk of money for the club, if they give that up to allow reciprocal rights to Dragons and Roosters members then they're going to have to make back that money somewhere. Given the increased value memberships would now have for reciprocal rights you know where they're going to try and make it back....

It's a fine line between looking after your supporters wants and making sure that their club is financially viable. Some decisions quite frankly just need to be about the money. The tickets are well priced, a bargain actually if you ask me given the popularity of this game and on top of that Roosters members got a discount.

It seems fair enough to me all things considered.

Saint Doc

Coach
How good is this? Hope it's well publicised

@michaeljnrl: The under cover Eastern upper deck will be open at @AllianzStadium for GA ticket holders at tomorrow night's GF rematch

@NRL: #NRLSydMan Update: the upper deck undercover seating on eastern side (Gate G) is open - all ticketholders are assured undercover seats.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Just mentioned by Slats on TFS. We've shared the info via LU Twitter as well

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
How good is this? Hope it's well publicised

@michaeljnrl: The under cover Eastern upper deck will be open at @AllianzStadium for GA ticket holders at tomorrow night's GF rematch

@NRL: #NRLSydMan Update: the upper deck undercover seating on eastern side (Gate G) is open - all ticketholders are assured undercover seats.

I would say this is a negative...

They must not be anticipating a big crowd.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I would say this is a negative...

They must not be anticipating a big crowd.

People laughed at me saying they would be lucky to get 17k....seriously that is AT THE MOST! Dreadful timeslot for this game...put it on Sunday afternoon and it gets 25-30k

RWB

Bench
The upper deck are awesome seats anyway imo. Getting up there for GA prices is a win for everyone.

Looks like it'll be a pretty gloomy day tomorrow though. Predicting somewhere between 14-16k.

RWB

Bench
Gonna look pretty crap on TV
If it doesn't rain about 6k will just walk upstairs

Leaving lower bowl very sparse

Does it really matter what it looks like? Such a superficial thing to worry about.

The match day experience for those who show up is surely a far higher priority. Dry seats & peace of mind.

papabear

Juniors
Does it really matter what it looks like? Such a superficial thing to worry about.

The match day experience for those who show up is surely a far higher priority. Dry seats & peace of mind.

100% agree.

great move by the nrl / roosters

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looks like about 15k sold so far at nib. Not bad with hardly any advertising and tickets costing $36-52!

Should be a reasonable walk up if rain holds off.

guyver78

Juniors
The upper deck are awesome seats anyway imo. Getting up there for GA prices is a win for everyone.

Looks like it'll be a pretty gloomy day tomorrow though. Predicting somewhere between 14-16k.

Or you can stay dry and do what most people will which is stay home in front of their 60inch TV and watch the live Telecast there.

I now doubt they will even crack 15,000

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
62000 - great crowd but down 18000 on last year.

I will admit that I was expecting at least 10,000 more.

For 80,000 to show up on a Thursday night conditions must be impeccable, yesterday was a wet old Melbourne day.

Essendon v Hawthorn at Etihad is a complete sell-out. So I remain envious.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
People laughed at me saying they would be lucky to get 17k....seriously that is AT THE MOST! Dreadful timeslot for this game...put it on Sunday afternoon and it gets 25-30k

I agree.

Surely tv viewings will be great... Right....

Could be embarrassing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts