What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dale Husband

NZ Warrior

First Grade
According to Halligan, Lewis Brown has now signed for the Wests Tigers and Nathan Fien is still playing for the Warriors.

#getaf**kingclueman

samsonite

Juniors
Husband is great, a real breath of fresh air to have a kiwi 'leaguie' offering some insight on the players background..much better than hearing Costo talk about Shaneo playing for the Mt Isa Mudcrabs when he was a nippa

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He doesn't seem to understand the game, has poor atention to detail. Even last night there were situations when he had no idea what certain ref decisions were for when it was obvious, so he just made up something.
The whole production is quite poor, they don't replay stuff that is worth looking at, like an analysis of quality set plays etc.
That's the thing I like about Channel 9, they're onto the interesing details in a flash with their replays.

This reminded me, when Lewis Brown produced a one-on-one strip at marker and was penalised (why???? there was clearly no one else there) Husband was debating as to whether it was a strip or he just dropped it. Clearly was stripped, but never was a penalty. Pretty average.

In that case Brown actually hit the bloke's arm who dropped the ball. The penaly was for Brown apparently moving too early from marker, which I didn't agree with. Husband had no idea what was going on.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
I know he cops a bit here on the forums for his pronunciations of certain names, but he is spot on with Mateos name. I think we are all just used to hearing what hes been called since he started playing 'Matayo'.

Some call him a try hard but its very refreshing to hear names been called properly.
Didn't Manus name get cleaned up a few seasons ago with the proper pronunciation of Vatuvei instead of 'Vatuv-Eye'?lol.

Micistm

Bench
Fact: Dale is better than most of what australia dish up for commentators bar Sterlo, Gus, Voss, Smith. I also like Molan. The rest are like the Auckland Blues form atm Plain Rubbish.

That's my point...ours have their moments but IMO are not nearly as bad as made out, and the 'second stringer' aussies are terrible, but no one seems to have an issue with that. Weird.

shinobi

Juniors
I know he cops a bit here on the forums for his pronunciations of certain names, but he is spot on with Mateos name. I think we are all just used to hearing what hes been called since he started playing 'Matayo'.

Some call him a try hard but its very refreshing to hear names been called properly.
Didn't Manus name get cleaned up a few seasons ago with the proper pronunciation of Vatuvei instead of 'Vatuv-Eye'?lol.

yeah but they still say Maaaaanu instead of just Manu.

JoeD

First Grade
but no one seems to have an issue with that. Weird.

Umm . . . There s a thread every week about how shit the Aussie commentators are. Jungle ball being the latest.

JoeD

First Grade
I think most of the problem with the sky commentators is right now they're all very similar. Yes husband is a bit dim and not sure what's going on (kinda like rabs) but he's enthusiastic and knows the player history. He needs someone analytical (who is actually watching the game) with half a brain to back him up and correct him when he doesn't know what's going on (sterlo equivalent). Instead he's got brain dead halligan who is just as clueless as he is.

jeffrow

Juniors
its like he only watches one game a week and thats the one he is commentating.. seems a bit out of touch.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
What's Ken Laban up to? Haven't heard him on the rugby lately. Get him in there.

My favourite moment of the week was Daryl Halligan, and his summary of the Broncos.

'The Broncos bring two key factors into this game. One is momentum, the other is a streak of wins.'

Clearly, two completely different things.

ozenzud

Juniors
Well I'll take the guys with poly and maori credientials on pronunciation, but I couldn't work out who Husband was talking about. I thought he was saying Matai.....

As for correct pronunciation, why should Australians talk with a New Zealand accent? Anybody with the name spelt "grant" is graaant to me, not grunnnt.

Paris is Paris in English, Pareeee in French, Parigi (parrriigeee) in Italian. Whos right? Your accent is your own, not somebody elses.

Yer I sorta like Husband, but I agree there ain't much analysising going on.

Latest posts