What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Well Well Well you cant take one stat seriously, here is the bigger picture :)
The Average attendances for both grounds since the joint venture:

Kogarah-57 games -14227
WIN- 95 games- 13055

Interesting stats, however the basis of the topic is Bronco games.

The Jubilee / WIN ratio is way outta wack for me. That's more than 2 games extra a season down at the Gong, since this grand entity burst from Dousty's arse and has had us talking ever since.

Big Norm

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Interesting stats, however the basis of the topic is Bronco games.

The Jubilee / WIN ratio is way outta wack for me. That's more than 2 games extra a season down at the Gong, since this grand entity burst from Dousty's arse and has had us talking ever since.

Big Norm
Yes, but we kept getting told that St George isn't doing enough for the Illawarra.

Almost twice as many games in Wollongong, and the fella below was most likely one of the no-shows.
Maybe if the club tried a bit harder to identify themselves with the area
I think Silky has done a runner.

moik

Bench
What happened to "well well well"?
I still stand by it.

It was an interesting stat in a thread that's bagging off the gong crowd.

Fwiw I'm disappointed in the poor crowds at both WIN and Kogarah. If I lived down there I'd sure as hell attend every home game and most away games.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's alright moik, you're a good egg. You know I'm just jiving with you.

But quite frankly I assumed that there would be a decent sized crowd at Wollongong. Traditionally the gong does OK when the Broncos come to town, and it was the first game of the year there, and we had 3 wins in a row. But the crowd average appears to have taken a dip.

In any case, there's lots of ways you can read statistics. For example, the Kogarah crowd average for Broncos games is still higher than the last Wollongong game. There's only three things to say to that... well well well.

big pat

Coach

But quite frankly I assumed that there would be a decent sized crowd at Wollongong. Traditionally the gong does OK when the Broncos come to town, and it was the first game of the year there, and we had 3 wins in a row. But the crowd average appears to have taken a dip.

In any case, there's lots of ways you can read statistics. For example, the Kogarah crowd average for Broncos games is still higher than the last Wollongong game. There's only three things to say to that... well well well.[/QUOT

the warriors game will be interesting, the last few years crowds for this game at the gong haven't been too bad, bondi to kogarah, should be a bit easier for our kiwi friends.

moik

Bench

In any case, there's lots of ways you can read statistics. For example, the Kogarah crowd average for Broncos games is still higher than the last Wollongong game. There's only three things to say to that... well well well.
Haha. Yeah you're right. Sitting top of the table and playing the Nags I expected better. They have had a lot of rain/flooding the week prior. That could have had a bearing. Who knows.

moik

Bench
Home crowd averages in the glory days of '09 '10 and '11 were up over 15000 or thereabouts for both venues. Success breeds big crowds.

Father Ted

First Grade
Well Well Well you cant take one stat seriously, here is the bigger picture :)
The Average attendances for both grounds since the joint venture:

Kogarah-57 games -14227
WIN- 95 games- 13055

Kogarah has been ripped off ,,,,,,57/95 .

Maximus

Coach
Is it just me or is anyone else really looking forward to hearing what Dragonboyd, Twenty10 and others have to say about tonight's crowd after this thread?

10,559 on Easter saturday, with perfect weather and the first game at Kogarah.

Must've been heart-breaking to be playing for the proudest club that gets 10000 on a saturday night. In the future bring these games to Wollongong on a saturday night, no doubt.

chillwinston

Juniors
I think I know why...

People must of caught wind of the snack stand running out of sauce!! I mean serioussssssssssly, I was appalled that I couldn't have my traditional Hot Dog with Mustard and tomato sauce, all they could offer was a small packet of salt! Way to ruin the game for me geniuss! lol

I was on the member stands right near where the players run out. Did anyone else encounter this problem elsewhere in the ground?

.....on the plus side, we won!

TruSaint

Referee
Didn't stop 43k turning up to watch Souths v Bulldogs, or 22k watching Knights v Broncos.

1. Saturday.
2. 5.30 pm.
3. Inter-COUNTRY side.

Am I happy... NO.
But lets compare apples with apples.

Bunnies v Dogs... 2 local clubs at a neutral venue Friday.