What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dale Husband

Meth

Staff member
McIvor knows zero about Rugby League and is a Bulldogs fan. Why is he anywhere?

hitman82

Bench
McIvor knows zero about Rugby League and is a Bulldogs fan. Why is he anywhere?

Put it this way, if he was watching a game of league with me in my lounge, I have no doubt I'd:
-correct him at least 5 times
-tell him to STFU at least 10 times
-have to drink a lot to suppress violent urges
-eventually throw the googly little creep over the fence into my neighbour's property, where he could make better use of his skills chasing chickens around in circles

(I do like his passion for the game though).

Meth

Staff member
I think McIvor is an unabashed Bulldogs' fan with a soft spot for the Warriors.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Dale is the man!
He's passionate about the game
Has a history in the game

Stephen McIvor is average commentator, bad boxer and an OK yet slightly weird host.
He must drop his saying 'He's a special'

Jason Costigan was just annoying and a one eyed Australian but I really didn't mind him.

Daryl Halligan has been the common factor - He is the worst commentator end of story!

And the end of the day it shows me one think Sky Television have no idea what they are doing, even there game day graphics are old and lame.

Keep Dale he does a good job.

_addict

Juniors
Haha, it was pretty funny in the main NRL forum where they thought Halligan was referring to Barba as "a n*****":lol:. He is woeful as a commentator though

Rich102

Staff member
I laughed at this from McIvor yesterday:
(Talking about Collier)
"Such a tryscorer with the boot last year."

Husband for me.:thumn

IanG

Coach
I couldn't hear it last night. Down at the cluband the sound on the TV was so low you couldn't hear it cause the stupid cow who put the big screen on put in on the wrong channel and they had the Rah Rahs on.

The sports lounge still had the bloody races on.

Warmess

Juniors
I got really annoyed with how many times he got players names muddled up or just straight up wrong. It's a pet peeve of mine, and worst of all it wasnt just the Titans players... He called Friend "Jake Friend" at one point.

Iafeta

Referee
I agree with Lego Man's comments in the main forum. This try-hard stuff is nonsense, particularly on Mateo. I get what he's trying to do, which is cool, but I would have thought the first golden rule on commentary would be to find out how the player pronounces his name, and out of respect, follow it. Mateo doesn't pronounce it like a transient gimp.

IanG

Coach
I got really annoyed with how many times he got players names muddled up or just straight up wrong. It's a pet peeve of mine, and worst of all it wasnt just the Titans players... He called Friend "Jake Friend" at one point.

Yeah confused with Nathan Friend. I don't think they're even related

Lego_Man

First Grade
Just watching the highlights package and Husband calls the Titans Dominique Peyroux, "Pour-o".

He's clearly a nutbar.

MKEB...

Staff member
Just watching the highlights package and Husband calls the Titans Dominique Peyroux, "Pour-o".

He's clearly a nutbar.

I would have committed a terrible Freudian slip and called him "Dominatrix Pay-rox". Freudian slip or Asterix character , one of the two.

Latest posts