What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily Telecrap at their lowest - Rugby league is not a sport, it's an atrocity

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Reasoning behind the article "tv rights". I was at the scg today, spoke with a Ch9 exec, his view, $800m at tops for rl.

Before you all whinge he already had a systematic breakdown of all viewerships and advertising expectations, and this after a couple of frofies.

My question to him was, with better rating than the AFL hoe can you quantify these numbers he retired with:

Attendance
National audience
Female fans

I asked is that accurate? He said that the Sydney media is simply
Insular to the greater Australian market, which takes in the market of Perth where more millionaires reside per capita than any other city.

My apologies I've been on the tins myself.

Met up with Eddie everywhere in the boggers huh?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Has the article been pulled down? I cant see it on league central or the sport homepage?

Read at lunch at work and have to say that apart from being 99% bullshit, the daily telegraph have really hit rock bottom allowing this to be published. Who was the guy anyway, certainly not a news ltd RL journo name that i know of?

Anyway, time to boycott the DT. Whos up for it? If league fans do it on mass we can send a message.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Has the article been pulled down? I cant see it on league central or the sport homepage?

Read at lunch at work and have to say that apart from being 99% bullshit, the daily telegraph have really hit rock bottom allowing this to be published. Who was the guy anyway, certainly not a news ltd RL journo name that i know of?

Anyway, time to boycott the DT. Whos up for it? If league fans do it on mass we can send a message.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/

On the front page with well over 200 comments, mine didn't get through though.

El Diablo

Post Whore
the author was the deputy editor of the DT's carsguides section

i see they have even tried to distance themselves from him

Carsguide_G_grey_normal.png

Carsguide Carsguide.com.au @

@PatrickBratin15 Please note Pottinger is Deputy Editor of Carsguide 4 Daily Telegraph not http://Carsguide.com.au we dont agree with his views

Carsguide_G_grey_normal.png

Carsguide Carsguide.com.au @

@markMGgeyer Hi, please note Mr Pottinger piece was a personal opinion. His heretical views in no way reflect those of http://Carsguide.com.au

Perth Red

Post Whore
And a hell of a lot more than 3 out of 10 readers do care!

Given 80% of NSW people do not watch RL then I think it is fair to assume 70% of the Tele's readership are not what you would call fans, unless their target market is the RL fans demographic, but given the drivel they write about the game I would find that hard to belive!

taipan

Referee
Nobodies got through!

Anyone send an email to the author?

Made three attempts,with different aspects .Non inflammmatory,but pro rl.Not one got through,and I have had my share of responses get through on other subjects with that paper.
Methinks censorship is alive and well at the Terror.

sheepbender

Juniors
If you look this Paul Pottinger up on Carsguide, hes a fairly negative bloke anyway, perhaps he just hates everything..

no name

Coach
"I live in Sydney......"
"I grew up watching RL......"
Tell tale signs of someone talking shit.

Coastbloke

Bench
Made three attempts,with different aspects .Non inflammmatory,but pro rl.Not one got through,and I have had my share of responses get through on other subjects with that paper.
Methinks censorship is alive and well at the Terror.

:lol: sorry to go OT, but try Family Law and the general media and see how you go..

We're talking Nth Korea analogies here in terms of censorship..

lol Daily Telegraph scum actions:

Step 1.Ask editor of a car selling company to write an article.

Step 2. Editor writes article flaming Rugby league.

Step 3. DT print article in hopes it will enrage people and increase views of said article

Step 4. Everyones gonna get mad so DT thinks "hey lets deflect the blame"

Step 5. DT puts disclaimer:

"Paul Pottinger is Deputy Editor of Carsguide. His heretical views in no way reflect those of The Daily Telegraph, which knows that rugby league is the greatest game in the world. Miranda Devine returns next week"

Step 6. News limited yet again makes money by pissing off RL and RL fans.

AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES !