What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Mk 3

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Superb crowd, superb atmosphere, both sets of fans to be applauded. Seemed to be reasonably well behaved too.

Jason Maher

Immortal
So, if this is true, why is it that 4000 less people showed up to watch you play the Doggies tonight compared to Parra in 09? Which was on a Friday night too. And also at a time when memberships weren't at the heights that they are today?

:lol: How long are you Eels fans going to live off that crowd?

the dude

Juniors
Crowd was well behaved, it's good that the Dogs have turned it around off the field.

A good night for rugby league. Would've been a better night for rugby league if Souths had won!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How would you compare it to 09 Parra ??

It's hard for me to compare - last time I was literally on the halfway split in bay 107, this time I was deep in the Dogs Cat 3 area.

Both tremendous atmosphere. Can't split em.

gunpk

Juniors
Question for people who went to the game.
I know it would be hard to tell but were there more Dogs fans or souths fans at the game? I remember reading that Souths fans had bought much more tickets but it looked like there were more Dogs fans on TV. Maybe it was because of the blue seats?
Anyway, excellent crowd today. Looked fantastic.

BranVan3000

Coach
I know it would be hard to tell but were there more Dogs fans or souths fans at the game? I remember reading that Souths fans had bought much more tickets but it looked like there were more Dogs fans on TV. Maybe it was because of the blue seats?

Impossible to split really

Teddyboy

First Grade
I wonder how long before the NRL will get 40k plus at most games at ANZ for the regular season alongside 20k plus for the SFS.
Rugby League so looks a million times better played in front of big crowds like that.

mattyg

Bench

I was at the game...it was something special and i'll remember it for the rest of my life. IMO it was a deadset 50/50 split and as you'd expect. Dogs fans made more noise but maybe thats my opinion from sitting down the dogs end...we made an awesome atmosphere...when you hear the chants going up 1hr before kickoff it is definately something else. We need more of this in league, i can't praise the nrl enough for the way they organise the crowd for prelim finals at ANZ. I was there in 09 for parra v dogs and again tonight and it beats origin and GF for atmosphere. I can't believe anyone can bag ANZ stadium after something like that!!

bobmar28

Bench

We were behind the goal in Dogs cat 3 and there seemed to be quite a few bunnies fans there. why were they even there?

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
The atmos wasn't anywhere near Dogs v Parra 09. When both sets of fans were chanting away in the first half in was great but souths fans were a little deflated when reynolds went off and those two Dogs' tries just before the break really killed their spirit.

I'm sure the dogs section of the crowd was still pumping throughout the entirity of the game though.

Saint Doc

Coach
It always seems like there is more fans of the team that dominated. 5 tries to 1, a lot more opportunities for dogs to make noise. Also it always feels like there are more fans of the team who's end you sit at.

I wasn't there, but on tv it looked 50:50

Latest posts