What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dank to Sue

stevie013

Juniors
Straw clutching? At any time did Irvine actually say "dank was injecting the team with horse drugs"?

Also, if I was to say something, would my employers be responsible for what I said?

Jimbo

Immortal
If Dank wants to prove to a court that no Cronulla players were injected with anything illegal, I say let him...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
He will prove in court that at no time has he injected anybody with anything illegal. You will also find that Irvine never said the Sharks were injected with anything illegal.

Wozza

Juniors
Nothing to worry about. Irvine will send him a letter asking to please not sue and tell him he has no money.

ghoti

Bench
Is he gonna sue for defamation? Pretty sure defamation cases only work if the figure in question is in some form of positive esteem, Dank was pretty well being assumed a shit-kicker by the time anything happened at the Sharks. Correct me if I'm wrong here..

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I figured that for one to be defamed, one must be named.

This line from his press release:
"The claims arise out of false allegations in the media that the plaintiffs have sold illegal drugs to sportspeople."

Suggests his defamation should be focussed on the media who named, not on the Cronulla club who to my knowledge, have ever officially mentioned his name in relation to injecting players with anything.

The "interview" Irvine had with Rothfield also has no mention from Irvine of Danks name at any point.

Sounds like a load of horseshit to me. If he wants to clear his name, then maybe he should prove he has never done anything illegal.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't see the Sharks can do that, considering they sacked people. They've pretty much admitted they were guilty of something.

The defendant can subpoena through the court relevant documents from the plaintiff to help prove their case can they not ? Dank doesn't have to answer to ASADA, but he would have to comply with any court order issued.

Card Shark

Immortal
Why is he suing us - we want the same thing. His name cleared means our's is cleared.

He is a f'wit.

Quigs

Immortal
Why is he suing us - we want the same thing. His name cleared means our's is cleared.

He is a f'wit.

He wants to clear his good name Card. How do you ever expect him to continue his professional services with the Hartleys if his name is mud.

Latest posts