What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M's

Mr Saab

Referee
strewth_mate said:
Lockyer once got MOM in a losing QLD side, though I note the irrelevance

that is extremely inoccorect. The last player to win a MOM in a losing origin side was S Walters in 1991.
Lockyer has not won MOM from a losing side...ever

Mr Saab

Referee
the brisbane broncos lead the comp for about 18 weeks in 2005 yet Lockyer is not even a nominee for 5/8 of the yr? Farce. Didnt expect him to win, but not even be a nominee! The Broncos won 10 games straight and Lockyer was an integral part of that.
Shane Webcke not the prop of the yr? another joke
Hodgson the fullback of the yr ahead of Minicheillo? The biggest joke of the night

weasel

First Grade
I'd like to see a tally as well, especially for the Eels and Dragons players. With 16 wins and 8 losses each, you'd expect both sides to have received maybe 80 votes or so each split amongst their players, but neither side had any of their players show up on the leaderboard throughout the whole night. You'd think the likes of Hindmarsh, Barrett, Tim Smith, Luke Bailey, heck maybe even Dean Widders would have shown up somewhere.

ucantseeme

Juniors
judging by the audience reaction when points were being tallied, scott prince seemed the crowd favourite. i think they sort groaned about thurston in the beginning but when it became a two horse race they started to cheer him on ahead of Joey.

By the way, did NSW Premier Morris Iemma make a goose of himself on stage because i remeber him talking for ages about st george then people started to laugh at the end then warren smith said something like "its obvious you know alot about RL" then people laughed more.....

innsaneink

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
the brisbane broncos lead the comp for about 18 weeks in 2005 yet Lockyer is not even a nominee for 5/8 of the yr? Farce. Didnt expect him to win, but not even be a nominee! The Broncos won 10 games straight and Lockyer was an integral part of that.
Shane Webcke not the prop of the yr? another joke
Hodgson the fullback of the yr ahead of Minicheillo? The biggest joke of the night

You take your jokes too seriously saab, lighten up.:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
sullyfan said:
The bitterness just keeps oozing out. :lol:

Like you have anything to crow about. Your team along with Manly have coughed, spluttered and tripped over their own feet into the top 8 and will be shoved out the door promptly. Bitter? Your team didn't perform all that much better than mine over the course of the season, it's time for you to face that.

Care to continue your accusations that I have multiple profiles?

The_Coach

Juniors
Congratulations to Thurston a deserved winner, and something else for Dogs supporters to think about what might have been.

brooksy19

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
You are the joke you dickhead.
Brett outplayed mini in both games they played against eachother and if you bothered watchin a few tigers matches you would of seen that hodgo was the Tigers best player in almost every match. Mini had a poor year by his standards.

MrSharky said:
:roll:

Proof right there that the Dally M is bullsh*t...

King was far more deserving... :roll:

:cool:

Anthony Minichiello was player of the Tri nations and Origin. So it should have been him.

I agree with the Dally M's being bullsh*t. How Anasta got 5/8 of the year is beyond me. I'd have gone for Benji Marshall.

Robbie Farah I thought was hooker of the year.

Mr Saab

Referee
brookys...
Minichiello has been a standout in a beaten side all yr. He has shined with pathetic halves. He was origin player of the yr as voted by his peers (not that pathetic news ltd journos)

I have watched every game in 2005...every single one. Hodgson has been very good this yr, but Minichiello, IMO, has been much better.

And to give any cred about hodgson outplaying mini in the 2 games is laughable. It is the "Mundine" argument.
I think you should be the one to watch more than just tigers games!

Timmah

Staff member
The_Coach said:
Congratulations to Thurston a deserved winner, and something else for Dogs supporters to think about what might have been.

Very true, we shouldn't have let him go.

brooksy19 said:
You are the joke you dickhead.
Brett outplayed mini in both games they played against eachother and if you bothered watchin a few tigers matches you would of seen that hodgo was the Tigers best player in almost every match. Mini had a poor year by his standards.

Part of what you say is right. Hodgson was one of the Tigers best in nearly every match I agree.

But to say Minichiello had a poor year by his standards is you perhaps judging him by the teams performance. Minichiello had arguably his best year this year. He was miles and I mean miles the best Roosters player of 2005. He played every game and played well in every game even when the team was losing he was going very well. He was origin player of the series also.

As far as fullback of the year is concerned I would have given it to Hodgson as well mainly due to the fact that the difference he made to his side was significant enough to have them in a position where they can challenge for the premiership.

brooksy19

Bench
It's all about who polled the most votes, so its always going to be subjective, but the thing to remember is no one seems to remember about votes polled back in April/May and all the 2 point games that a player gets.

The_Coach

Juniors
brooksy19 said:
It's all about who polled the most votes, so its always going to be subjective, but the thing to remember is no one seems to remember about votes polled back in April/May and all the 2 point games that a player gets.

The awards for player of the year in each individual position is not decided by the most Dally M points.

Webke had the most Dally M points for a Prop, didn't win. Watmough had the most Dally M points for a 2nd rower, didn't win.

Timmah

Staff member
foster said:
the tears flow.mini didn't get a trophy.boohoo.suck on that rorters fans.

I don't like the Roosters but seriously dude, shut up.

That said, Hodgson deserved it.

Mr Saab

Referee
brooksy19 said:

really? then explain how webcke was not prop of the yr?????????? please do.
Shane polled 17 votes, the most out of all props. :roll:

innsaneink

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
really? then explain how webcke was not prop of the yr?????????? please do.
Shane polled 17 votes, the most out of all props. :roll:

We all know the forwards, particularly props rarely get MOM, or rather a lot less than than halves and backs. Dont we?

Also all teams lift themselves for the Broncos dont they?

So we keep hearing year after year from broncos fans ad -nauseam

Latest posts