What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Anderson

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Do you think Parra fans would rush through the gates to watch Daniel Mortimer and his 12th placed teammates? LOL

Maybe they will rush through the gates and jump on the Robson tram,LOL

LOL @ Parra without Hayne

Loudstrat

Coach
Do you have a tray attached to your keyboard to catch all the dribble?

What's he supposed to do, turn down Bennett's services? You don't have the foggiest how that partnership worked out, and who was the main influence/how much contribution Kearney made? Unless you have a WC winners medal? The players seem to rate him and I'll listen to them over an internet punter.

Last year's Anzac Test apart, where we always struggle, what has he done wrong?

And he certainly hasn't proven himself unworthy with the Storm, has he?

He may well turn out to be average but calling him a dope? Strikes me as ironic.
He has proven nothing ffs. One game on his own is nothing - and he's certainly not worth punting a gf coach for no matter how much you toss off over him.

You are full of sh*t regarding your above comments, sorry mate, but as I said Parra have pushed plenty of coaches dont understand how u cant c this.
Pushed out? Do you mean push them so they resign? You moron - both Smith and Hilditch wanted new contracts. How was Hilditch "pushed" out? Smith? Resigned 6 months after the Hagan deal was made.

Maybe you can explain who was pushed out - all I see is coaches replaced at the end of their tenure.

Noa

First Grade
Do you think Parra fans would rush through the gates to watch Daniel Mortimer and his 12th placed teammates? LOL

Maybe not next year, but the year after theyd be rushing through to watch Jacob loko etc.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Anderson is being pushed out, but that is possibly because of the politics of our new board (this may get deleted). Some of us believe that anyone that was signed by Fitzgerald is being ousted.

Hagan was being pressured because we were having discipline issues, which were true as he wasn't really interested in coaching anymore. The old board were right then.

Smith never got pressured, Smith asked a year before his contract was up if there would be another one, the club decided to go in a different direction.

We do not have a culture of pressuring coaches to move on, we get more attention from the media then most clubs when it comes to controversy but we cant help that. Most clubs boards act the same as we do. We are fine as a culture. Our board has plenty of answers to face before the elections and this sacking from Ando is going to be one of them. Unless we fire next year with which ever coach we have, Fitzy could very well return.

Seems a bizarre move to punt an experienced coach for someone completely unproven like Kearney. There may be more to it than we know --- but on the surface it smacks of panic.

Dunno what's going on at Parra...in the last year or two all sorts of strange things/odd goings-on/ weird rumours etc seem to be swirling around the place.

IFR33K

Coach

To be honest, I was going to the games to look for you, just like around 7000 other fans. They told me you would be easy to find, as you are a stupid looking kid, that cries after the eels lose.

BTW, if I find you, I'm going to rip your eyeballs out, and step on them.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Whilst I like Ando, I don't really think he instituted as much as we all say. His sides over the last two years really had no genuine game plan. I mean ffs - when we played Cronulla and they idiotically put Albert Kelly at fullback, we came out and put up a total of three bombs, despite the fact he looked very uncomfortable under the high ball.

Now, one could say the players where ignoring his instructions to bomb. If that is the case, is it not his duty as coach to sort the players out?

I like Anderson and I truly feel he could be the best thing to have happened to Parra in many a year. But sometimes I wonder if he's as good as people say - sure, we made a Grand Final last year and we won some cracking games this year. But the teams over the last two years were, for the most part, without structure and seemingly without gameplans.

Having said that, it's a joke what's going on. Look at Tim Sheens - he's been at Wests forever and this year aside, they've made one Finals appearance (for a GF win, albeit). But the board has shown faith in him and the Tigers have been built into a fairly formidable side. It takes time to build a side - especially a side like Parramatta without a genuine halfback, and an average 5/8 and hooker.

Loudstrat

Coach
I'd not be unhappy if Ando left, provided he was replaced by a decent coach with a good track record. Saints punted Brownie for Creeping Jesus - look at the results. The Chooks punted Murray for an unproven coach (Stuart) but made Gould his coaching director and as a mentor guided them to three straight gf's. If Kerney comes over WITHOUT a mentor - what' the friggin point? Taylor, Hagan, Ando, kerney - no one is a standout. It just seems like change for change sake - and 6 coaches in 6 years.

Maybe the problem is that in the off season they approached everyone, and the only bloke to bite was f*cking Carl Webb.

newyboy

Juniors
Now, one could say the players where ignoring his instructions to bomb. If that is the case, is it not his duty as coach to sort the players out?

Don't you remember, he mentioned one palyer had a bad game and that was it, the manager was in and the player was quitting.

Loudstrat

Coach
And they are chasing Kearney. Dunno what he will do that Ando, Hagan and Taylor couldn't.

F*ck. We are as stable as a a place without horses.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27761934-5018866,00.html

NRL Premiership

0,5001,7896375,00.jpg
Parra power ... Anderson has been let go byt the Eels. Phil Hillyard

Parramatta Eels sack Daniel Anderson as coach at emergency meeting

By Phil Rothfield
September 26, 2010
Parramatta Eels have sacked embattled coach Daniel Anderson at an emergency board meeting, ending speculation on the future of the embattled coach.
The meeting - originally scheduled for Tuesday night - was brought forward 48 hours after news of his likely dismal was leaked to the media over the weekend.
Parramatta issued a statement confirming his sacking and will begin negotiations shortly to sign Melbourne Storm's assistant coach Stephen Kearney.
"After a strategic review into the football operations and team performance, the board determined that the team did not make the progress this year that it should have,'' the statement said.
"Moving forward on that basis, the board felt the club would be best served with a new coach.''
New Zealand's World Cup winning coach Stephen Kearney has been widely tipped as Anderson's likely successor but the club statement said a decision had yet to be made.
Anderson's sacking follows an internal review conducted by CEO Paul Osborne and board members Geoff Gerard and Glen Duncan, who is also chief executive of the club's major sponsor Pirtek.

Duncan earlier broke from boardroom protocol to reveal his opinion that Anderson should be replaced by Kiwi coach Stephen Kearney.

"I think the position is untenable for Daniel to stay," Duncan said.
"Daniel's a good guy. I think he's had a hard time, but sometimes you've got to make these decisions for the club to move forward."
Anderson has been at the helm of the Eels for just two seasons. After being brought back to Australia from coaching St Helens in England last year, Anderson took Parramatta to the grand final.

This year the Eels finished 12th.

Terrible decision imo

sallymay

Juniors
if i was steven kearney id seriously think about NOT taking the job

he might get stabbed in the back

Serc

First Grade
lol @ Parra (the club anyway...feel sorry for the fans)

Yes the team seemed to be wandering around without a game plan at times this year...but ffs, axing a coach after he got you to the GF the year before? Its not like you guys were as bad as the Cowboys this year. While he may have a small responsibility to do with recruitment in the halves/hooker etc, surely its not his fault they don't have quality in those positions?

I reckon they really missed Kingston - was playing great last year and continued that form with Penrith this year.

Nobody will be confident coaching them for a while now...hopefully it doesn't affect the performance of their next coach(es).

Last edited:

Latest posts