What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dare to dream

Micistm

Bench
Request denied :)

Round 24:

Panthers vs Broncos in Penrith - draw
Cowboys vs Knights in Townsville - Knights win
Titans vs Warriors in Gold Coast - Warriors win by 62+ points
Raiders vs Sea Eagles in Canberra - Sea Eagles win

Warriors are 8th!!!!! :cool:

On the plus (?) side, there's no way we can drop any lower than our current position regardless of how the Round 24 results pan out.

:lol:Now THAT'S keeping the faith!!!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Na, we've had our dash.
We'll limp out from here imo.

This week would have been our week, had a chance to kill off Penriths hopes, and keep ours very strong but it was a double-edged sword loss. Losing against Penrith made it extremely hard for us to get in the 8 and keeps another team who could potentially snag an 8 spot from us.

That being said, we don't really deserve to be in the finals after the first 10 or so rounds, and the last 3 weeks.

Yee of lil faith.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
They've just named JBro on the wing vs the Titans.

Aaannndd that's the season OFFICIALLY over!

See y'all next season. I'm really looking forward to the League Nines!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
If any of this stuff on Cronulla making secret payments to players is true you may yet have an extra spot in the 8 to aim for

Rich102

Staff member
I, for one, don't want them to get in the top 8 playing the way they are.
Unless they can sort themselves out the sooner the season finishes the better.

vvvrulz

Coach
I, for one, don't want them to get in the top 8 playing the way they are.
Unless they can sort themselves out the sooner the season finishes the better.

To try and put a positive spin on things, at least our issues are more mental than playing ability. These are issues that can be fixed, imagine if we were in the dark days where we never had the players to even threaten the top eight.

Rich102

Staff member
Yeah, you can put a positive spin on things and you are right that the issues are mental not physical.
But to me this makes it even worse. Players who are being paid a lot of money who can't even be bothered to prepare to put in the effort.
Should the Warriors be employing more trainers or some psychiatrists?

Aragorn

First Grade
our guys just do enough to get on the 2min highlight reels and then believe the hype that they're all superstars to justify their salaries.

love them to bits!

Diesel

Referee
Yeah, you can put a positive spin on things and you are right that the issues are mental not physical.
But to me this makes it even worse. Players who are being paid a lot of money who can't even be bothered to prepare to put in the effort.
Should the Warriors be employing more trainers or some psychiatrists?

I don't buy into that psychiatrist stuff, these guys are paid well to train and practice fulltime, if they can't cut it at NRL level don't pay them the hundreds of thousands of dollars they are asking for, if the clock off at 70 minutes or continue to do stupid things on the field then they should hear about it. I realise they are human so they will make errors but after nearly 20 seasons we should win at least one premiership trophy.

Micistm

Bench
I don't buy into that psychiatrist stuff, these guys are paid well to train and practice fulltime, if they can't cut it at NRL level don't pay them the hundreds of thousands of dollars they are asking for, if the clock off at 70 minutes or continue to do stupid things on the field then they should hear about it. I realise they are human so they will make errors but after nearly 20 seasons we should win at least one premiership trophy.

is it a 'Kiwi' thing? There's been a few theories over the years, notably if you take individual kiwis, put them in other teams through the NRL- Watch them shine. Put them together, and they're extremes, and when good they're very good, but it doesn't last long. The other often mentioned theory is the Warriors is like a boys club, where Kiwi players return to chill and have a bit of a laugh n fun.
Harsh or true?:?

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Performance-wise, are we really that different to the bulk of the other NRL clubs, though? Only Melbourne seem to be able to be consistent year in & year out on the back of a small handful of experienced world class players and a lot of tactical nous. Our worst football is markedly different to our best football, but that also goes for a lot of the sides outside the top 4. Newastle, Canberra, Penrith, Titans, Brisbane and to a lesser degree Canterbury & the Sharks have all been decidedly ordinary over periods of the season. NQ have been really poor up until the past few weeks. Besides the Penrith disaster, I'd argue we've actually been more consistent than quite a few of those sides in 2013.

Diesel

Referee
It'd be interesting to see if other supporters of clubs also find their side unpredictable (as a lot of the commentators say the Warriors are since day one) or if their side beats teams they are supposed to lose to yeah lose to easier teams... Consistantly

Micistm

Bench
It'd be interesting to see if other supporters of clubs also find their side unpredictable (as a lot of the commentators say the Warriors are since day one) or if their side beats teams they are supposed to lose to yeah lose to easier teams... Consistantly

Yeah, quite a few sides are up and down, most even. I think the Warriors get called out as inconsistent more often due to never reaching their potential. With their resources, player pool...we'd always been earmarked as a future 'Broncos' type club, which would have Dynasty moments throughout it's history. In that regard the Warriors have been disappointing, constantly underachieving. I dunno...if I knew what the problem was I'd be coach:lol:

Diesel

Referee
The Panthers beat the Broncos, I guess it helps us slightly and kind of takes a little pain away from last weekend. Panthers showing some form.

I'll be at Skilled tomorrow cheering on a win for that ever so slight finals appearance

Blair

Coach
The Panthers beat the Broncos, I guess it helps us slightly and kind of takes a little pain away from last weekend. Panthers showing some form.

I'll be at Skilled tomorrow cheering on a win for that ever so slight finals appearance

Have a good time regardless.

I'm not a betting man but Sporting Bet currently have the Titans at $251.00 and the Warriors at $51.00 to win the premiership.

Sounds crazy to me.

TheDMC

Bench
Hi everyone. I've done extensive analyses of all possible permutations for the remaining rounds. I was trying to establish how likely it would the warriors would make the finals if they won their remaining three games. And for this to happen which teams needed to win/lose which matches by how much.

My analyses resulted in terrible mathematics, a headache and absolutely no idea.

Then, while watching the rabbits v dogs, Sterlo and Gould agreed that 27 points would be enough to scrape in. I didn't realize they were math geniuses but hell that's good enough for me. If the warriors win their next three games they are guaranteed to make the eight. All hope is not lost.

Hi everyone. I've done extensive analyses of all possible permutations for the remaining rounds. I was trying to establish how likely it would the warriors would make the finals if they won their remaining three games. And for this to happen which teams needed to win/lose which matches by how much.

My analyses resulted in terrible mathematics, a headache and absolutely no idea.

Then, while watching the rabbits v dogs, Sterlo and Gould agreed that 27 points would be enough to scrape in. I didn't realize they were math geniuses but hell that's good enough for me. If the warriors win their next three games they are guaranteed to make the eight. All hope is not lost.

27 with a positive points diff maybe, but we not looking to good on that front!

Micistm

Bench
It also relies on us winning the last three, they didn't look that hungry over the last two weeks. We'll see.